The Possibility of Another Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all need to chill out and let this rest for a day. We all have our opinions and everyone is right.

That was no rant! I pointed out to him that there are posts that dont get a lot of attention. Screw this thread. I thought a question was asked, but looks like only certain answers where wanted.

Thats not fair Duey. Everybody has strong opinions about this. Myself and GG are the only ones that want answers and we want them from both sides, but we can also not expect everybody to agree. There are some MCers that felt for 6 months exactly what a few testers have been discussing recently (about attention).

Its hard spending 8 hours in the sun cutting promos to see nobody watch them, just as its tough to test clubs and have nobody comment on them.

I think we all need to chill out and let this rest for a day. We all have our opinions and everyone is right.

Not really and that is the point of this conversation. To be open and honest and get everybody's opinion.

It's funny that the ones in here arguing/discussing are probably some of the most passionate about THP. The ones we are talking about who ignored the MC aren't even in here to tell us why.

It's funny that the ones in here arguing/discussing are probably some of the most passionate about THP. The ones we are talking about who ignored the MC aren't even in here to tell us why.

Neither are most of the MCers KB.

WOW this thread is blown up. In all honesty, I have full faith in JB, GG, and potential helpers or old MC members such as TC, CB, Biggs, and a few others in making the right selections for the next Morgan Cup. I have skimmed the last few pages because after reading a few post I had some thoughts I wanted to get down on paper. I read that someone said that if it was invite only too many people would of been upset about that based on how some people complain about the testing. No offense, but I say suck it up. JB, GG, and the people i posted above would choose some of the best posters on this site and they would do an amazing job. Sure you would be down if you didn't get picked but you should realize how good the people that got chosen are for the site and see the quality they post with etc. I'm good with anyway you guys decide to do it.

One thing I would like to add is the cost of it. I'm not sure if many really took into account how much it cost some of these guys for this great event. Yea it only states $399 for all that wonderful stuff but you have airfare, hotel/villas cost, food, rental car maybe, plus other purchases. I'm sure it wasn't cheap and as of right now I could afford it but it wouldn't be in my best interest as it would drain my account quite a lot. Keep in mind all this great stuff isn't cheap and as JB said before in a testing thread for Scorfit the MC guys paid their dues.

Its hard spending 8 hours in the sun cutting promos to see nobody watch them, just as its tough to test clubs and have nobody comment on them.

that day was hot as hell, but I would it again in a heartbeat. I do think it sucks that people don't comment on them. Esp because the more comments and support that is show on the forum and homepage for those things, the more likelihood that MC 2.0 is going to happen.

Good point KellyBo.

Tapping my way down the highway

yup and that's just sad.

Everyone is in timeout. Zip it or take it to PMs. I have no authority here, but seriously, take a chill people. This is not what THP is about. Not singling anyone out, just the tenor of the thread is crap right now.

Good points guys. I'd love to hear from some that didn't follow the MC as to why they didn't. It was great fun even for those who didn't take part.

That's not true at all. I didn't ignore the MC thread because I wasn't chosen(I wasn't around yet) I didn't involve myself because I had no conversations with the people chosen. Heck I'll be honest I had to ask JB who the participants were because I wasn't active enough yet. I know names now and if the MC was going on now I would certainly follow it just as much as I follow the outing thread. I know now what I was missing out on in the MC thread. I love this place and was happy about winning my wager with OG :D but more seriously I want to see this place grow not just cause of another MC but through word of mouth and the testing that THP does(THP staff I'm talking about)

Everyone is in timeout. Zip it or take it to PMs. I have no authority here, but seriously, take a chill people. This is not what THP is about. Not singling anyone out, just the tenor of the thread is crap right now.

Normally I agree Griff. But I also think if everybody can keep it just in this thread and keep it fairly civil, its a good way to get to the bottom of what makes some events work, others not work and why some want things done some ways or another.

Question for Duey:

You said you wish there was a way for thousands of people to enjoy the MC. What do you think could be done differently for that to happen?

Anyone else feel free to jump in on that too.

I think the reason I was so excited about it was because I knew so many of the participants. If I hadn't known anyone, I don't know......

