Project X Introduces New Project X 95 Flighted Shaft

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
**This is a press release**

Project X Flighted 95-L.jpg

Today, Project X introduced the lightest steel shaft in the history of the brand, Project X 95 Flighted shafts. The new addition to the Project X family sets a new benchmark for high performance shafts.

“Project X 95 Flighted is carefully designed and crafted to produce maximum distance and the tour-caliber control expected of the Project X brand,” said Greg Cavill, vice president of alloy engineering and development for Project X. “We also have incorporated descending weight properties into Project X 95 Flighted for enhanced feel in the mid to short irons. This was all quite an engineering feat given the lightweight properties of the shaft.”

Project X 95 Flighted also incorporates Flighted Technology which provides an exaggerated change in kick point within the club set to manipulate ball flight.Long irons have a lower kick point for higher ball flight, easier launch and greater distance. Short irons have a higher kick point for a lower trajectory, greater accuracy and control.

With variable geometry per flex, Project X 95 Flighted extends Project X’s Tour-proven history and heritage, providing more performance to more players with various skill levels and different swing speeds than ever before.

“Project X 95 Flighted is great steel shaft option for competitive and aspirational players who are constantly seeking the latest technology in golf equipment to give them a competitive edge,” said Cavill.

Count me as interested!

Oh yes....I am really liking this!

Love my PX 5.5's and making them 20 grams lighter could be just the boost that I could use.

Very good call on PX's part to come out with something like this. The KBS Tour 90's forced the hand a bit, I am sure.

Very good call on PX's part to come out with something like this. The KBS Tour 90's forced the hand a bit, I am sure.

No doubt about that at all IMO. The 90's have been a huge success with amateurs and PX was missing out on that marketshare.

Very cool. I want to swing these for sure!

• Staff
I sort of lost interest in the PX line after my first go-round with the Flighted. I think I outflexed myself to be honest. I'd give these a shot though. I like the Tour 90's so far and it would interesting to see how they compare in ball flight and feel.

FYI, these are going to be the stock shaft in the new Callaway X Hot Pro irons that are coming out early in 2013.

• Staff
FYI, these are going to be the stock shaft in the new Callaway X Hot Pro irons that are coming out early in 2013.

Thanks for the info, Ary.

That's pretty cool. Odyssey in front of the belly putter ruling and now Callaway working with PX to get this done before they are even announced.

Yep, I am interested in these. From what I have read, it seems these share a lot of similarities with the shafts I am currently playing, KBS Tour 90s.

I like seeing a lot of companies take stock in the shaft weighting and put that information at the forefront for consumers. There is a big difference swinging a 90g shaft and a 120g shaft.

For me, I'm not terribly interested. I'd like to move away from the lighter shafts. With that said, I think this addition to the PX line will help a lot of golfers.

ohhhh.....Color me interested in these for sure!

This is great. Many golfers could benefit from a high quality shaft that weighs less. More club head speed without losing accuracy is a good thing.

Yep, I am interested in these. From what I have read, it seems these share a lot of similarities with the shafts I am currently playing, KBS Tour 90s.

when we hit the DPC side by side I didn't notice much difference at all between the 90's and the Tour.

No doubt about that at all IMO. The 90's have been a huge success with amateurs and PX was missing out on that marketshare.

I don't know the history of PX and there are guys that have spent 100% more time at PGA Shows and around tour guys than I have, but it seemed to me, just as an outsider looking in, PX was happy (for the time being) being the brand that only "tour players" used. That doesn't seem like a real good philosophy when we amateurs are how they butter their bread. You started seeing PX Flighted show up in a few brands here and there over the past couple of years, but those were still not a shaft that fit a large chunk of the golfing population. I think these will, just like the KBS Tour 90's do. PX had to do something, because Tour 90's were starting to show up in a lot more offerings as a stock option, and rightfully so.

I like the sound of a lighter PX shaft! I like the accuracy and feel of the PX 6.0's in my J38's, but have seen better distance & trajectory with lighter shafts like Dynalite XP's and Rocketfuels.

Excellent, I can't wait to try these out in person!

I wonder how these will stack up to the PXi shafts? A bit lighter obviously, but I wonder if these are going to be more flexible and higher launch like the Tour 90s are or if they are going to be an evolution of the PXi (keeping the PX flight characteristics but with lighter weight)?

Very cool, glad to see Project X make a shaft that's competition for the Tour 90's. I'll be interested to hear more info about them leak out as they get closer to release.

I wonder how these will stack up to the PXi shafts? A bit lighter obviously, but I wonder if these are going to be more flexible and higher launch like the Tour 90s are or if they are going to be an evolution of the PXi (keeping the PX flight characteristics but with lighter weight)?

Sounds more like PXi = lighter version of original Project X whereas PX95 = lighter version of original Project X Flighted.

Sounds more like PXi = lighter version of original Project X whereas PX95 = lighter version of original Project X Flighted.

Okay. And the PX flighted were higher launching, correct?

I dont understand the idea of a lighter shaft and flighted.

I'm kind of thinking AMP Cell irons with PXI would be a good combo for me. Or perhaps something a little different with these in them. Oh man now I'm pondering like crazy

I dont understand the idea of a lighter shaft and flighted.

Me either.

There's a reason most pros use heavy shafts in all there clubs

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Back