The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are going to have a blast!! Good thing second hand smoke doesn't get you popped or I'd be in trouble, LOL. They obviously played the big standards. Two of them that stand out that you don't here a lot of is "Given the Dog a Bone, and A Whole Lotta Rosie. How old is your son? If he's an AC/DC Fan he's going to have a blast.
He's 20. Lack of concerts living two hours from ATL hurts the concert going but this will make up for it.

Personally, I was hoping for stuff off of Jailbreak, and The Jack.

tapt

Such a great day to be alive.
Fantastic things going on around THP, new launches and programs coming up this week.
Although never fun when you learn someone is full of ****, but thats neither here nor there.

Nothing is going to bring me down. So much awesome going on and there is so much more to come.

Fantastic things going on around THP, new launches and programs coming up this week.
Although never fun when you learn someone is full of ****, but thats neither here nor there.

Nothing is going to bring me down. So much awesome going on and there is so much more to come.

haha you're right about that one... Full of **** people aren't here or there... they are EVERYWHERE.

#nowordsneeded

81EbT-qMk1L._SL1280_.jpg

haha you're right about that one... Full of **** people aren't here or there... they are EVERYWHERE.

I know I am, been backed up for 2 days

I thought I was only half full of S*&t :p :)

I thought I was only half full of S*&t :p :)

Hahah. People can call you lots of things (chubby chaser, short, etc), but full of ****, they cannot. Honesty is something we have talked about at events and we are on the same page.

You admit one time that you like a girl who can body slam you....and you are branded for life :p

Back on a serious note, I agree with your original post, so many good things going on around here it should be illegal :)

Hahah. People can call you lots of things (chubby chaser, short, etc), but full of ****, they cannot. Honesty is something we have talked about at events and we are on the same page.

Truth! It's all about being able to detect and deal with them accordingly :wink:

I have thought for a while now that I want to do some volunteer work. I just don't know where to focus. If you know me at all you know my heart belongs to animals, but I honestly don't think I am emotionally strong enough to volunteer at an animal shelter. I am pretty sure I would either cry the entire time as my heart breaks for those lonely animals, or we would end up with 10 dogs and maybe even some cats.

My second thought was to volunteer with Veterans or at hospitals, but I also worry I am not emotionally stable enough to handle that. I looked at Shriner's Hospital near by and local hospice centers, but I seriously think I would just cry the entire time.

I just sent in an application with the American Cancer Society because they have clerical spots available, and event planning positions where I won't necessarily have to interact with sick people. I would love to actually work with the patients, but like I have been saying, I am genuinely not sure I am emotionally stable enough to handle that.

Any other suggestions of places I can look for volunteer work?

You admit one time that you like a girl who can body slam you....and you are branded for life :p

Back on a serious note, I agree with your original post, so many good things going on around here it should be illegal :)
hahaha a girl that can body slam you is an interesting way to put it. I like JB's term better

Habitat for Humanity, or volunteer at a retirement center. A lot of shut-ins who don't have family come visit near often enough.

I have thought for a while now that I want to do some volunteer work. I just don't know where to focus. If you know me at all you know my heart belongs to animals, but I honestly don't think I am emotionally strong enough to volunteer at an animal shelter. I am pretty sure I would either cry the entire time as my heart breaks for those lonely animals, or we would end up with 10 dogs and maybe even some cats.

My second thought was to volunteer with Veterans or at hospitals, but I also worry I am not emotionally stable enough to handle that. I looked at Shriner's Hospital near by and local hospice centers, but I seriously think I would just cry the entire time.

I just sent in an application with the American Cancer Society because they have clerical spots available, and event planning positions where I won't necessarily have to interact with sick people. I would love to actually work with the patients, but like I have been saying, I am genuinely not sure I am emotionally stable enough to handle that.

meal centers are always good options. Still on a level of sadness but you are bringing real joy to people who dont have much joy in their lives. I would go with something like that

I should add, that I am looking into getting Arrow certified as a therapy dog so I can take him to local assisted living facilities. I think he would be great at that.

I should add, that I am looking into getting Arrow certified as a therapy dog so I can take him to local assisted living facilities. I think he would be great at that.

I think this is pretty freaking awesome GG.

I think this is pretty freaking awesome GG.

He's just such a sweet dog. He loves people, and he will either jump in your lap or throw himself down on his back so you can rub his tummy. I think he could bring real joy to people, and I think he would love it too. And we certainly live in the right place for assisted living facilities.

Morgan, the VA (main hospital) my uncle goes to in Indy has aids that just shuttle patients around the hospital all day to different appointments. My mom drops him off in the main lobby, they grab him in his wheelchair, and mom sees him like hours later. He really enjoys chatting with them all and I don't think you'd have to get too emotionally involved. I also vote for Habitat or find a veteran homeless shelter that might be in constructions locally. I just found out Warner Robins is building one for female vets that are homeless, and Macon just announced one that is for men, so I'll be looking into that.

Second day air shipping and my White Hot RX V-Line Fang is supposed to arrive on Friday. That seems.....off :bulgy-eyes:

if you want to work with dogs but don't think you want to work with shelter dogs you could go down to Southeastern Guide Dogs to work with the puppies and the guide dogs in training.

meal centers are always good options. Still on a level of sadness but you are bringing real joy to people who dont have much joy in their lives. I would go with something like that

Morgan, the VA (main hospital) my uncle goes to in Indy has aids that just shuttle patients around the hospital all day to different appointments. My mom drops him off in the main lobby, they grab him in his wheelchair, and mom sees him like hours later. He really enjoys chatting with them all and I don't think you'd have to get too emotionally involved. I also vote for Habitat or find a veteran homeless shelter that might be in constructions locally. I just found out Warner Robins is building one for female vets that are homeless, and Macon just announced one that is for men, so I'll be looking into that.

I am the kind of person that cries during commercials for things that aren't even really sad. My fear with working with homeless people, or any kind of person in need on a face-to-face basis is that I will cry, or get too emotional. I am getting teary just thinking about people in need. I want to help, but from the shadows if that makes sense.

Basically what I am saying is I am an over-the-top emotional woman, there I said it!

I am the kind of person that cries during commercials for things that aren't even really sad. My fear with working with homeless people, or any kind of person in need on a face-to-face basis is that I will cry, or get too emotional. I am getting teary just thinking about people in need. I want to help, but from the shadows if that makes sense.

Basically what I am saying is I am an over-the-top emotional woman, there I said it!

Someone print this please before she deletes it.
Luv ya...

Gotcha. You could find clothing drives or food drives where all you are doing is collecting the goods. They get delivered by someone else and you put in the work to gather everything. Win win

I'm not sure where this will take you GG. But I know without a shadow of a doubt where ever that place is, it will be a much better place because of you.

Gotcha. You could find clothing drives or food drives where all you are doing is collecting the goods. They get delivered by someone else and you put in the work to gather everything. Win win

Oh, I like that idea. Allowing me to be in the shadows. Same as with THP, I work better behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back