Official Equipment Pondering Thread

mtcowdog;n8907380 said:
Looking for less impact on the body. I tend to hit a mid-high to high flight and have a mid 90s 7i swing speed. My swing has come together the last two years, and I want to work on refinements that increase consistency and playing sustainability. I have a hunch that some equipment changes can play a role in these desired changes. #thpassimilated

As someone with some severe back and shoulder injuries in my past, I recently went with graphite irons and am amazed at how much better I feel after playing with said shafts instead of steel.

It's too soon to say if they're as accurate etc, but I've got a guy's golf weekend coming up with 27 holes Friday, 36+ Saturday, and at least 18 Sunday. It should be quite the test.

Since my bag from FW-54* wedge is going to be Titleist I am thinking new bag, but I will wait for Christmas for that.

I'd like better dispersion with my driver. I've always used a higher bend point with a more stout feel until now with my EF Blue. I'm not sure if I should put a new shaft in my F8 or get fit for a new driver? It would certainly be a lot cheaper to buy a new shaft. I'm between stiff and xstiff but have always gone with stiff.

I want Mizuno MP-18 SC irons. At a crazy good price.

I also want to diversify my putter options. Leaning HARD on a Bettinardi Queen B 6 shape. Changing up the toe hang a bit.

Some Cobra irons forged TEC blacks

MP20 HMB’s.

Only hold up is the non availability of Elevate as a shaft option...

I want an anvil. And a balpeen hammer. No reasons

I want Mizuno MP-18 SC irons. At a crazy good price.

I also want to diversify my putter options. Leaning HARD on a Bettinardi Queen B 6 shape. Changing up the toe hang a bit.
So by being 'done' chasing other putters, you meant within the SC brand. Got it.

LMAO

So by being 'done' chasing other putters, you meant within the SC brand. Got it.

LMAO
my face is open on contact probably 70% of my misses.

Let's have some fun, and shut up James. Shushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

my face is open on contact probably 70% of my misses.

Let's have some fun, and shut up James. Shushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
"misses"

Meaning the one or two 20 footers you don't knock the bottom out of the cup on? Hahahaha

Why are mizuno's shaft options....well.....blah?

New (or new to me irons). Not sure what direction I want to go yet though.

Oh @MWard that could be fun. You can try it at the THP Club Lab first if you would like

Oh @MWard that could be fun. You can try it at the THP Club Lab first if you would like

That may be happening. I may have a dozen copper blank discs coming to my house tomorrow. You know. For content and research purposes

Back