TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Well, I haven't posted about mine in a while since I was always told that if I didn't have something nice to say, don't say it. I can no longer hold my tongue. I seem to have just lost it with the putter. I just can't make anything, I feel uncomfortable with it now, it's just gone. I will fully admit that I traded a putter I was lights out with towards the GS when I bought it, just because I thought that this would be the complete package putter for me for a long time. I don't know why, but the last month or so has just been awful. I've talked to the local club pros, and my old golf coach about what I could be doing wrong, and from what they have said, they don't see anything wrong with the stroke itself. I will never bash this putter, because it is an excellent putter and is certainly a game changer for many people, but I think at this point for me, it's time to either sell it or trade it towards a Corza Ghost (putter I had before this one) and hopefully get my putting train running again.

Nothing wrong with that kronwall, hopefully you get your putter back and start draining them again.

Had a decent round with the GS today. I had 3 birds, but also missed a few short putts leading to a few 3 jacks. My biggest issue right now is lag putting. I seem to leave a lot of longer putts fairly short. I ordered some heavier weights yesterday to experiment later this week. I'm thinking about chopping down the length a little bit too a regripping. I do seem to sink more shorter putts with this compared to my older putter, but I lagged better with the blade. I hope to get out on the practice green later this week and see what's going on.

Nothing wrong with that kronwall, hopefully you get your putter back and start draining them again.

Yeah, like I said, I will never tell someone, "DONT BUY THE GHOST SPIDER!" since it is a fantastic club, it just isn't the right one for me. Unfortunately for me, I think the Golf Gods are toying with me now, because I've come across a really good deal on a Scotty Cameron Squareback. I had the opportunity to play with one of these for about 2 months very early this season when I was on my hunt for a new putter. Felt incredibly confident with it, but went with the Corza ghost. Tough call, Corza or SC...

Im gaming the ghost now and the biggest thing I've found is the improvement in my alignment. My touch is something that I've always had issues with, but at least with this I know I can really rely on my line. This has seen a noticeable improvement in my confidence standing over the ball which I believe flows onto a more positive stroke.

I have bad news. This putter is not being very good at short distances for me. I can't feel the putt and the top is so busy, I can't get it aligned properly. With my Anser style putters, I felt like I could point and shoot, but I really have to work on my alignment. I feel like my stroke has improved, but I have not seen my PPR decrease and it is because I am missing short putts that I normally make. I am honestly thinking about switching back.

I have bad news. This putter is not being very good at short distances for me. I can't feel the putt and the top is so busy, I can't get it aligned properly. With my Anser style putters, I felt like I could point and shoot, but I really have to work on my alignment. I feel like my stroke has improved, but I have not seen my PPR decrease and it is because I am missing short putts that I normally make. I am honestly thinking about switching back.

i was having some of the same issues with short putts when i first got the putter. i worked out the issues, i think i was rushing the putts a little because my confidence was really high from how well i was hitting the longer putts. dunno if it is the same for you but slowing down and making a good stroke helped me out with this.

i was having some of the same issues with short putts when i first got the putter. i worked out the issues, i think i was rushing the putts a little because my confidence was really high from how well i was hitting the longer putts. dunno if it is the same for you but slowing down and making a good stroke helped me out with this.

I understand what you are saying, but I have the same routine every time. It may be an adjustment period, but I am having trouble feeling the putt. With my old putters, I would knock in a 4 footer without lining up the line on the ball, but with this, I really have to focus on getting the line right. Up close, I just don't think this putter suits my eye.

I understand what you are saying, but I have the same routine every time. It may be an adjustment period, but I am having trouble feeling the putt. With my old putters, I would knock in a 4 footer without lining up the line on the ball, but with this, I really have to focus on getting the line right. Up close, I just don't think this putter suits my eye.

i hear you i don't use the alignment aids or marks on my ball i only use the putters alignment. it always plays tricks on me when i have lined them up before. and even on shorter putts with this it seems to play a little bit of a trick on my eyes. i just trust my original line and hit it.

Sick.. just waiting for white iron heads now

Great job DD! 26 putts is incredible! I will be playing mine for the first time tomorrow. I am playing in a TPC tournament, so hope everything goes well.

How did the tourney with the Spider go???

had another great round with my spider the other day. 31 putts. i really love this putter for lag putting. i really put a lot of these close and its nice knowing you have an easy 2nd putt even if you're far away. as for the bad side i haven't been hitting the center of the cup on my shorter putts lately and thats been worrying me i lipped a couple out the other day and almost missed another 1 so i worked on my stoke a little bit put the towel under my arms and i think i was pulling them ill have a better idea when i get out monday.

