SeeMore SPi Experience

I'm not a SeeMore recipient for the MC, but I have a putting lesson on Monday at SeeMore headquarters with a SPi instructor using my current SeeMore. Looking forward to it.
That's awesome, I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!
I will be leaving in about 45 mins. Going to my SeeMore putter fitting. I'm extremely excited. The morning couldn't come fast enough for me.
So not much sleep then huh??? I know I didn't sleep the night before mine and couldn't drive fast enough down the interstate to get there!

have a blast Bullfrog. Can't wait to hear about your experience and how it compares to your trip to Studio B last spring.

Sweet man! I love that everybody is getting set up.

Thanks dude. I'm interested to see if I get the same set up recommendation. I suspect it will be similar, but one or two things adjusted. Maybe grip size.

wonder how things went for Bullfrog today

I was about to say the same thing. I am really not getting much done today as I am eagerly waiting for my chance tomorrow.

looking forward to ol froggers update!

He just updated twitter...

@Bullfrog41775: "Had a blast at my @SeeMorePutters fitting for @hackersparadise #MorganCup I got a lesson on putting and the right putter for my game thanks!"

I was thinking the same thing, he did tweet a couple photos:
BFPqYNjCUAMiJiZ.jpg

BFPqqT1CQAAJsoW.jpg

Congrats on setting your fitting up Tim it sure was fun. Uploading videos and working on my review. May take a bit, be patient.

Amphibians can tapatalk!

Congrats on setting your fitting up Tim it sure was fun. Uploading videos and working on my review. May take a bit, be patient.

Amphibians can tapatalk!
I can't wait to see!!!

Bullfrogs SPi Experience

Bullfrogs SPi Experience

First off let me say THANK YOU to :thp: and :seemore: for this awesome chance for a putter fitting. i know with the help i received and will continue to get, i will improve my putting strokes per round. my camera guy didn't do the job I wanted but got some.

Today I went for my :SeeMore: putter fitting. It's a bit snowy here so I headed out a little early. I get to Ann Arbor and I see that the place I'm going to is right across the street from The Big House(Hell).

A23BAAE2-8B18-43FF-AE60-DCC760F1C994-1398-0000006CC7F6B226_zpsc3aef451.jpg

I pull into the drive and its right next to the University Course. The place is called the Ann Arbor Golf and Outing.

1AB3362C-0B05-4A4F-8179-FCE3C890751C-1398-0000006C61D25938_zps8e5b550a.jpg

Tim Katanski, my fitter, emailed me ahead of time telling me to come to the pro shop which is located out back. It's the smaller of the two buildings.

98CE5772-FE72-4228-B078-6E7A06A42A68-1398-0000006C6FC2878A_zps6dd534d2.jpg

I walk inside and am immediately greeted by Roxy. She's a real friendly greeter and was happy to see us.

6C06BBD6-B910-48E4-B54D-2BC3BCA4E4AE-1398-0000006199B96F7B_zps4598c2b8.jpg

Tim comes out and introduces himself. Says that he was really looking forward to helping me become a good putter. He takes me into the club house where it has more room to putt. Go in a room, he has a few things set up: a row of putters, the orange weight ball, the triangle and a putting cup. He proceeds to ask me to tell him about my game and my putting. So, naturally I inform him of all of this. First thing he said was "Playing 5 years. So you only have 5 years of bad habits not 30. That's a good start." We both laughed. He then asks me to take some putts like I normally do with my putter. (See funny story in other thread about my putter) you guys have seen me putt. I crouch over. And i have a natural arc to my stroke. So after missing my putts to the right like I normally do, he says to me it's hard to close the putter face when your standing like that. He proceeds to explain that the reason I stop on my follow thru is because I'm trying to compensate to close the putter face. He then grabs the orange ball and explains it should feel natural. He had me grab the ball and get in my normal crouched stance. He explained that all the weight of the ball seems heavier when it's dangling like that. So he asks me to stand up slowly and try to notice when the ball seemed like it was lighter. When I got o that position he said that should be your natural stance. That if I got tall or crouchier the weight would fell heavier. Once I got to that natural point that's when I was measured for putter length. Figured out that I need to have a 35" putter. That with a longer putter it should help from me falling back into the crouching tiger hidden dragon putter stance.

Note: Changed Stance

After changing my stance he looks at the way I'm gripping the club. He then explains it should be natural. "The way you are holding it your turning your forearms out." He then has me do sort of a worship to god stance (just an example don't mean to offend anyone) then let my hands fall naturally. Hanging naturally my forearms are turned in as well as my hands. So he shows me a trick to where if I hold the putter with two fingers on my right hand and let my left arm hang naturally that the putter will lay naturally in the fingers. The do the same with the right hand. Boom grip fixed.
Here he's explaining the grip to me a bit.

