Secret Gift Swap - UPDATED

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
UPDATED 12-24-2012 1:36 PM

I saw an old thread that said THP Christmas and thought that this might be fun to do. I know JB and GG have the 12 days of holiday cheer, but I would gladly organize this year's Secret Gift Swap. I do not want to interfere with the 12 days of holiday cheer, but this is still fun as people receive gifts from other members. This is open to THP'ers of all denominations.

Rules:

1. I get names of everyone interested.
1.5a. I'm going to open this up to ALBATROSS CLUB members ONLY SO sign up here (Having done this in the past it has shown that some people did not receive gifts) This is to ensure active forum member participation.
2. No gift over $20 to be shipped to a forum member that you receive. (You can spend more if you like, but its completely up to you)
3. Tracking info for gifts sent to me for confirmation of gift
4. Enjoy the reactions.

Hilarity could ensue.

HOW TO GET STARTED:

1. If you are interested please PM me with your name and address
2. DEADLINE to sign up is NOVEMBER 2nd at 11:59 PM EST!
3. I will let everyone know their secret gift buddy on November 3rd
4. You have the month of November to find or create a gift.
5. All gifts must be sent by December 7th to avoid holiday shipping.

Once you have received your secret buddy:
1. Go purchase your gift
2. Do not reveal who you are on the packaging!
3. Once you ship your gift, send me the tracking information so I know you shipped it.

Once you have received your package:
1. Open it, enjoy it.
2. Film it, post it, do whatever
3. Wait for the reveal, I will know once I receive everyone's tracking numbers and I will update this post with a date to reveal secret buddies...

NOTES:
As we near the end and people are sending out their gifts. If you miss the deadline, its okay if you havent shipped it out yet. But when you do, from tonight on, please only PM me that you shipped so that we may hold the gift givers a secret. Some of you may have figured out who sent you yours, keep it a secret for a little while. Heck, we may not even expose the list. Thank you for making it so much fun!

​ALL SECRET GIFTERS/GIFTEES WILL REMAIN SECRET. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Last edited:
This could be fun. Especially with videos of them being opened.

I'm in, great idea Perry the video guy.

This sounds like fun. I'd be up for it no doubt.

I like this idea, could lead to some good laughs

While it does not matter to us, I think its important to remember that not everybody celebrates Christmas. It might be best if you want to organize something to have it non-denominational. Only my opinion on the matter, but it does eliminate any future issues.

This is a pretty good idea. Could make for some pretty big laughs.

secret Festivus? I'm in!

I'm in dude, that sounds awesome!

Hmmm. I will participate as well could be entertaining.

While it does not matter to us, I think its important to remember that not everybody celebrates Christmas. It might be best if you want to organize something to have it non-denominational. Only my opinion on the matter, but it does eliminate any future issues.

Oh absolutely JB. We can make this the Secret gift swap. Obviously, we would want to include all denominations!

This could be fun. Especially with videos of them being opened.
Agreed. This could be a lot of fun. Real gifts, gimmicks or just silky presents?

I would be interested. Hopefully this could get pulled off.

I like it, Albatross Club members only of course.

Agreed. This could be a lot of fun. Real gifts, gimmicks or just silky presents?

It can be anything you want. We keep the $20 limit so people have to get creative, funny, serious, its up to you

It can be anything you want. We keep the $20 limit so people have to get creative, funny, serious, its up to you

If I do this, its going to be something funny

I could get on board with this.

Sounds like fun

Count me in! Festivus, for the rest of us!

"I have a lot of problems with you people! And now you're going to hear about them!"

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Sounds like fun Perry.

Back