The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has a fever, ear infection and possible strep throat. Boy do I love public daycare. :banghead: Granted the ear infection isn't "catchable" but still.

Damn, hope the little dude gets feeling better.

I dread the first time Charlotte gets sick.

Damn, hope the little dude gets feeling better.

I dread the first time Charlotte gets sick.

Thanks, me too. Sucks fighting him to take medicine. He'll gladly take "the pink stuff" but it's a huge fight to get him to take anything else. :banghead:

So, yesterday, one of my co-workers feels bad, decides to go home early, two days before a 5 day vacation starts.
Calls in this morning, says she feels sick - GI bug. Doesn't come in.
Now, has 5 days of vacation.
I smell something fishy....

So, yesterday, one of my co-workers feels bad, decides to go home early, two days before a 5 day vacation starts.

Where I work this can lead to a write up or more. I would have to look at the policy again, but I believe they can deny vacation as well.

It happens all the time at my office and there are never repercussions, it is almost accepted practice at this point.

Today was Harper's third birthday. I missed pretty much all of it with a bastard of a migraine. Not happy.

Doctors note or vacation cancelled. If they go anyways, fired.

Thanks, me too. Sucks fighting him to take medicine. He'll gladly take "the pink stuff" but it's a huge fight to get him to take anything else. :banghead:
Finally figured out that Nick prefers grape over cherry. Tylenol even makes a non-dye version so no more red stains on his outfits when he spits it out.

Finally figured out that Nick prefers grape over cherry. Tylenol even makes a non-dye version so no more red stains on his outfits when he spits it out.

Yup. Found that out with my daughter, who hated taking medicine so much when she was younger that she'd projectile vomit it within 1 minute of swallowing. That was a cruddy phase to go through.

Yeah I am working on a budget as I type. THP distracting me a little but oh well haha. We do spend a lot on eating out so I already know that is a big thing we need to fix. Grocery shopping sucks because a lot of times we don't have a bunch of money to spend on groceries all at one time and it seems like when you go and shop for that nights dinner it ends up costing like 60 dollars for one meal.

as bad as I feel like it is at times I just try to remember that me and my wife and my animals have a roof over our heads and don't go hungry so at the end of the day there is always something to be grateful for. It is always good to get a nice rant out as well
Aldi and Dollar Tree can be a budget saver if you have them near you.

Yup. Found that out with my daughter, who hated taking medicine so much when she was younger that she'd projectile vomit it within 1 minute of swallowing. That was a cruddy phase to go through.

Heck, we found bubble gum flavored Adil and fought with him to take it. He did the projectile vomiting with regular tylenol, then we switched to the grape and he takes it a little better. It never works out bargining with a 3 year old especially when they're tired. He wanted to know why medicine was so yucky.

We got a nasty looking white chalking medicine this time from the pharmacy. Yep, that was a 2 hour battle to take 2ML's. A battle I lost. :banghead:

We broke down and tried that new chocolate flavored medicine. Double the price nearly, but my son takes it without a fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out late last night that a HS buddy of mine had a severe reaction to post-surgery antibiotics and is suffering heart failure, currently on life support.

Oh no Dean. My thoughts are with you.

Found out late last night that a HS buddy of mine had a severe reaction to post-surgery antibiotics and is suffering heart failure, currently on life support.

Sorry buddy. Thats awful.

Damn Dean, that's terrible man. Hoping for a positive turn of events.

Dean that is awful! Thoughts with ya buddy.

Hate to hear it buddy. Positive thoughts!

Sorry to hear Dean. Hopefully his condition will change to the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear that Dean. Thoughts and prayers are with your buddy.

Sorry to hear this. Hope your buddy bounces back. Thoughts and prayers sent.

Holy crap man. Positive thoughts headed your and your friends way.

That's awful Dean. Thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear that Dean. Wishing nothing but the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back