TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

I want to thank the testers, this forum testing has been completed.

Id like to thank TaylorMade and THP for the chance to do this testing with a great set of irons, thank you again. Enjoyed the testing with Tadashi, 2shoes, bucky and of course the FLTC, great job guys.

Lots of great info in here. Well done testers!

Lots of great info in here. Well done testers!

We just follow your lead with all the great reviews you do Hawk. Thanks for the nice words.

We just follow your lead with all the great reviews you do Hawk. Thanks for the nice words.

Hawk is a trend setter!

One thing I wanted to mention is that throughout my testing with these I kept everything absolutely stock (the grip, the length, and the lie angle). I think I'm going to have the lie angle adjusted to fit me a bit better now. Will be interesting to see those results.

Great job, testers. I've read some great reports on the R11's since joining here. Seems like you all did some wonderful work and saw some really nice iron play.

Steel Tappin'

We should have kept count on how many folks were sold on the R11's by the testers in this thread, seemed like a lot of folks were! Great job guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hawk is a trend setter!

One thing I wanted to mention is that throughout my testing with these I kept everything absolutely stock (the grip, the length, and the lie angle). I think I'm going to have the lie angle adjusted to fit me a bit better now. Will be interesting to see those results.

I tested mine completely stock too. One thing the pro at GG mentioned to me yesterday when I spoke with him about new irons for this year was getting them either 1* or 2* flat so if I keep the R11's in the bag I may look into bending them a little.

JB, THP, and Taylormade... Thank you for the opportunity to test these irons. i really enjoyed testing these and even though it can be a lot of work at times it was a blast. Id also like to Thank my fellow testers OEM, TC, Tadashi, and 2Shoes it was awesome seeing how everyone else liked these irons. These are hands down the best irons i have ever gotten a chance to play with. and i can't wait to fix my swing so that i can see the full potential of these game changers. i for one will still be writing reviews for these irons in here. Thanks again for everyones support and i look forward to still reading all the reviews from the new R11 owners... Enjoy the Ride i sure am.

This one was a pleasure to follow and I definitely look forward to hitting these in May. Let me say this: I am glad that TC can't play these in July. :D

Thanks to everyone who tested these and provided feedback! Seriously considering asking for a set for my birthday next month.

I actually preferred the "Tour Preferred CB's" but they were way more expensive at the time. They're now on sale for 500 bucks at Golf Town in Canada, much cheaper than the R11's and I believe they have a forged face insert or something...something's forged on 'em. haha

I actually preferred the "Tour Preferred CB's" but they were way more expensive at the time. They're now on sale for 500 bucks at Golf Town in Canada, much cheaper than the R11's and I believe they have a forged face insert or something...something's forged on 'em. haha

The CB's do have a forged face buddy. I think the R11s and the CB's look almost identical at address so that's a nice thing to have. I haven't hit the CB's but I believe that the R11 comes with a much better stock shaft.

This one was a pleasure to follow and I definitely look forward to hitting these in May. Let me say this: I am glad that TC can't play these in July. :D

hahaha, they will be missed. I don't know why I hit more GIR's with these. They just work. I never felt like I had to over power them so I was probably just more consistent at impact than with previous irons. They feel very nice too, very soft feeling.

Great job to all the testers in this thread. These are amazing irons and Buckjob, 2shoes, Tadashi, and my lefty brother TC all did an amazing job.

Great job testers!!! I really enjoyed following along. Lots of detail and saw some really good results.

All the testers went above and beyond with their reviews. I've really enjoyed following this thread. Thanks!!! :clapp:

One of the better testing threads I've read. You guys all did an amazing job and should be proud.

If this speaks to the testing here. I was on the fence at first. Enticed, than hit them. Now own and will agree with 99% of what was reported. Excellent testing that has been going on here. Thanks to everyone involved! My game is changed and looking better in 2012

This testing thread led me to my new irons and i am now a club longer and straighter then ever now. So, thanks guys. What an amazing testing thread!!!!

Well this is not what I wanted to hear. I have so enjoyed testings the R11s and sharing my thoughts and ideas. I really enjoyed the level of participation from the forum as well as sharing the stage with Buck, OEM, TC and 2shoes. I learned a lot and I thank you gentlemen.
Big thanks to THP for the opportunity and big shout out to TaylorMade for producing such a quality set of irons and allowing us to provide honest real world feedback. It has been a real treat and I feel extremely fortunate to have these in my bag, they are game changers. I can say my game has improved and rapidly since putting the R11s in my bag. Thanks again and if anyone else has questions, I am here to answer them.

I have enjoyed reading the reviews and actually it's what brought me to THP. I am seriously considering the R11's for my next set but I am a sweeper and can't find the bounce specs for them. I have e-mailed TM but havent gotten any response. Does anyone have the bounce specs on the irons and is anyone playing the R11's a sweeper?

Earl

This testing thread led me to my new irons and i am now a club longer and straighter then ever now. So, thanks guys. What an amazing testing thread!!!!

Agreed this thread was the reason i got them aswell, tons of great info!

Thank you testers for the great job done! It was because of you guys that I went out to hit these irons.

I have enjoyed reading the reviews and actually it's what brought me to THP. I am seriously considering the R11's for my next set but I am a sweeper and can't find the bounce specs for them. I have e-mailed TM but havent gotten any response. Does anyone have the bounce specs on the irons and is anyone playing the R11's a sweeper?

Earl

Earl, I don't have the specs but I am much more of a sweeper than a digger. I have had very little problems with these irons at all.

Back