The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take this one from the other point of view. I have no issue with anyone trying out anything in the store at anytime. Who doesn't want to hit the new stuff?! Besides, if you can't hit it, you'll never buy it, whether that be today, tomorrow, next month or year. Now I realize I can't speak for all in retail, but below is how it works in our store and always will.

Some people want to come in, demo the equipment, make a decision and take it home that day. I'm certainly not this person but many customers are and that is perfectly fine. We'll help them out
and have them playing their new clubs that afternoon. That scenario is simple and we can make that work.

Some, like myself, need to go through the full process, step back for awhile, demo again a few days/weeks later, re-evaluate, and continue this until the decision is clear and they're comfortable pulling the trigger. In this one, its our job to make sure all the questions are answered, the customer has all the info they need to make that decision, and we've done them due diligence in recommendations and utilized all the tools available to us, so they end up with the product that performs best for them. Golf is certainly not a cheap sport but this testing, and re-assurance from it , make that $400 driver or $800 iron purchase a little easier to digest when we know beyond a doubt that its "the one". Again, this one works for both parties involved.

Then there are the customers, like most of us here, who would hit balls all day long every day if we had the chance. Perhaps little to zero intent to purchase at all, just wanting to hit everything and try it ALL out in the case they do come across something they can't do without. This is your most typical customer who is coming in for balls or tees, maybe a new shirt or pair of shoes, and wants to demo some clubs, or stopping in on a rainy day with the sole purpose of demoing clubs and nothing more. We have no issues here, after all, we're a GOLF shop and that sorta is the reason we have the sims in the first place. This is a valued customer that, as mentioned above by another poster, has already spent or will in the future spend their hard-earned money in my store and I certainly appreciate that. This scenario works for both parties again.

Now the three scenarios above work for both the customer and the shop. The problems arise when the customer from scenario two or three, who have spent days, weeks, even months testing and demoing the product come in one day talking about finally making a decision and purchasing that driver/iron set/etc. online for $10 cheaper, or in most cases the same price (as we all know, a lot of these products are price protected anyway). The questions we honestly want to ask is "was my time working with you not worth $10?", "why didn't you even give us a chance to match?", "you bought it off eBay and have no idea if its legit or not?"

I don't feel this is asking too much. Again, I can't speak to the service of all shops, only mine, but I certainly feel like if we provide you with excellent customer service then we certainly deserve that same amount of respect when the purchase is made. The customer doesn't owe me a thing and I know that for sure, but we pride ourselves on service and it is disheartening and frustrating at the same time to be used as a demo ground for online purchases.

Please, someone let me know if I'm off base here. After all, you ARE the customers and that feedback is invaluable.

Try working in automotive retail. I don't know when it happened but at some point it became the norm for people to haggle with the price of getting their car repaired.

They think for some reason it should cost the same for me (ASE certified master technician) in a Two million dollar building on the main drag in town to fix their car as billy joe bob in his hole in the wall in the hood downtown. It baffles me how some people remember to breath every day.

Try working in automotive retail. I don't know when it happened but at some point it became the norm for people to haggle with the price of getting their car repaired.

They think for some reason it should cost the same for me (ASE certified master technician) in a Two million dollar building on the main drag in town to fix their car as billy joe bob in his hole in the wall in the hood downtown. It baffles me how some people remember to breath every day.

No difference in the AG repair industry either.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I can't stand seeing trash on the golf course! Pisses me off to no end!

Did you pick it up?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Did you pick it up?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I did, just like I always do. But this time of year you can see all the crap along the fairways off in the woods.

I hate it as well.

A lot of fishing holes around here on on private land, and I use to be anyone could fish them. But it got to be were people would trash the place so land owners just stop letting people fish.

Last night when I was bowling a bunch of kids where there, and when they were done they just left their balls there didn't put them away.

So whenever I see trash I pick it up, a few times last year fishing I had to contact the land owner to tell them of damage they were mad but grateful, I helped one guy fix his fence someone drove through so now I can fish there whenever (not why I did it the land owner is like 80 and I was glad to help) and last night I would throw my ball and then while waiting for it to come back started putting the kids' balls away.

I was just taught to do that stuff, and I don't know of kids are not taught that anymore or what the deal is, but it seems to be missing. Now it's not completely gone but it's not like I use to be.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Between the increased gray hairs I am finding and these back spasms I have been having since yesterday, my body is not so kindly reminding me that I am getting older. I don't appreciate it.

Between the increased gray hairs I am finding and these back spasms I have been having since yesterday, my body is not so kindly reminding me that I am getting older. I don't appreciate it.

You're falling apart.

Are you even 30 yet? Heh

Don't worry, I'm 19 and I have gray hairs already. Thanks, genetics. Lol.

I hate it as well.

A lot of fishing holes around here on on private land, and I use to be anyone could fish them. But it got to be were people would trash the place so land owners just stop letting people fish.

Last night when I was bowling a bunch of kids where there, and when they were done they just left their balls there didn't put them away.

So whenever I see trash I pick it up, a few times last year fishing I had to contact the land owner to tell them of damage they were mad but grateful, I helped one guy fix his fence someone drove through so now I can fish there whenever (not why I did it the land owner is like 80 and I was glad to help) and last night I would throw my ball and then while waiting for it to come back started putting the kids' balls away.

I was just taught to do that stuff, and I don't know of kids are not taught that anymore or what the deal is, but it seems to be missing. Now it's not completely gone but it's not like I use to be.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

i too can't stand it when people leave trash around, let alone on a golf course. i mean c'mon, i know the saying is old, but would you want someone to throw trash on you? seriously people..

If you had said that 20 years ago, it would have had a whole different meaning.

My iron play

My wrist is messed up something bad. Huge divot today, didn't get through to it, thinking I did something not good to it.

You ok buddy?

Did you pick it up?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
I pick up trash when I see it laying around on the course. In fact, sometimes I will take a "garbage sack" from the clubhouse when I have a cart to myself and empty the trash cans on the tee boxes as I am making my way around the course. My wife works there and I get free golf so I do what I can.

My wrist is messed up something bad. Huge divot today, didn't get through to it, thinking I did something not good to it.

Ouch. Have done that several times recently and it's gone the next day. Hoping it's nothing serious buddy.

I'll live.

Thanks dude.

It happened on 18, I couldn't finish the hole. My arm feels like it's asleep.

Hmmmm, usually I just have some aching when coming in fat & steep. Never had it fall asleep.

Have a few drinks and hopefully you wake up tomorrow back to normal.

Hmmmm, usually I just have some aching when coming in fat & steep. Never had it fall asleep.

Have a few drinks and hopefully you wake up tomorrow back to normal.

Just what the Dr ordered!

Waiting for new clubs to get here so I can start lessons! I want them and now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back