Official Spotify thread! Share and enjoy!

TV, you ever heard of a band called "KENT"? I think they're Swedish.

Love the Viking talk. I have a playlist called "Icelandic". It has everything from Jonsi to Bjork to of monsters and men.

TV, you ever heard of a band called "KENT"? I think they're Swedish.

Yes, they where really big here about 10 years ago. Now nobody cares about them. It was mostly small emo teenagers that liked them, never got the hang of it. And funny thing. I used to know the girl that is on the cover of the "Hagnesta hill" album. Sweden is a small country lol

Love the Viking talk. I have a playlist called "Icelandic". It has everything from Jonsi to Bjork to of monsters and men.

Nice!

Otis Redding Artist Radio playing right now, loving it!

Pet peeve... Although is very RARELY happens, sometimes I try to get an artist's music on spotify and spotify doesn't have authorization to carry the music.

Once was Pink Floyd and the other was Chris Isaak (I was in a fireplace w/ ice cream kinda mood).

I have been hoping for an updated iPhone/iPad app for a while, and it came today.

The mobile Spotify app now had the Artist radio feature, pretty sweet.
Spotify brings streaming radio to iPhone, iPad app

By: Zach Epstein | Jun 19th, 2012 at 07:00AM
4 Comments
Filed Under: Mobile, Services

Spotify on Tuesday announced the addition of free mobile radio to the company’s popular Spotify app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Spotify’s radio features were previously only available to desktop users, however free and premium Spotify users can now stream limitless artist, song, playlist or album-based radio stations to Apple’s iOS devices. “Our focus has always been on creating an amazing user experience,” said Spotify VP of product, Charlie Hellman. “The radio feature we’ve added to our iPhone and iPad apps gives users the ability to discover, listen and save what they like on the go – all within one app – for free.” Spotify’s full press release follows below, and Spotify’s app is available for free in the iOS App Store.
Spotify Launches Free Mobile Radio in the US
Latest update for iOS app includes radio you can save
Starting today, Spotify users in the US can play for free on iPhone and iPad. The latest update to Spotify’s iOS app includes the new radio feature, giving free users in the US access to an unlimited amount of music on the move. The update is now available for download in the App Store.
The new radio feature for iOS is seamlessly integrated into the Spotify service, creating an unmatched user experience of listening, discovering, saving and sharing music, from a catalog of more than 16 million songs.
Spotify users on iPhone and iPad can now:
  • Create limitless streaming radio stations from single songs, playlists, albums or artists
  • Create an unlimited number of stations and listen as long as they like
  • Save tracks to Spotify playlists – any song that users “like” will be saved, so they can find the songs later
  • Personalize stations in real time by “liking” tracks to hear similar music
  • Browse friends’ playlists and create radio stations based on their tastes
  • Hear great new songs from Spotify’s state-of-the-art recommendation engine, based on what millions of real people are listening to
  • Access a catalog of over 16 million tracks
“Our focus has always been on creating an amazing user experience,” said Charlie Hellman, VP, Product at Spotify. “The radio feature we’ve added to our iPhone and iPad apps gives users the ability to discover, listen and save what they like on the go – all within one app – for free.”
Premium users of the Spotify iOS app will continue to have an ad-free experience. Free users in the US will hear advertisements from the following launch partners: Chevrolet, Durex, Heineken, Red Stag by Jim Beam, Lipton Iced Tea, Macy’s, McDonalds, Progressive, Red Bull, Taco Bell, Verizon Wireless, and Warner Bros – all of which are current Spotify advertisers.
The new Spotify radio feature will also be available to Premium users outside of the United States.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/06/19/spotify-radio-iphone-ipad-app-streaming/

This sounds pretty sweet, thanks for sharing the info WE!
No problem, basically let's it work as Pandora does w/o commericals and unlimited skips. Plus, all the other sweet features of Spotify.

No problem, basically let's it work as Pandora does w/o commericals and unlimited skips. Plus, all the other sweet features of Spotify.
That is exactly what I was hoping to get out of Spotify. I've been a premium user for a few months now, this makes me think I might be able to just cancel it and use it free but it's only $10 a month so to keep it commercial free it might be worth it.

That is exactly what I was hoping to get out of Spotify. I've been a premium user for a few months now, this makes me think I might be able to just cancel it and use it free but it's only $10 a month so to keep it commercial free it might be worth it.
Ive been a premium user for a few months as well, I wonder if the Radio feature works for the free version?

Currently listening to a certain "gangsta" playlist, I swear all that's missing is a hazy room and a hoodie.

So, after hearing comments a couple times today, I just downloaded Spotify...

Now listening to the full album from Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (before TC destroys me)

This thing is awesome!

Now listening to the full album from Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (before TC destroys me)

This thing is awesome!

Hehe, but it's a great album :)

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a premium membership. Offline playlists for running, no ads, several device connections....it's really worth the little outlay, isn't it?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a premium membership. Offline playlists for running, no ads, several device connections....it's really worth the little outlay, isn't it?
I pay the $9.99/ month. It took the place of satellite radio for me.

I've been using the free radio since I bought my S3.

Currently listening to a certain "gangsta" playlist, I swear all that's missing is a hazy room and a hoodie.

hahaha, I just now saw this. Check out my "Bob Marley and other pot smokers" playlist.

This thing is awesome!

Spotify is fantastic and I'm glad you like the album. It's a real good one.

I pay the $9.99/ month. It took the place of satellite radio for me.

Same here buddy. And the addition of artist radio to Spotify has made anything else all but obsolete for me.

I've been using the free radio since I bought my S3.

Shark, are you talking about Spotify Artist Radio?

Back