The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, do you think I can return a second turkey? Haha.

I am really thinking about it. I can get a 12lb whole turkey and 10lb breast. I am going to have to go to a different publix, I can't show my face there again ha.

Its been my experience that Publix is probably the only store you could pull this off at and still be greeted with a smile.

I am really thinking about it. I can get a 12lb whole turkey and 10lb breast. I am going to have to go to a different publix, I can't show my face there again ha.

Lol, people at the store are gonna be like "What in the hell..... Is happening." Haha.

Its been my experience that Publix is probably the only store you could pull this off at and still be greeted with a smile.

Publix is awesome that way. Great store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is probably so much shopping going on, that they probably won't notice.

We have like 5 Publix stores in a 5 mile radius so I am going to just got to a different one. I can put them in the same roasting pan right? Just cook one for longer than the other since one is just the breast.

We have like 5 Publix stores in a 5 mile radius so I am going to just got to a different one. I can put them in the same roasting pan right? Just cook one for longer than the other since one is just the breast.

You can cook together, but you'll need separate thermometers. Good chance the breast is done before the whole turkey.

My wife is nuts.
Living near inlaws is the John Ralphio of life.

I told JB you guys should keep me on speed dial, but he just laughed. (Not really)

What you just described is my usual scenario. We typically get one person who likes a turkey leg. Everyone else wants the breast and that's it. The turkey plus another breast is a perfect combo for that reason. I'll also buy an extra pair of wings to make gravy.

I'm actually contemplating making a turkey breast just to keep at the house for leftovers this year. Relative is making the turkey, and this is their first attempt. I'm concerned.

Backup emergency turkey... thats awesome!

Well, it's done again, blocked out of my life. Bittersweet, but for the best. Told her I was wearing a Brown Ribbon for her today and to have a nice life and left it at that. She's been a pest in my life for 3 years and it's time to kill it once and for all.

My wife is nuts.
Living near inlaws is the John Ralphio of life.

wait, so you arent wearing this shirt to thanksgiving dinner?

i_love_my_in_laws_tshirt_p235786952527734670trlf_400_xlarge.jpeg

Of course I am. They will be here.
Then I will run a warm bath and grab the razors.

Keep in mind, the less turkey you have the more everyone will eat up all the extra stuff on the table, lol. I don't actually agree that you should ever run out at Thanksgiving though, left overs are always better than the original.

Keep in mind, the less turkey you have the more everyone will eat up all the extra stuff on the table, lol. I don't actually agree that you should ever run out at Thanksgiving though, left overs are always better than the original.

Leftover, dark meat turkey sandwiches are amazing...IMO.

Leftover, dark meat turkey sandwiches are amazing...IMO.

Damn I'm getting hungry already. Might just reach that wishlist 160 lbs, haha

Go to day after Thanksgiving breakfast:

Bowl of stuffing, turkey shavings, as much gravy as you can handle. Microwave. Yummy

Of course I am. They will be here.
Then I will run a warm bath and grab the razors.

You should at least first and go out happier

I miss my boys..that is all

Well turkey #2 was returned and now we have a 13lb whole turkey and 6.5lb turkey breast (it was the biggest they had). The whole turkey is fresh, the breast is frozen so I may need to put that in cold water tonight. I am not sure they are going to fit in the same pan so I may cook the breast tomorrow, and then warm it up on Thursday. Ugh, this was so much better when it was just the two of us!

Well turkey #2 was returned and now we have a 13lb whole turkey and 6.5lb turkey breast (it was the biggest they had). The whole turkey is fresh, the breast is frozen so I may need to put that in cold water tonight. I am not sure they are going to fit in the same pan so I may cook the breast tomorrow, and then warm it up on Thursday. Ugh, this was so much better when it was just the two of us!

Make sure you get that out of your system before Thursday. Dont want to accidentally slip and say it at dinner. Haha

Do you think the people at Publix have a pool going on for when that lady returns another turkey? hehe

OK Morgan, throw in cold water and it will defrost. After it defrost brine it in apple cider and herbs for as long as you can. Then cook it to 160*. when you put back in on Thanksgiving, bring the breat to 170 and serve. you can thank me after you guys wake from you food commma naps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back