TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Irons Preview

Something cool is coming with these very soon. I think there might even be a new thread or home page article that might intrigue some people. I know that I am very interested in trying these out.
That is awesome! Looking forward to seeing what THP has coming out about these!

Something cool is coming with these very soon. I think there might even be a new thread or home page article that might intrigue some people. I know that I am very interested in trying these out.

This is so cool! I'm excited to see what it is!

I want these now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Exciting to say the least!! These things must be ridiculous! The lofts are pumped right up! No such thing as long holes anymore! Hehe

Just did my taxes last night. Can't wait to get the money so I can go try these out before they run out of them. TM might have come up with a terrible name but from a marketing perspective they are definitely getting their money's worth with all the talk about them. I wonder if this thread would be 14 pages if they had named them the Burner 3.0?

Rocketballz Forum Testing! This is awesome, i can not wait to see and hear more about this set!

Rocketballz Forum Testing! This is awesome, i can not wait to see and hear more about this set!

Dude me too. I'm so excited about it I saw a tweet mid-supper and came dashing upstairs to read the full post. Now I'm not even hungry anymore.

Dude it really is amazing. Such a great opportunity for some THP'ers!

This set has had Frank written all over them for a while now. Glad to know I'll have some good info on them.

I have a hard time getting past the names of some of these clubs. Amp, Diablo, Rocketballs? Am I alone here?

This set has had Frank written all over them for a while now. Glad to know I'll have some good info on them.

I hear ya man, I feel the same. Real excited.

I have a hard time getting past the names of some of these clubs. Amp, Diablo, Rocketballs? Am I alone here?

Its just a name. Slingshot, Burner, Mashie. Have to be unique to stand out from the rest.

It's really exciting that Taylormade are giving us this opportunity. I think it shows the kind of company they are and how much faith they have in their product that they are willing to send these off to ordinary golfers to test them and give their feedback to the whole internet. Whoever gets to test them I'm really excited to see the reviews. Have a feeling these may knock a perfectly good set of irons out of my bag.
They look fantastic too. Reminds me of motor-racing with the green accents and carbon-fibre look. Between this and the new ATV wedges I like where Taylormades styling is going.

Its just a name. Slingshot, Burner, Mashie. Have to be unique to stand out from the rest.

Agreed, it is just a name, but I think this makes more of a statement.
I also just saw the "pro's reaction" video on TM site, it's kinda funny to see them react like some of us probably did when we first saw the name.

What's really interesting in this line is the use of a polymer in the cavity, which is supposed to improve feel and sound. I honestly don't care about the sound so much, but like most, I care about the feel.

I think the name proves how dominant TM really is. Any other company would get laughed at, regardless of performance. But TM really didn't, especially now with the buzz around the RBZ line, I hear more excitement than anything.

I think the name proves how dominant TM really is. Any other company would get laughed at, regardless of performance. But TM really didn't, especially now with the buzz around the RBZ line, I hear more excitement than anything.

This is the truth Thainer. Have you seen any of the commercials yet, some pretty funny stuff.

I'd love to give them a whirl next to the 2.0's at some point. I went from "that's terrible" to it piquing my interests now.

Agreed, it is just a name, but I think this makes more of a statement.
I also just saw the "pro's reaction" video on TM site, it's kinda funny to see them react like some of us probably did when we first saw the name.

What's really interesting in this line is the use of a polymer in the cavity, which is supposed to improve feel and sound. I honestly don't care about the sound so much, but like most, I care about the feel.

Sounds can tell you a lot about your impact. Not telling how to play but next time out pay attention to the sound the iron makes when it strikes the ball. It will help you with the feel of the clubs. I know it's sounds weird but when you sit on the range at a tour event you notice the sound on well hit balls. I'm interested in the sound these irons will make at impact. My guess is that it will be similar or at least close to what the pros are used to.

Sounds can tell you a lot about your impact. Not telling how to play but next time out pay attention to the sound the iron makes when it strikes the ball. It will help you with the feel of the clubs. I know it's sounds weird but when you sit on the range at a tour event you notice the sound on well hit balls. I'm interested in the sound these irons will make at impact. My guess is that it will be similar or at least close to what the pros are used to.

Click-poof-krrrrrrrrr

That's the sound if ball first, divot flinging, solid contact. The krrrrrrr is the ball taking off. Love that sound.

No I haven't seen much of the commercials yet.

Exactly, I think the name shows that they are confident enough in their product that they could name it rocketballz.

Regardless of the name you know these irons will be 1. Easy to hit 2. Long 3. Very forgiving 4. Talked aboot

True. TM has a product here that could potentially be named poofy-fluffyballz, have pink on it and still get rave performance reviews. That type of confidence scares me, and my bank account. TM is the tiger of old right now of the manufacturing game.

Exactly, I think the name shows that they are confident enough in their product that they could name it rocketballz.

True. TM has a product here that could potentially be named poofy-fluffyballz, have pink on it and still get rave performance reviews. That type of confidence scares me, and my bank account. TM is the tiger of old right now of the manufacturing game.

I'm already trying to prepare my bank account for February, I'm scared.

Regardless of the name you know these irons will be 1. Easy to hit 2. Long 3. Very forgiving 4. Talked aboot
Agree. Agree. Agree. I am most interested about the increased accuracy they are claiming.

Good point, it does seem TM can do whatever they want with their products and still sell them like crazy.

Back