TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

As much as I do not like face balanced mallets, I always seemed to putt really well with the Spider. I think that the Ghost finish makes the graphics less busy. Which was a problem with the original Spider.

I've actually always liked the looks of the spider, and like 9 iron said, ghosting == pretty.

That is a good looking putter if I was looking for a new I think that would be the one I get.

Putter looks interesting...but like I said before, I'd put with a shovel if it meant more putts dropping! Heading to GS this week to test it out!

:clapp::clapp::clapp:I think it looks good. Little to much on the top with all the black lines but I'll check it out then it hits the stores here in So Cal. Dose anyone know what might be the price tag on it. Is it the same old 179 to 199 price???

Not my style, but I do like the fact that it has the long alignment line in addition to the "two-ball like" semi alignment circles (previous models may have both and I just missed it).

I can't wait to give this one a roll, it's awesome even down to the smallest detail, the spider on the grip and the web on the cover and great tiny details!

My partner in a league I am in uses the original one...and man is it and ugly putter. But he swears by it, says it took him a while to get used to it coming from a blade style putter, but now he loves it.

It seems to work wonders for Day, as he quietly sneaks up the leaderboards on Sundays. I think the McIlroy vs Day rivalry will be a fun one to watch.

1st post updated with press release from TM.

Thats exciting. I always liked the Spider but the original was too big and distracting for me, I was more of a fan of the itsy bitsy Spider. I wonder if they will release a Ghost version of it at some point.

Not my style, but I do like the fact that it has the long alignment line in addition to the "two-ball like" semi alignment circles (previous models may have both and I just missed it).

I just noticed that as well. I really like how they have that type of sightline on it, looks like it would help tremendously.

I still have my original TM Spider putter... Best mallet putter I have ever used... I might not be gaming it, but I will never get rid of it (just in case)...

I dont have either of them to compare, but it is pretty big...hehe
Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

No worries. The graphics on the top lead me to believe its the same size as the original vs the Itsy Bitsy.

Nothing about this putter is pleasing to my eye.

They really couldn't ask for a better person to rep this putter right now. Day is really playing well and seems like he's got a little fire in his attitude.

I am loving my TM 770 putter right now, but this putter looks awesome! If I ever decide to switch I would be giving this one a long hard look. maybe even go belly putter with it, except One-T threatened to kick me in the gnats if I ever got a belly putter :D

Does anyone else thing TayorMade is taking over the golf world with all the new stuff they've come out with? It seems like they are progressing much faster than any other company out there!

Does anyone else thing TayorMade is taking over the golf world with all the new stuff they've come out with? It seems like they are progressing much faster than any other company out there!

They are definitely good at making us think they are.

Wow. The inhand pics look much better than the one attached to the other thread.

Hmm, I was going to get a Croza Ghost, but I may have to wait till this is in stores to try it out. Looks great, I'm really impressed with Taylormade's recent putters

I've never really cared for the looks of the Spider putters, but you can't argue with the results its had on the tour. Especially with J. Day this year.

I think it looks sharp. I would prefer a single black line on top, but would have to roll it to see how it is.

love it, im so glad i already ordered one, loved the original spider and the ghost with pure roll is gonna be money!

Tried some of the other Ghost putters and the roll and feel are on the money. I'm intrigued by the alignment aid on the crown... I think the black on white has me captivated. Either way, I'd love to see how it goes with this putter. JD is a great person to represent this one!

i just checked out the Specs on taylormades website and see this one only has 2.5* of loft instead of the normal 4* like all the other ghost, i think thats a good thing since i usually have to forward press more than i like, with the 2.5* it wont be as much. really excited about this one.

Back