The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This couldn't have been easy for you, but it does sound like you have really thought it through and are doing what's best for your family and ultimately this little boy at this time. That is not the kind of decision you should take lightly and no matter what it's never an easy decision to make. We are here for you if you need anything.

Rent a truck and a trailer. A two day rental would be worth it for what you are getting! You don't know anyone with a truck with a tow hitch who would let you borrow the truck? (Or any vehicle with a tow hitch really, the mower doesn't weigh that much!)

I would suggest renting out of Indy so you only have to drive it and fuel it one way. Take your car and wife to Indy and drive back separate. Should save you on rental and fuel.

I would suggest renting out of Indy so you only have to drive it and fuel it one way. Take your car and wife to Indy and drive back separate. Should save you on rental and fuel.

One way rentals generally cost more. Try to find a trailer rental place in your city. We did this using a company called Croft Trailer Rentals, which by luck is only a few miles away from me. It's always going to be cheaper to rent it from the same location you return it to.

We drove our truck and rented a trailer from KC to California and paid $100 for a one week rental on the trailer. I even told them I was driving it out to the other side of the country. A one way rental for the trailer from California to KC with U-Haul or Ryder was pushing $1000.

Plus taking two people means you might have to have two people taking off work to make the trip (unless you do it on a weekend, or when the other person is off anyway). Plus if there's kids, or pets or whatever that you gotta make arrangements for!

Been a rough few days around the Jman household, the Doc and I after much round and round have decided we won't be adopting the little boy. Would just be too hard right now and end up with me essentially being a single dad with a newborn for the first year with her schedule. Rough decision, but for the best in the long run.

Still, truly mixed emotions around here.

Obviously the best decision for the current situation. When the time is right, it will happen.

James, sorry that you had such a struggle with that decision, but sounds like you made the best decision for your situation. In time, the right opportunity will present itself for you, just hang in there man.

Been a rough few days around the Jman household, the Doc and I after much round and round have decided we won't be adopting the little boy. Would just be too hard right now and end up with me essentially being a single dad with a newborn for the first year with her schedule. Rough decision, but for the best in the long run.

Tough decision to make there, James. But, at the end of the day, you have to do what works for you and the Mrs. You will know when the time is right, I dont know how to explain it really, but when the time is right for you guys to expand your family, you will know it. And then, JDad will be a kick ass Father.

I will give you a high five and a brohug next time I see you.

We have talked about this already buddy and I am glad you guys made the best decision for your family.

You guys have gotten it all dusty in here again, and trust me, its been dusty a lot lately in the Jman household the last couple of days.

You all and your comments of encouragement mean more to me than I can ever put into words, and I'm never short of words.

As many know, I resigned from my job about a month ago, and this Friday is my last day at the office. My replacement starts tomorrow, and I will be doing his orientation over the next few days. Tomorrow morning, I will be giving up my keys and my on-call cell that I have attached to me 24/7/365 for 9 years. Kind of a weird feeling, but I am absolutely excited about the direction I am moving in.

As many know, I resigned from my job about a month ago, and this Friday is my last day at the office. My replacement starts tomorrow, and I will be doing his orientation over the next few days. Tomorrow morning, I will be giving up my keys and my on-call cell that I have attached to me 24/7/365 for 9 years. Kind of a weird feeling, but I am absolutely excited about the direction I am moving in.

I'm excited for you to take on this new challenge in your life. I'm sure it will be tough to leave the people you worked with and your comfort that I'm sure you had, but awesome how excited you are for the next step.

I'm familiar with the feeling, it's a good one. Good luck Ryan

There is only one thing to do. Well three things.
1. Eat at Shaners
2. Eat at Big Olaf's.
3. Send messages to MikeDean and say you are 4th, we are like 1st or 2nd....#GlobalMadness!

1. Eat at Shaners
2. Eat at Big Olaf's.
3. Send messages to MikeDean and say you are 4th, we are like 1st or 2nd....#GlobalMadness!
All 3 will be done.

Have you been asked to turn in your iPad yet?

Have you been asked to turn in your iPad yet?
Interesting enough, Director of IT was here with me last week.

Story on how I got my ipad; We started using them for electronic Med Administration Records on the nurses carts. We got some extra, and they told us to deploy them how we see fit. So, I gave one to myself. Fast forward to last week, and we did a tech refresh and got new laptops w/ scanners on the med carts, and now the ipads that we put on there last year are being used for training and documentation review purposes.

My ipad was not on the inventory list when we were discussing the redeployment of the devices.

IT friend of mine just told me to hold on to it.

1. Eat at Shaners
2. Eat at Big Olaf's.

What is the joke behind 441 being fourth in the world, or is it one of those "you had to be there" things?

What is the joke behind 441 being fourth in the world, or is it one of those "you had to be there" things?
He is #4 Globally in his position at his Company.

Interesting enough, Director of IT was here with me last week.

Story on how I got my ipad; We started using them for electronic Med Administration Records on the nurses carts. We got some extra, and they told us to deploy them how we see fit. So, I gave one to myself. Fast forward to last week, and we did a tech refresh and got new laptops w/ scanners on the med carts, and now the ipads that we put on there last year are being used for training and documentation review purposes.

My ipad was not on the inventory list when we were discussing the redeployment of the devices.

IT friend of mine just told me to hold on to it.

Cool deal!

1451466_565515773518259_630791526_n.jpg

Happy for ya bjeags!

1. Eat at Shaners
2. Eat at Big Olaf's.

Skip #1 and #3 and do #2 multiple times

He is #4 Globally in his position at his Company.

Its funny how this joke has become a phenomenon...kinda like chutting

But congrats dude, I know how much of a burden its been and glad u are able to do something you want to do

What a tough decision. Had to be hard on both of you to make it. Positive thoughts. A window is opening somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohshit4.gif

Looks through pics on my phone...everyone say hi to GregDan

edepy2u3.jpg

We can shut the forum down for the day. Mike Dean won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back