Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy #WPF all!

I'm actually pondering wedges today too. Now that I've had time with my 64, it is a definite keeper so I need to drop one of my other wedges. The problem becomes gaps though.

Here is the dilemma:

Current PW sits at 47* and then I go 52, 55, 59 and 64. The 52 is oddly gapped because I was going to have a PW at 48 when I bought it. I've dropped the 55 and don't totally miss it because I can play my 52 a lot of ways. My ocd sets in though and I hate the uneven gapping!

So I'm thinking of ditching my current pw because I don't love it and getting a 48. Then maybe going 52, 58, 64.

My top choices are:

1 - SCOR 59 bent to 58, cheapest route but ocd
2 - SCOR 58, cheaper route
3 - Hopkins 52 and 58 when available. 64 is brand new rtx so it stays.
4 - RTX, Mizuno and maybe Nike in the 52, 58 setup.

The 48 will match the others no matter which way I go.

#firstworldproblems

What's your 9i loft?

Happy #wpf thpland

Last night one of our driving ranges had a cleveland demo. I hit the RTX wedges again last night and am more confused than ever. I hit Balls with a standard metal and a Lighter KBS metal shaft.

(I also hit callaway xhots and razor extremes but I don't even want to think about how nice they were)

So I think I've decided, whatever wedge cokes out first (Hopkins v Mac Daddy 2) will get the 55* slot. The other will get the 50* slot. Then I'll be set until I decide which on I like more and then I'll get a 60* of that brand.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

#WPF

Pondering how incredible the RTX MBs are going to be!

So I think I've decided, whatever wedge cokes out first (Hopkins v Mac Daddy 2) will get the 55* slot. The other will get the 50* slot. Then I'll be set until I decide which on I like more and then I'll get a 60* of that brand.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Hopkins is.

Hopkins is.

That's what i thought. Haven't heard when yet on the Callaway.

Hopkins 56* bent to 55* with higher bounce it is! Now, custom or no custom. Hmm.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Hopkins 56* bent to 55* with higher bounce it is! Now, custom or no custom. Hmm.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

That would lower the bounce, FWIW

That would lower the bounce, FWIW

Oh, I had it backwards then. Don't worry with the help of THP'ers well get this ponder figured out yet.

54 bent up to 55 to get high bounce.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Cally is July sometime last I heard.

Oh, I had it backwards then. Don't worry with the help of THP'ers well get this ponder figured out yet.

54 bent up to 55 to get high bounce.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Bingo, bro! When are they coming out exactly? Is there a date or just a "time frame"?

Bingo, bro! When are they coming out exactly? Is there a date or just a "time frame"?

June 24th I believe. I think it's in Hawks interview.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

My game isn't very good right now due to playing only 54 holes the past 3 seasons. I'm losing more balls than normal so I've narrowed it down to these 3 or 4 that I can get for around $20 shipped. U4/X for $17.50, FG Tour Blem or Penta TP3 for $20?

My game isn't very good right now due to playing only 54 holes the past 3 seasons. I'm losing more balls than normal so I've narrowed it down to these 3 or 4 that I can get for around $20 shipped. U4/X for $17.50, FG Tour Blem or Penta TP3 for $20?

I actually love the Penta TP 3. Probably the best all around ball out there for its price point. If you're losing a lot of balls though it does spin quite a bit.

Can somebody link me to Hawk's review on the Hopkins Wedge??? :D

Edit: you know, in the spirit of #WPF and all.

Can somebody link me to Hawk's review on the Hopkins Wedge??? :D

Edit: you know, in the spirit of #WPF and all.

Hawk has not reviewed the wedge as of yet.
His interview is right smack dab in the middle of the home page right now.

I would click that banner at the top of this page (disclosure THP gets absolutely nothing by you doing so) and go through B-Fit. Simple chat session with you and a ball expert. Tell them you are from THP, and answer their questions honestly. I think you will be surprised with how good the info is.

Hawk has not reviewed the wedge as of yet.
His interview is right smack dab in the middle of the home page right now.

Thanks. I read the interview, but I just thought I saw somewhere that he was reviewing one.

I've got a bad memory and sometimes my mind makes up things that it wants to remember. That's probably what it was.

#WPF! Hopkins this week after reading Hawk's review. All wedge ponders are just that right now though, ponders. The X-Forged 54/58 combos has been really stellar for me. I was tentative about going back to a SW/LW setup, but this one has worked out great. The 54 is my new layup club and I feel like I can always put it close with all of the options I've got around the green.

I would click that banner at the top of this page (disclosure THP gets absolutely nothing by you doing so) and go through B-Fit. Simple chat session with you and a ball expert. Tell them you are from THP, and answer their questions honestly. I think you will be surprised with how good the info is.

I'm doing so right now. The ball fitter suggested the B330S and so did the live fitter. Now I'm thinking the U4x would be ideal or I can get the Z-Star XV for $27.60 a dozen and buy some cheap balls for water holes? The only way I can get the B330S is used and I've read conflicting reviews on used balls...

Last edited:
I'm doing so right now. The ball fitter suggested the B330S and so did the live fitter. Now I'm thinking the U4x would be ideal or I can get the Z-Star XV for $27.60 a dozen and buy some cheap balls for water holes? The only way I can get the B330S is used and I've read conflicting reviews on used balls...

Try lostgolfballs.com. And look for AAAA quality. Or whatever is the highest quality.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Try lostgolfballs.com. And look for AAAA quality. Or whatever is the highest quality.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I did and the B330/B330S is $22.99 or the Z-Star XV is on sale for $12.99 all mint recycled AAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back