The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why I pick up on these things but reading an article on CNN about how aspiring writers can get a free house in Detroit - this is the caption on one of the pictures.

3d7e2eefd4e78dd52dcc04cd1c25d846.jpg

Anybody hiring. Pretty sure today is the day I am going to quit. The stupidity has just taken me overboard. Having 3 different people tell me the same thing. Combined with the fact that my review is almost 2 years late.

Morning CJ...BallyNeal better be worth getting up at 3:30. Have a great weekend!

You're playing Ballyneal today? I'm instantly jealous.

Anybody hiring. Pretty sure today is the day I am going to quit. The stupidity has just taken me overboard. Having 3 different people tell me the same thing. Combined with the fact that my review is almost 2 years late.

What do you do exactly? Im not sure what we do here though

I'm sure I can find you something in Montreal. Interested in a 50% tax rate?

What do you do exactly? Im not sure what we do here though

Honestly, I dont really care what then job is. Been here for 10 years and its the same thing every year. I shouldnt have to beg for my damn review for months every year. January is 2 years since I have had a review or a raise. I am on salary so I spend obnoxious hours here and working and answering calls when I am home with my family. I wouldnt mind doing it if they company actually showed they gave a crap once in a while. But they just keep pushing and adding and adding and I get nothing in return. I work hard and I value my work but I'm not working for free. Meanwhile the owner just bought another car and added an elevator to his mansion. Yes you read that correctly.

Honestly, I dont really care what then job is. Been here for 10 years and its the same thing every year. I shouldnt have to beg for my damn review for months every year. January is 2 years since I have had a review or a raise. I am on salary so I spend obnoxious hours here and working and answering calls when I am home with my family. I wouldnt mind doing it if they company actually showed they gave a crap once in a while. But they just keep pushing and adding and adding and I get nothing in return. I work hard and I value my work but I'm not working for free. Meanwhile the owner just bought another car and added an elevator to his mansion. Yes you read that correctly.
You do computer stuff...we do computer stuff...there ya go

Here is your review.
Employee rips his pants often.

Completed.

Making light of rough situation with humor.

Here is your review.
Employee rips his pants often.

Completed.

Making light of rough situation with humor.

It's so hard to have to listen to people that are just so dumb and have no work ethic whatsoever. I just had a 27 year old stoner come over and tell me he was going to show me how to do something that I could do with my eyes closed. I told him to please go away. I will let him know when / if I ever need him.

I'll hire you buddy.

You have to wear lycra though.

That sucks Dev. Sounds like searching around isn't the worst idea. I know the real unhappy at work feeling (currently), it's not worth it with how much time you have to spend there. Trying to find a way out myself.

I just looked up the address of where I lived from age 3 to 10 and to my surprise there were pictures of the inside of the house. It was SO weird looking at them, so many memories came flooding in. I saw the column in the dining room where my mom fell and grabbed hold of and then hours later went into premature labor with my sister (3 months early!). I saw the kitchen where I helped my dad lay tile, the sunken living room where me and my friends on the block used to put on shows for our parents. The pool where I spent every second of every summer. It was so weird to see.

That's crazy GG. My childhood home is for sale right now and I just did the same thing. I only lived there until I was 4-5 years old, so my memories are foggy. It was neat to see it with grown up eyes.

I think that's pretty cool to be able to do that.

I just looked up the address of where I lived from age 3 to 10 and to my surprise there were pictures of the inside of the house. It was SO weird looking at them, so many memories came flooding in. I saw the column in the dining room where my mom fell and grabbed hold of and then hours later went into premature labor with my sister (3 months early!). I saw the kitchen where I helped my dad lay tile, the sunken living room where me and my friends on the block used to put on shows for our parents. The pool where I spent every second of every summer. It was so weird to see.

Man that sounds like a serious trip back in time, there's a great tune by Miranda that carries me back a bit when I hear it.

That's crazy GG. My childhood home is for sale right now and I just did the same thing. I only lived there until I was 4-5 years old, so my memories are foggy. It was neat to see it with grown up eyes.

It's funny, I can pretty much remember everything from the time we lived there. I am very fortunate that I had a wonderful upbringing, and I have so many incredible memories from that house. I remember when my dad bought me a swing set and he and our neighbor put it together. I remember when I went next door to stay with our neighbor Sandy while her husband Elliot took my mom to the hospital when her water broke. My dad was a work so my neighbor took my mom. I remember that I stepped on a piece of glass at their house that day and Sandy put a yellow smiley face bandaid on my foot. She was a nurse so she was great when I was freaking.

I remember what life was like there before my sister and after. I feel like a floodgate of memories has been released just now. Just crazy!

I live about 15 minutes from my childhood home. Lived there from age 1 to 22. I drive by there about twice a year just to see how it looks. Haven't been inside since my mom died in '98 and we sold it. Would be strange to see what it looks like inside now. I'm sure its much different. Been through two different owners since.

I live about 15 minutes from my childhood home. Lived there from age 1 to 22. I drive by there about twice a year just to see how it looks. Haven't been inside since my mom died in '98 and we sold it. Would be strange to see what it looks like inside now. I'm sure its much different. Been through two different owners since.

Wow, I can't imagine driving by it, or living that close. It's about a 3 hour drive from where I live now, so I haven't been back there since I was about 15.

It's so hard to have to listen to people that are just so dumb and have no work ethic whatsoever. I just had a 27 year old stoner come over and tell me he was going to show me how to do something that I could do with my eyes closed. I told him to please go away. I will let him know when / if I ever need him.

It was going to be really cool though. It's like....you know....wait....what were we talking about?

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Man that sounds like a serious trip back in time, there's a great tune by Miranda that carries me back a bit when I hear it.

You know I love that song but hate that she stole it from Blake. He wrote it was going to record it and she said she wanted to do it. Really???

Although as they say Happy Wife, Happy Life.

I think it would have been so much better by him.

GG's post made me look to see if my grandparent's house had been on sale recently. Amazingly, the family we sold it to after my grandmother moved out has been living there ever since. I drove by it the other day, and it still looks the same from the outside.

Dev, sorry buddy I can't hire you dude. You don't work well with stupid people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back