• Hampton Cove, Huntsville, AL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shoals, Muscle Shoals, AL

• Oxmoor Valley, Birmingham, AL

• Ross Bridge, Birmingham, AL

• Other location (please specifiy in post)

• Total voters
If you are looking for a course in Georgia as an alternative, Crystal Lakes in Suburban Atlanta is a great course and its $40-50 and that includes range balls and cart. As long as it is after the first weekend in November, I should be able to make it, even if it is in AL, got friends I could stay with in B'Ham.

Hopefully I can make it out to my first THP event!

Welcome aboard jingramgbr! We will make a decision today after I contact a few of the courses in Alabama. Most of us have spent quite a bit in September and with all the Holidays coming up, we are shooting for a budget friendly outing.The course you are talking about (Crystal Lakes) looks like one Kelly and I will have to check out for sure! It's looking more like we might be heading back to Blairsville for a pre Thanksgiving and Southeastern group end of year fling. Last trip to Blairsville we had eight and it only costs us $65.00 dollars each for the entire weekend to rent a huge cabin. My 60th birthday is in November so you all can bring me a present :D... Nawww just kidding.

We have decided on going to Blairsville, Ga for our November outing. It is a beautiful place and the golf courses are spectacular. The huge cabin we rented is split between all players so the cost will average out to $57.00 for two days rent per person. Pretty good deal huh? I may even get it cheaper than that. It all depends on how many we have to sign up. Now as far as the green fees TC will have us a great deal for Butternut Creek. I believe last time we paid around $20.00. Sunday we are going to play Union Point which is a show nuff championship layout. Beautiful course set at 7600 yards from the tips. Of course we will NOT being playing the tips. It's a US Open type track that is awesome to say the least. I believe TC got us on that course for approx $40.00 bucks. Well worth the price!

AD -- Dont't forget to bring your Dad ok? Somebody's got to keep up with UncleDaddy :D

Chunk -- Maybe you can hitch a ride down with the Calloway clan as they live in North Carolina. You just need to get to their neck of the woods somehow?

It looks like the 12th will be the most popular weekend so let's shoot for that.

JB- We hope you can make it! Fly to Atlanta and hook up a ride with Setho.

Ok guys so we will have a weekend of golf which includes 57.00 bucks for rent, plus approx 20.00 green fee @ (ButterNut Creek) & 40.00 green fee @ (Old Union) for golf which totals out to approx $117.00 for the weekend. Where can you get a deal like this! Not to mention the epic ping pong battle you will certainly see from Bama and all his wannabe's :D.. BYOB or beer as the county is dry! We will cook out steaks Saturday night as we did last trip so we will make a run to the grocery store in Blairsville to pick up our steaks. Bring yourself coke, water, snacks etc. because we will be on the tip top of a mountain away from stores. Only people who play banjos or large brown bears live on this mountain :eek:).....

Let me know if you are planning on staying at the cabin or just driving up for one day of golf etc. I will forward the owner a check for the rent and you guys can pay me when you arrive for your portion.

ol gray

Send me an email to: bsandefu@communicomm.com if you are interested in coming.

Gray,
Thanks for the invitation, but unfortunately we will not be able to attend. Between our move coming up soon, planning two outings for next year, and having a magazine coming out shortly, there is no room for a vacation to go play golf. Sorry. But we hope everybody that does go, has a great time.

THis sound like fun. My wife has acrusie planned for mid-NOvember so I will need to make sure the cruise does not conflict with the golf. Like how I put that :) haha. If it does not I will be there to share in the fun, friendship and great golf.

SMG

Dang gray this is sounding to good to pass up, ill be in the area around that time so its looking better for me. Thanks for the leg work on this.

if we can get a good 10-15 guys/gals confirmed, i'm more than likely in. the more the merrier, and a heck of a lot cheaper. i have no doubts that i can get some serious discounted greens fees at Butternut Creek CC, and i can also see about getting that $40 rate at Old Union. as of right now, i'm pretty sure that uncle daddy, little bro, and i are in for the weekend, but would probably be leaving sunday.

gray, i'm assuming we'd have friday golf, saturday golf, then leave sunday (like last time) or do you want to do something different? just give me an idea of what you want to do and i can make phone calls accordingly.

THis sound like fun. My wife has acrusie planned for mid-NOvember so I will need to make sure the cruise does not conflict with the golf. Like how I put that :) haha. If it does not I will be there to share in the fun, friendship and great golf.

SMG

SMG -- Now you need to get your wife some golf clubs so she will want to come to these outings :D... Man I know you got to make the cruise but maybe the dates will not be conflicting. It looks like we are shooting for November 12th (Friday) and coming home the 14th Sunday as most folks have to be back at work.

This is looking good to me (as long as I don't hit another deer and find a parking spot in the auto body shop again). Anyone along the way want to hop in and be my navigator for the trip?

