TaylorMade TM-880 Maranello Ghost

You know, the most famous Left handed golfer of all time has been putting with a heel shafted putter for as long as I remember. Why on earth wouldn't companies make their heel shafted putters available in LH? It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

+1 or at least offer the mid mallet in lefty.. They even offer it in the new 79 series, but not this. I don't see what it would hurt to just have them ordered from the factory. Then, they wouldn't have to really have any inventory on hand if that's the issue.

I have blown sharpie right off of balls before, but that was only on iron shots.

Sweet looking putter for sure! Did you take these with an iphone under fluorescent lighting?

just with my droid in my house

I love the look of this. I think I have at least looked at it 2 times each day.

You have a picture of the grip? Im sure I probably missed it somewhere in here. Also what is the toe hang on it, was it the 3/4 or full? Cant remember.

i will take a pic of the grip for ya and post it in a few, the toe hang is around 4:30 or 5 which im assuming is 3/4 lol

Grip and Insert Pic

Grip and Insert Pic

Here is your grip pick and also the Red Marks on the insert, i made sure today when i putted the line wouldnt hit the insert and i think its worse than what it was last time i took pics so i dunno what it is, im gonna try goo gone again with a q-tip and if that doesnt work then i dont know what to do lol. Im not sending it back for this since its not affecting play but its kinda annoying. My Oversize Iomic will be here tomorrow so ill get that put on this week, i putted great with it today even with the small grip.
puttergrip.jpg
[/IMG]
PureRollInsertRedMarks.jpg
[/IMG]

Sweet, thank you!

Ya that red does look kind of odd. It has to be something with the red sharpie, right?

I'd give TaylorMade a call just to see what they say, or take it by your local golf store and see what they say to. Might want to start using a black sharpie so that does happen anymore (just incase it is the sharpie)

You can try rubbing alcohol, that might help some.

Sweet, thank you!

Ya that red does look kind of odd. It has to be something with the red sharpie, right?

I'd give TaylorMade a call just to see what they say, or take it by your local golf store and see what they say to. Might want to start using a black sharpie so that does happen anymore (just incase it is the sharpie)

You can try rubbing alcohol, that might help some.

im not sure if its sharpie or not, its getting worse even though im lining my ball up to where my sharpie line is on top and the forward part so i dont hit it, you dont think rubbing alcohol will be to strong for the insert do ya?

now that i look at close in good light its actually orange in color and not red

im not sure if its sharpie or not, its getting worse even though im lining my ball up to where my sharpie line is on top and the forward part so i dont hit it, you dont think rubbing alcohol will be to strong for the insert do ya?

Uhhh I'm not sure. Might wait till someone here says it's ok, because I don't know. But call TaylorMade tomorrow and ask them. I think it would be worth the replacement if it wasn't your fault. Nothing worse than messing up a new club and not being able to fix it.

Uhhh I'm not sure. Might wait till someone here says it's ok, because I don't know. But call TaylorMade tomorrow and ask them. I think it would be worth the replacement if it wasn't your fault. Nothing worse than messing up a new club and not being able to fix it.

There is nothing i have done that would mess it up lol, im just not sure getting a replacement would be worth it, if its nothing that affects how it plays then im fine with it unless they ship me a new one and then i send mine back when the new one arrives so im not without a putter.

I just got my oversized Iomic put on and its much better now, back to that awesome feel i am use to lol.

If it is Sharpie it can "bleed", even if you are not hitting it on the line on the ball anymore. That might make it lighten up to orange as well as it bleeds away

It's definitely sharpie. I just got a mark on the pure roll face of my Corza that looks similar, but it black. Only one of my balls were marked.

*Note to self, dont use sharpie with Pure roll insert

It's not really a big deal unless you enjoy gazing longingly at your insert. I think a toothbrush or one of those magic erasers would take care of that

It's such a great looking putter. Every store I go into they are sold out of them. This was one of the few I didn't hit at the PGA show so I am chomping at the bit here to get a chance to roll some rocks.

Man those pure roll inserts must have some serious grip to rub permanent market off!

Tapping and talking since 2010.

Oh look, no more crappy, slimy grips! I really should just get an iomic or something.. but this feels quite nice. Brings me back to my baseball days.
ad414102-34a6-6401.jpg

Oh look, no more crappy, slimy grips! I really should just get an iomic or something.. but this feels quite nice. Brings me back to my baseball days.
ad414102-34a6-6401.jpg

I got to putt with one of these that had a white iomic grip and it was awesome. Definitely going to put an iomic in my 770.

Yeah I forgot about the marker thing. Both myself and Dave from TM had black sharpie marks on the center of the face from striking the ball. We were both impressed at how dead center both of our marks were. :D

I got to putt with one of these that had a white iomic grip and it was awesome. Definitely going to put an iomic in my 770.

Do you know which size it was?

So I hit the Maranello Ghost this weekend and I wasn't impressed. I enjoyed putting with the Ghost Daytona, but I felt disconnected from the Maranello. I hit about 20-30 puts with it and I just couldn't put my finger on what it was that made me dislike the Maranello. I like to feel like the putter is an extension of myself and the Maranello wasn't doing it for me personally. The one thing I did love about the putter was the pure roll insert. Holy hell! It is an amazing feeling insert in whichever Ghost putter you choose. And for the price$$ point these putters are a steal.

So I hit the Maranello Ghost this weekend and I wasn't impressed. I enjoyed putting with the Ghost Daytona, but I felt disconnected from the Maranello. I hit about 20-30 puts with it and I just couldn't put my finger on what it was that made me dislike the Maranello. I like to feel like the putter is an extension of myself and the Maranello wasn't doing it for me personally. The one thing I did love about the putter was the pure roll insert. Holy hell! It is an amazing feeling insert in whichever Ghost putter you choose. And for the price$$ point these putters are a steal.

Maybe heel shafted putters aren't your thing? I can't putt with the odyssey heel shafted. However, I can putt with nearly every other one out there. I can definitely tell during the stroke.

I haven't said it for a few days, so I LOVE THIS PUTTER! It just looks great and I rolled a couple right handed just to get a feel for it and they are NICE. One day they will make this in lefty and it will be mine.

I haven't said it for a few days, so I LOVE THIS PUTTER! It just looks great and I rolled a couple right handed just to get a feel for it and they are NICE. One day they will make this in lefty and it will be mine.
I agree, I haven't said it on THP for a day or two...I TOO LOVE THIS PUTTER! That is all....good day.

I agree, I haven't said it on THP for a day or two...I TOO LOVE THIS PUTTER! That is all....good day.

I haven't even seen this putter in person and I want to make sweet love to it. Er... I love this putter too

Tappin to the oldies

Back