The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning's rant: People who drive in the rain like it's snowing. If you're that afraid of driving, stay off the road!

This morning's rant: People who drive in the rain like it's snowing. If you're that afraid of driving, stay off the road!

Could be worse, they could actually be driving in the snow..

Could be worse, they could actually be driving in the snow..

If it snowed here, I'd stay home out of fear of all the morons trying to get around.

It did snow here today. And I drove like it was raining. And now day 2 of this stupid Fraud Conference is delayed.

I was surprised to see you awake right now.

I am being entertained by a snoring orchestra. First Ellie then Duke then Josh. It's like they are in a band.

Lol this made my day, a snoring orchestra.

I was surprised to see you awake right now.

I am being entertained by a snoring orchestra. First Ellie then Duke then Josh. It's like they are in a band.

I managed to shut it down after i posted that, sadly missing this hilarious post.

And I did not enter a snoring orchestra room, fortunately. Snoring makes me not sleep a wink.

Can't sleep! All I keep thinking about is thanksgiving. For the past five years it's just been me and JB, so I know exactly how much of everything to make. This year my parents and sister are coming over and I am so paranoid I don't have enough food.

I am actually going to go to the grocery store today and exchange the turkey I bought for a bigger one because I am afraid the one I bought is too small. Ugh, I love my family but I miss our simple, quiet thanksgivings.

Pro Tip: two smaller turkeys instead of one large one.

This is the first thanksgiving in years that I haven't made the turkey, but I typically do one turkey and one breast. Plenty for a group with enough for leftovers.

This is the first thanksgiving in years that I haven't made the turkey, but I typically do one turkey and one breast. Plenty for a group with enough for leftovers.

That is a great idea. Never thought of that, just normally went for the bigger bird.

That's how my aunt always does it as well.

Sometimes I hate being left handed

The internet is creeping like a snail today. Five minutes to load one page.... I hate NMCI...

Damn I wish I had read this before I went back to the grocery store. I just returned the smaller turkey for a bigger one. I almost bought 2 10lb turkeys instead of 1 19lb turkey, but decided to go with the one bigger one. One 10lb turkey and one 10lb turkey breast would have been perfect, because most of us only eat the white meat. When it's just the two of us I only buy the breast, no reason to even have the dark meat since we both dislike it.

That's what we do as well. 1 turkey, 1 turkey breast.

Damn I wish I had read this before I went back to the grocery store. I just returned the smaller turkey for a bigger one. I almost bought 2 10lb turkeys instead of 1 19lb turkey, but decided to go with the one bigger one. One 10lb turkey and one 10lb turkey breast would have been perfect, because most of us only eat the white meat. When it's just the two of us I only buy the breast, no reason to even have the dark meat since we both dislike it.

I told JB you guys should keep me on speed dial, but he just laughed. (Not really)

What you just described is my usual scenario. We typically get one person who likes a turkey leg. Everyone else wants the breast and that's it. The turkey plus another breast is a perfect combo for that reason. I'll also buy an extra pair of wings to make gravy.

I'm actually contemplating making a turkey breast just to keep at the house for leftovers this year. Relative is making the turkey, and this is their first attempt. I'm concerned.

I consider it the Albatross of Thanksgiving.

Well played.

I do most of the cooking, so it always cuts down on the time it takes when having one full and one breast.

Guess I am just a wife.

Well played.

I do most of the cooking, so it always cuts down on the time it takes when having one full and one breast.

Guess I am just a wife.

I do a ton of the cooking. My wife is a vegetarian, so if I didn't cook I would eat zero turkey on thanksgiving.

Thats racist. :D

Thats racist. :D

First thing I thought of but then decided I didnt want to get on GG's bad side. You on the other hand, live there. Haha

Damn, do you think I can return a second turkey? Haha.

I am really thinking about it. I can get a 12lb whole turkey and 10lb breast. I am going to have to go to a different publix, I can't show my face there again ha.

Damn, do you think I can return a second turkey? Haha.

I am really thinking about it. I can get a 12lb whole turkey and 10lb breast. I am going to have to go to a different publix, I can't show my face there again ha.

That was going to be my suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back