Any chance ohio is on the way? :)

Nah- I have sent Gray a message. Things don't look good for that weekend guys :(

If I am able to schedule a check up of the sound/video systems for the folks at NASCAR in Charlotte the week before or after it is very likely I'll be there driving from Charlotte (looks like 4 hrs via google maps).

Will let you know very soon

Oh boy! Another woman to help me clean up! NOT!!!!!!!! Sure hope you can come Mary!!!!!!!!!!

If I am able to schedule a check up of the sound/video systems for the folks at NASCAR in Charlotte the week before or after it is very likely I'll be there driving from Charlotte (looks like 4 hrs via google maps).

Will let you know very soon

if we can get a good 10-15 guys/gals confirmed, i'm more than likely in. the more the merrier, and a heck of a lot cheaper. i have no doubts that i can get some serious discounted greens fees at Butternut Creek CC, and i can also see about getting that $40 rate at Old Union. as of right now, i'm pretty sure that uncle daddy, little bro, and i are in for the weekend, but would probably be leaving sunday.

gray, i'm assuming we'd have friday golf, saturday golf, then leave sunday (like last time) or do you want to do something different? just give me an idea of what you want to do and i can make phone calls accordingly.

Friday / Saturday golf and leaving Sunday morning like we did last trip. TC if you will set up the golf for Friday & Saturday we will be good to go. If everyone is good with the date November 12th then I will get back with Hutch and lock er down.

Yup. Google says I should pass by Cincinnati to get on I-75.

There ya go RxGus! Now if you can talk someone into swapping shifts with ya. Maybe you two should pm each other and see what you can work out?

Yup. Google says I should pass by Cincinnati to get on I-75.

That is awesome news!
However, this is happening one week too early for me to make it. Curses Gray and his weekend selection.
I can't think of a better way to spend a day riding down south with a THPer though. Cinci is 4 hours from me but I could meet you there and leave my car. Next time buddy!

Too bad. Next time then Rx!

Sweet! I didn't see the date had been changed, I am in for certain.

This is looking good to me (as long as I don't hit another deer and find a parking spot in the auto body shop again). Anyone along the way want to hop in and be my navigator for the trip?

Sweet! I didn't see the date had been changed, I am in for certain.

Great news guys! We got some new THP'ers coming to the outing :good:.... Heck TC ,,, we might have to end of renting two cabins if this outing keeps growing dude! Beware to all new comers to the southeastern outing. If you see any greasy headed rednecks with long beards playing :guitar: banjos, DO NOT let them hitch a ride with ya. Also no petting the brown bears in these hills :eek:).......

Hey Gus, I'm sorry you can't come but you know you can head down this way any time and stay with Ol' Gray and me. We can always round up a few THPer's for a round or two of golf in a hurry!

That is awesome news!
However, this is happening one week too early for me to make it. Curses Gray and his weekend selection.
I can't think of a better way to spend a day riding down south with a THPer though. Cinci is 4 hours from me but I could meet you there and leave my car. Next time buddy!

Great news guys! We got some new THP'ers coming to the outing :good:.... Heck TC ,,, we might have to end of renting two cabins if this outing keeps growing dude! Beware to all new comers to the southeastern outing. If you see any greasy headed rednecks with long beards playing :guitar: banjos, DO NOT let them hitch a ride with ya. Also no petting the brown bears in these hills :eek:).......

nah, we can get 12-15 in that cabin easy! you and KB get the master suite, that basement can easily sleep 8-10 folks. i say pack it full and make it even cheaper. make sense?

nah, we can get 12-15 in that cabin easy! you and KB get the master suite, that basement can easily sleep 8-10 folks. i say pack it full and make it even cheaper. make sense?

Yep I think we can do it although there have been quite a few who are still considering coming from out of state. MaryC is working on coming, if she can get a stopover in Charlotte (job wise) then drive on down. Adwillingham & Dad are looking at making at least one day of golf. DannyBoy will be coming back plus all the guys we had last time and the newbies. We are going to have a much bigger crowd this go round!

Yep I think we can do it although there have been quite a few who are still considering coming from out of state. MaryC is working on coming, if she can get a stopover in Charlotte (job wise) then drive on down. Adwillingham & Dad are looking at making at least one day of golf. DannyBoy will be coming back plus all the guys we had last time and the newbies. We are going to have a much bigger crowd this go round!

we'll be ok buddy. all we'll do at the cabin is drink, play ping pong, and sleep.

Hey Gus, I'm sorry you can't come but you know you can head down this way any time and stay with Ol' Gray and me. We can always round up a few THPer's for a round or two of golf in a hurry!

Do you still have golfing weather in December? I was thinking that would work well for me since my job responsibilities are a little lighter come December

sure do! it's a little unpredictable in December but usually have plenty of good days.

we'll be ok buddy. all we'll do at the cabin is drink, play ping pong, and sleep.

I'm good at 1&3, but the only thing worse than my golf game is the ping pong.

Back