This, the Corza Ghost, and the Dart are my top 3 right now. I have to pull the trigger on one eventually just not sure how im going to decide

We saw a spider and baby turtle on the course today. :)

Video600021-01.jpg

I have been able to get out and practice putting 5 times now with the Ghost Spider and I have to say that I am SUPER pleased with this putter. I was hoping to get to use it in a tourney this weekend, but things didn't work out and I wasn't able to play, so I have yet to get this out on the course (I need to play some golf really bad!). So with the fact that I haven't played a round with it in mind let me touch on a few areas where I think this putter is working for me. Also, I added two 14 gram weights to the putter, making the head 380 grams (up 20 grams from the factory weight). I also added my usual 70 grams of backweighting. I really like this combo and has made me feel very confident with this putter from 10 yards and in. I can say that I think that I am putting better with the center shafted putter. I feel like I am seeing the line well and I do feel like I am pulling less putts. It has been a little bit of a transition and it is early on in the process, but I think this putter is going to be really good for me. The insert is definitely different than the Pure Roll insert in my 770. The 770 has a titanium insert and it is white and black, whereas the insert on the Ghost Spider is Surlyn and is all black. I feel like the Ghost Spiders insert is slightly more firm (if you look closely the Ghost Tour inserts do have a white material in between the black whereas the Ghost Spider has empty space there. I am not saying that I prefer either, in fact I really like both, but it was just something I noticed. I will take pictures of both and post it to show what I mean. I feel like the Ghost Spider puts more forward roll if that is possible, it seems to me to get the ball going a bit quicker and the roll is a bit more true. Like I said above, I am really liking this putter a ton and anticipate this being my gamer for a very long time!

I have been able to get out and practice putting 5 times now with the Ghost Spider and I have to say that I am SUPER pleased with this putter. I was hoping to get to use it in a tourney this weekend, but things didn't work out and I wasn't able to play, so I have yet to get this out on the course (I need to play some golf really bad!). So with the fact that I haven't played a round with it in mind let me touch on a few areas where I think this putter is working for me. Also, I added two 14 gram weights to the putter, making the head 380 grams (up 20 grams from the factory weight). I also added my usual 70 grams of backweighting. I really like this combo and has made me feel very confident with this putter from 10 yards and in. I can say that I think that I am putting better with the center shafted putter. I feel like I am seeing the line well and I do feel like I am pulling less putts. It has been a little bit of a transition and it is early on in the process, but I think this putter is going to be really good for me. The insert is definitely different than the Pure Roll insert in my 770. The 770 has a titanium insert and it is white and black, whereas the insert on the Ghost Spider is Surlyn and is all black. I feel like the Ghost Spiders insert is slightly more firm (if you look closely the Ghost Tour inserts do have a white material in between the black whereas the Ghost Spider has empty space there. I am not saying that I prefer either, in fact I really like both, but it was just something I noticed. I will take pictures of both and post it to show what I mean. I feel like the Ghost Spider puts more forward roll if that is possible, it seems to me to get the ball going a bit quicker and the roll is a bit more true. Like I said above, I am really liking this putter a ton and anticipate this being my gamer for a very long time!

glad its treating you well i think after more rounds you'll really get a better feeling for it. Im thinking about adding some more weight to this putter too. still on the fence about it.

glad its treating you well i think after more rounds you'll really get a better feeling for it. Im thinking about adding some more weight to this putter too. still on the fence about it.

I added twenty grams (two 14 gram weights) and I think that that is too much weight if you aren't going to putt any counterweights in. I think two 8s or two 10s would feel really nice.

I added twenty grams (two 14 gram weights) and I think that that is too much weight if you aren't going to putt any counterweights in. I think two 8s or two 10s would feel really nice.

You mosnter!!!

thats sounds like way to much of a workout! lol

After my terrible putting Saturday I had thoughts of spider ghost again. This putter haunts me or something. I always go back to it for some reason even though the DART has worked so well.

After my terrible putting Saturday I had thoughts of spider ghost again. This putter haunts me or something. I always go back to it for some reason even though the DART has worked so well.

its called the ghost for a reason OEM lol, I am still loving mine, lag putts are so easy to get close most of the time and short putts have become even easier, still have those bad days every once in a while but not nearly as much

I put 10g weights in mine earlier this week and took it to the course this weekend. It definitely felt different, but I had the Spider Ghost rolling well today. I received a quick ball placement tip today that really helped with my putting. 28 putts this afternoon. I'm no longer leaving a lot of my putts short and the ball is coming off of the face a little hotter. Looking forward to practicing a bit on the green this week with the ghost.

30 putts yesterday to shoot a 77, but here's the kicker: first time putting cross handed on the course. I've messed around with it on the putting greens in the past, but never really gamed it on the course. it got rid of my "handsy" yanks on some of my key putts.

I am going to add some weights to my belly putter this week and see how it rocks a bit heavier. It should be interesting to say the least.

I am going to add some weights to my belly putter this week and see how it rocks a bit heavier. It should be interesting to say the least.

How have you been hitting it OG? i think the spider would make a great belly putter if i would ever want to hit one.

How have you been hitting it OG? i think the spider would make a great belly putter if i would ever want to hit one.

In the name of Monday Night Football countdown, Cmon man!

Back