Note: changed grip

He then hands me his DB4 (his personal) and has me putt with it. Here I'm putting away... Notice how my stance is taller. You guys have seen me putt in hotd videos.

He then checks to see where ball placement is. He explains that the ball should be in front of the putter face, putter shaft lines up with the zipper, zipper lines up with buttons on middle of my chest. I was placing the ball even with my zipper which caused me to have the putter with the top slanted towards the ball.

Note: Changed ball placement

He tells me that my alignment looks good. But if I ever have an issue and I'm outside practicing. That's when to use the triangle (don't need to post a pic of it others have). Put the triangle against my putter face and put two tees in the holes to hold it in place. Stretch out the string and see where your aiming. Ok easy enough.

He also said that with my old stance it's hard to square the putter face from the beginning of the set up. So he educated me on what a square face is. What I thought was a square face was actually slightly open. That's where the RST came into play. Once I hid the red dot it showed me what a true square face looks like. I even said something to Tim about it. Heck, my face is open the whole time.

Note: Taught square face

He then proceeds to point out that now that those things are fixed that I have been on the same arc path with every stroke. It's a natural path. Before I would try to force it. Fixing those things helps my body to naturally flow thru the putt. Makes sense! With my old stance and setup I had to compensate a lot and the compensation was never the same. It's all in repeating the process! I will practice my butt off till I get it right. Heck with all the changes I am a totally different putter. :laughing:

I know there is some stuff I missed but those were the highlights for me. I actually learned more this time around than I did last time around. But it's the process is why. I got more than a fitting, I got a lesson! Tim said if I had any problems to call him and he'd help out anytime, plus we will do some on course helping too... Tim was a blast to learn from. He sure knows the :SeeMore: process. If I have any issues I won't hesitate to get his help.

And what is the putter that is right for me? (Imagine drum roll before hitting)
Spoiler
PTM 1 at 35" bent 2 degrees flat with Red SeeMore mid size grip

5dc5b806b3515fa3478118ea52128252_zpsd7f0e979.jpg

8fdeb8ae06db9ed8525543f36429e916_zps8d448f84.jpg

96d5e707d0d0a70977dee902db5edc44_zpscadc96dd.jpg

5efdd01953c9e18c4857654ab4bb18b8_zps38044535.jpg

Last edited:
BF AWESOME write up!!!! Love it love it! Glad you had a great time!

Great writeup, Bullfrog!

Tim also showed me a drill to keep things loose in my hands, wrist and forearms. Said they should be tense. Said to grip the putter and then open up my thumbs towards the sky so the putter is only in my fingers. And putt that way.

Bullfrog great job buddy. The SPi method is pretty different from your style so I am interested to see how you adapt to it. Jeez that's all we need is for you to start putting better, as if you weren't tough enough out on the course!

Might have missed it in one of the videos that I haven't watched all of just yet, but what other models did you roll and how did you settle on the PTM1?

I rolled the db4, fgp, ss1, m9, big fgp and PTM 1. Didn't get all the pictures and video I wanted to get.

Great job BF. I wondered how you'd like the stance since it is such a big change for you. Good luck buddy!

I rolled the db4, fgp, ss1, m9, big fgp and PTM 1. Didn't get all the pictures and video I wanted to get.

you did a great job buddy. What made you go PTM over the other ones and what was the runner up? Did you have a favorite heading in?

Had my eye on the DB4 going in. The PTM just had a nicer feel to me than the runner up Fgp. Not sure if its the milled face difference. And I like SeeMore on the face.

Great writeup from deep in enemy territory, (jsut kidding!) Bullfrog! Actually I'm one of the few Ohio State fans who also likes Michigan - that picture took me back to when my brother lived across the street from the Big House when he went there! The PTM1 looks great! Did you bring it home or is it on order?

Great writeup from deep in enemy territory, (jsut kidding!) Bullfrog! Actually I'm one of the few Ohio State fans who also likes Michigan - that picture took me back to when my brother lived across the street from the Big House when he went there! The PTM1 looks great! Did you bring it home or is it on order?

Tim said he was gonna call Ted as soon as I left so they could get it out to me as soon as possible.

Looks like you had a good time Frogger. Nice write-up.

I'm gonna name her Roxy! After the SPi greeter.

Awesome write up BF, sounds like a very enlightening experience!!!

Thanks Icey! It was a fun learning experience. I look forward to working on the SeeMore way.

Back