Ran a 5K with my daughter this morning (which was a first for her). The first goal she had was to finish in under an hour. Her second goal was to try to finish in under 45 minutes. We ran it in just under 35 minutes. I'm so stinking proud of her. But now she's talking about us training for a 10K..IMG_04911.jpg

Ran a 5K with my daughter this morning (which was a first for her). The first goal she had was to finish in under an hour. Her second goal was to try to finish in under 45 minutes. We ran it in just under 35 minutes. I'm so stinking proud of her. But now she's talking about us training for a 10K..View attachment 8979910
Awesome job! Goodluck with that 10k ;)

Another trip around the sun. (y)

Awesome job! Goodluck with that 10k ;)
My legs and back actually feel quite good this morning. I hit them with the theragun a few times yesterday and first thing this morning after a hot shower. I have to admit.. I am glad my daughter loves running as I never really have but it's forced me to become one.

My legs and back actually feel quite good this morning. I hit them with the theragun a few times yesterday and first thing this morning after a hot shower. I have to admit.. I am glad my daughter loves running as I never really have but it's forced me to become one.
I hope no matter what my kids want to get into I can challenge myself to follow them into whatever their passions might be. You're journey has been awesome to read about. Not always easy, but that picture says it all! Worth it!

JBC IV had his 2 month checkup today!! He weighed in at a whopping 14lbs 9oz(97%) and standing tall at 24 1/2”(95%). He also had 3 immunizations today.
5E8A852F-5B70-464E-BC09-B365E4A7B890.jpeg

BIG happy today. In a good place!!!

Universal Studios with this girl!!! Awesome day as we haven’t waited longer than 25-30 mins!!!image.jpg

I’m not going to sugarcoat this and say I’m very satisfied with our governors choices and their impacts on my children as it relates to school and their overall mental health. Businesses are hurting and my girls are really struggling right now. They’ve been remote learning and isolated forever now. My wife and I were having a very hard time trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Tensions were high and things have been difficult at home.

Seems kind of gloomy for the happy thread right? 😂

Well, here’s the happy part.The governor announced that he wants the kids back in school. Just got confirmation from the district that they’re working on plans to get them back in class as soon as possible. This is the break our family needed. I just hope that this gets my kids headed back in the right direction! My wife has been a wreck lately. She finally seems to have some of the weight off her shoulders.

A much needed laugh.

Snow just started, and it looks like we will have our first white Christmas in quite a few years!!

Snow just started, and it looks like we will have our first white Christmas in quite a few years!!
The weatherman said the same for us but so far only looking like rain

Sitting on the couch with this bunch...couldn’t be happier!!!
image.jpg

The gym i belonged to for years didnt survive the shutdown here. Its a couple minutes from my house, was open 24/7 and i was a regular and felt good. During the lockdown i felt a difference physically and i believe it even carried over to the course because i was working hard on core ( coupled with superspeed workouts). It just reopened under new ownership and i rejoined. Just couldnt duplicate everything i did there because of the equipment at the gym. Happy to be back in the gym.

Played 18 yesterday
Walked 18 yesterday with my new push cart, first time in I cant remember how long I actually got to walk.
Won 2 nassau bets
That felt great!

Was able to start sudo movement today at PT.

Butt kicks, high steps, and side slides the full length (only 30') back and forth 4 times each. Then mule pulls or whatever they strap you too and hold you back.

Wanted to be running by now, but I'll take it!

Boy was I nervous and think the trainers were too. Was afraid I would hear a snap and fall over. Felt really odd (weak) after 4 months of nothing that I had to concentrate.

WOOHOO!

I walked 18 yesterday and had the course to myself on the final 9. It was an awesome afternoon!

Back