The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats great Nate. Now can you fix a few other things wrong...

Received really good news today of a work court case where we received a favorable ruling in the District Court of Appeals (DC) a few months ago and just learned the US Government decided not to appeal to the Supreme Court. It is final. It may be years down the road but this is very good news for me and my family and has been years in the making.

I know how much of toll that stuff can take Nate, having gone through 2 years of hell with my wife's former employer. Congratulations.

Thats great Nate. Now can you fix a few other things wrong...

It is a ton of $$$$ that is due to the hospitals out there across the country that they were entitled to. This could mean many hospitals staying afloat, staying open, getting new equipment, adding staff and Dr's and so forth. It's a great win.

I got the phone call that I got the part time job I interviewed for a little over a week ago!!! This will help financially and it is part of the hospital that I hope to transfer into for nursing school. They look better on your application if you are already an employee. :D

Ricky you're a stud! Keep working buddy.

Awesome job, Ricky!!

Be the ball!!

snuck out and played a couple of holes before work yesterday and had my second eagle ever! 5th hole at Meriwether National, 525 yd par 5 (from blues), about a 275 yd drive, chunked my hybrid to about 10 yards short, and chipped it in! it was a good feeling.. other than the fact that I now have to keep an NDX ball on my shelf, it's good stuff! :alien:

14 weeks today. Time is moving quickly.

So many little milestones along the way. It will go very fast, and you'll be nervous the whole time. Just know from the impending dad side of things, a bunch of us have been through it, so let us know if we can help along the way.

You think time flies now? Hold on my brother! But just know, it's the hardest and most rewarding thing in the world.

I can't wait to celebrate this with you.

Luckily for you my wife loves shopping for babies!

Good for you Ricky. You're doing great.

Nate, congrats on the court win. Sounds like lots of people are going to benefit.

James, I know you had a tough decision to make but you are heading down a fun path full of great memories. Remember them all.

Cookie, congrats on the captains post. You will do great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of awesome in this thread lately! Some Real HHJJ's!

Tomorrow I hit the road with 3 other THP'ers in our quests for immortality...
I LOVE the fact that these guys seem just as fired up about the trip as I am!

I'm in happy land for sure!
It's going to be a great weekend!

If my wife reads this, Thank you once again, I Love you! Thanks for everything and your support of me and my love for THP!

Congrats Ricky! Proud of you buddy!

Leaving for OC in 6 hours or so, I can't wait to live one of these legendary THP events!

Leaving for OC in 6 hours or so, I can't wait to live one of these legendary THP events!

Can't wait to meet you Marty. Secretly hoping you are actually Martin Brodeur.. Haha

My HHJJ is the Girls For Golf program. I'm at a kids course watching about 35 7-10 year old girls do a really fun golf clinic. The instruction is okay, but more importantly they are making friends and having fun. Every Wed night until school starts. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to meet you Marty. Secretly hoping you are actually Martin Brodeur.. Haha

LOL sorry to disapoint you, but I am not a pro hockey player

Lots of great HHJJ's. Love this thread. Ricky, that is so freaking awesome man. Keep up the good work! I know it can be rough but you have done amazing and I know you'll get where you want to be.

Have fun Martin! I totally envy you right now!

Safe travels buddy. See you in the morning.

He could probably pass for him. Just wait until he starts yelling at his ball in French!

Safe travels buddy. See you in the morning.

He could probably pass for him. Just wait until he starts yelling at his ball in French!
haha I laughed and woke my fiancee, she thinks i am crazy !!

The fun thing about swearing in french is no matter how nasty it gets, you guys wont know

One year ago today, my life changed for ever. I headed to the hospital nervous and scared. I don't know if I ever shared with you how much I weighed because frankly it is embarrassing but I consider you guys family so here goes. Before I headed into surgery, I stepped on the scale at exactly 410 lbs. This morning I wake up a completely new person. My life has changed in so many positive ways both relating to golf and not. I just weighed myself and this morning I weigh 293 lbs. For our non math experts out there that is 117 lbs. I could not have done this without the support of my family and friends. I made this change in my life for my daughter and my wife. I was headed down a terrible path and it all kind of hit me one day. If having this done allows me to spend even one more minute with them, it was all worth it. It hasn't been an easy journey by an means but my friends here both on and off THP have been so incredibly supportive. It really opened my eyes to just how wonderful this community is. Just have made friends here that I will have with me forever. So with all that said, I just wanted to say thank you today. Thank you for your support and your friendship.
This is effing awesome. Keep it up Ricky, my best friend did that about 4 years ago, and he has gone from about the same high weight to about 185 now. You're doing fantastic for one year!

This is effing awesome. Keep it up Ricky, my best friend did that about 4 years ago, and he has gone from about the same high weight to about 185 now. You're doing fantastic for one year!

Isn't it? Hard work and determination is a rarity in this day and age, and Ricky is straight up killing it.

Isn't it? Hard work and determination is a rarity in this day and age, and Ricky is straight up killing it.

Super impressive. Wait a couple more years and you won't recognize the guy! So proud of a fellow staffer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back