I was getting my thoughts together and was going to post something tomorrow when I was more rested as I have been travelling all day, but this thread has gotten so heated I wanted to post now. This thread is supposed to be about The Morgan Cup 2.0 and what can be changed for the betterment of the forum we all like to spend our time in. Somehow this thread got really angry and I'm not sure how that happened but we all need to calm down.

I can see how people got intimidated or found their posts to get lost in the banter that happened in the MC thread. We found that as well as MC'ers, if you came into the discussion at the wrong time you could have all of your posts missed for a while, or have to leave the thread for a day and try and get back on track. I loved all the support of any posts that others would add to the mix, and just because the post was not quoted, does not mean that it went unread.

Please everyone remember that the this was the first ever Morgan Cup, maybe the only, and not all the bugs were worked out or even known about since it had never happened before. knowbody knew how that thread would go, we didn't know what to post sometimes, how the trash talk would be received, or how to get the other members of THP involved. There were a lot of other things that most would agree should be changed for the next one, but there was no way to find that out until the first one had occured.

I am tired and find I am rambling, but I want to say this, I loved being in the Morgan Cup, I loved that thread and everything that was involved. No matter who is in the next MC, if there is a MC 2.0, I will be involved heavily in that thread, and will do all the IT setup needed to make sure the coverage of this event is even better than the first. Like TC, you will find me at the Morgan Cup 2.0 whether I am competing in it or not and I hope we can all just calm down and talk about what could be best for this incredible event.

agreed, I watched every video I could, sure I missed some but I went back and watched the ones I missed, its hard to keep up in a thread that can go 30 pages longer while your at work.

That is exactly why I created a thread with the videos. If you missed even a few days of the banter here and there, you missed a handful of videos.

I'm just giving feedback as to why I think it blows that some of us should automatically be excluded. The excuses for not participating in the MC thread are I'm sure valid. I'm only pointing out that many of you who are coming up with the reasons share the same exact feelings. SO I guess the question is this: how can all this be avoided in the future?

Dang went to put twins to bed and got lost . So many pages forgive me I catch up so I tried to just refresh a bit on what I missed. A lot of stuff getting thrown around.

Question for Duey:

You said you wish there was a way for thousands of people to enjoy the MC. What do you think could be done differently for that to happen?

Anyone else feel free to jump in on that too.

I believe thousands got to enjoy it now though right? Through coverage? Or are we talking strictly about the equipment?

I watched many of the videos in the thread smallville created and every video during the MC live event. Sure, I didn't post in the actual pre-event thread much, but I read it and left the banter for the guys that were going to be involved, mostly. People will always find something to complain about......

That is exactly why I created a thread with the videos. If you missed even a few days of the banter here and there, you missed a handful of videos.

yup and that was great.

I'm just giving feedback as to why I think it blows that some of us should automatically be excluded. The excuses for not participating in the MC thread are I'm sure valid. I'm only pointing out that many of you who are coming up with the reasons share the same exact feelings. SO I guess the question is this: how can all this be avoided in the future?
Can it and will it that is a great question. But in The end someone is going to be left with a bitter taste in their mouth. I dont think everyone can come out a winner is this. Sucks put thats how it is.

I believe thousands got to enjoy it now though right? Through coverage? Or are we talking strictly about the equipment?

I'm not sure...I'm going off something Due said that I was looking for clarification on.

I think most of the participants did a good job. Some better than others. Getting the forum involved isn't easy and I see that quite often. It bothers me, but I try to remember that as much as this is a community, forums are by nature a bit of a selfish. People are here for what they are here for and not a lot can change that.

We can't all post in every thread. Hell, I have tons of posts and there are threads I don't read or post in. We all have our interests I guess. I do try to post in almost every one, but it doesn't always happen.

That said, giving cop out responses to the issue of why you don't post in certain threads is lame. If you feel left out in a thread you can get left in pretty easily. Don't blame others and say it was too inclusive. Get included. Look at cookie. That dude doesn't know any of the MC'rs, but he was there all the time. He missed a day or two and came back in.

Reactions: TC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back