Shaft Myths Busted - THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV spoke with Tom from Matrix about some of the myths that you hear and read about online regarding shafts. Tom is one of the great authorities in the world of golf shafts with a background with some of the largest club companies in the world as well as shaft companies.

I have become a real believer of graphite in my irons. As a hard swinger, I never thought I'd be doing that.

good interview. really good info here.

Dan that's a great interview. IMO maybe the best yet from the show. Great shaft education. Thanks!

#MythBusters.

Love it. I've heard some of these misconceptions and I'm glad they are absolutely busted now on camera. Great interview Dan.

Nice! Really enjoyed the interview. Looking forward to graphite iron shafts this year

Good info in there. I'm a big fan of graphite, so all good news.

Great info here. Dan did a good job with the questions too!

I can make a 50g shaft just as stiff as a 80g x-stiff shaft. That's a VERY telling statement and should really help to kill the rumors that still swirl.

Good discussion about steel versus graphite in the irons and how the lower weights will lead to more graphite acceptance.

Great job Dan on the interview, asked some fantastic questions.

Thanks for this segment, guys. It's amazing how many people think that you can't get good performance out of a stiff graphite shaft in your irons.

Great points made in this interview and I'm a firm believer in graphite.

Good info.

Of course Dan knocks this out of the park again! Great job! I don't know much about shafts, so this was very informative!

Dan you are awesome.

Great info in here too.

My favorite interview done. Any time myths can be busted, we all get a little more knowledgable when it comes to making good equipment choices for our game.

Great interview Dan, as a golfer that doesn't know much about shafts this provided a lot of good information. Great questions dude.

Loved the interview Dan. It's good to get this kind of info straight from the OEMs.

One of my prouder moments from the show. Hidden behind this video was about a half hour of back and forth with Tom that I wish we captured, because the man is simply loaded with incredible knowledge.

So very glad we got some of these myths debunked. Also pleased you are enjoying it.

Great job Dan on the interview and asking the right questions to get some internet myths debunked.

Having gone to graphite in my irons last year I cannot think of playing steel again for long periods of time. The shafts perform as expected and the lighter weight is welcomed.

I have Matrix shafts in every club I use (Driver, 3-wood, Hybrids, irons) except my putter. They make an incredible product. I'm very happy with the performance. A little expensive but worth it, in my opinion.

Great interview Dan with some good info. I was amazed a few years back the first time I tested shaft + heads vs. off the rack, and just how much performance is changed and improved.

I'm glad Dan asked some good lead in questions. That was painful but insightful.

Back