The Possibility of Another Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not really the reason that I didn't post. I just didn't feel like it was my conversation for the most part. I chose a side and was fully supportive of the MC, but I just didn't feel like I had much to do with what was going on.

Don't take that the wrong way though, I would've given my right foot to keep the MC on.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Oh, I posted, I'm just relating what I was thinking at times and wish there were a way for the thousands of THP members out there to really be involved and feel more part of such a big event. I get what you say, it just got tough to relate if we were not involved.

that thread did move fast. When I went on vacation and came back I had like 85 pages to read. But I read them and watched all the videos on there.
CL made me angry many times because he just routed for the wrong team! haha
Actually CL was great in that thread and even though he was for Team Hackers, he did send me PM's wishing me luck down in FL.

It was tough to keep up with. I read every post in there though. I remember I went away for a weekend and had no internet access. Took me 2 hours just to catch up on that thread. I think I was quoting things that were 60 pages back:comp:

Oh, I posted, I'm just relating what I was thinking at times and wish there were a way for the thousands of THP members out there to really be involved and feel more part of such a big event. I get what you say, it just got tough to relate if we were not involved.

like what Due?

This is craziness! The same people in here feeling ignored are the same people who not 48 hours ago were posting in the Rant of the Day thread about how much it sucked having their testing threads ignored. Pick a side already.

ah, so b/c you felt ignored in the MC thread you just gave up on it. I've got news for you, the amount of videos or posts I made that went "ignored" by those not involved in the MC was too many to count. But you know what? You can't stop doing it. Many of you are proving a point: it's a long term process. It's a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun. I don't feel sorry for someone for not wanting to participate. Hawk, chunkylover, mcook, Ole Gray, they all had a blast in that thread. Kudos to them.

Allow me to play devils advocate here: for the months leading up to the Morgan Cup, there was a lot of equipment testing conducted by THP. A lot! I don't think a MC'er was involved in any of that testing. Ironically, a thread had to be revived b/c those threads weren't being kept up like they should. That thread was bumped up by THP, no one else. Should those involved in those tests not be allowed to test again in the future? I mean, they've had their chance too, right? Some of it was good, some of it wasn't, but should there be a second chance for those who were told publically to "step it up"?

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this. It's amazing how certain opportunities are completely ignored. I hope there is another Morgan Cup, and I'm sure THP will do what's best for them, and that's all that matters. Personal agendas need to be set aside. If I never participate again, fine. I'll still support it. I'm not part of the Outing, but I participate in that thread b/c it's fun and b/c it involves my friends. I can also guarantee you this: I will be at the next Morgan Cup, as a volunteer if I have to b/c it really is something special.

I was very excited and supportive about the Morgan Cup and followed it with excitement from beginning to end. I read the threads often. I'm no good at trash talk (unless it pertains to OG) and I felt uncomfortable with some of it. I loved the videos! I watched some of them several times. I didn't miss a single one. Just because someone was not posting often doesn't mean they weren't part of it. It was just awkward for some of us. You know I was supporting every last one of you all the way and every once in a while I would come in and say just that.

ah, so b/c you felt ignored in the MC thread you just gave up on it. I've got news for you, the amount of videos or posts I made that went "ignored" by those not involved in the MC was too many to count. But you know what? You can't stop doing it. Many of you are proving a point: it's a long term process. It's a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun. I don't feel sorry for someone for not wanting to participate. Hawk, chunkylover, mcook, Ole Gray, they all had a blast in that thread. Kudos to them.

Allow me to play devils advocate here: for the months leading up to the Morgan Cup, there was a lot of equipment testing conducted by THP. A lot! I don't think a MC'er was involved in any of that testing. Ironically, a thread had to be revived b/c those threads weren't being kept up like they should. That thread was bumped up by THP, no one else. Should those involved in those tests not be allowed to test again in the future? I mean, they've had their chance too, right? Some of it was good, some of it wasn't, but should there be a second chance for those who were told publically to "step it up"?

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this. It's amazing how certain opportunities are completely ignored. I hope there is another Morgan Cup, and I'm sure THP will do what's best for them, and that's all that matters. Personal agendas need to be set aside. If I never participate again, fine. I'll still support it. I'm not part of the Outing, but I participate in that thread b/c it's fun and b/c it involves my friends. I can also guarantee you this: I will be at the next Morgan Cup, as a volunteer if I have to b/c it really is something special.

This is an interesting take on it.

This is craziness! The same people in here feeling ignored are the same people who not 48 hours ago were posting in the Rant of the Day thread about how much it sucked having their testing threads ignored. Pick a side already.

Hah. I agree with you but I think that the two kinds of threads are totally different.

I should add that it goes back to the testing as well. GG and I spent hours on some of those videos at times. Then when push comes to shove seeing them only viewed by 16 people, you realize that it is not working the way it should and if we ever do anything again, DEFINITE changes will be in affect.

This is an interesting take on it.

Well, it makes sense based on the B.S. being thrown around in this thread tonight.

Hah. I agree with you but I think that the two kinds of threads are totally different.

How?

Here's a question TC, or anyone else who wants to answer.
If people felt uncomfortable or out of place in the MC thread, one could say that's on us 16. Fine, I get that. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it.
If you are in a testing thread and feel it's getting ignored, couldn't that be a little on you just like the MC thread might be on us?

WTF? I posted about the ignor, but no rants about tests being ignored. Where's that coming from?

I should add that it goes back to the testing as well. GG and I spent hours on some of those videos at times. Then when push comes to shove seeing them only viewed by 16 people, you realize that it is not working the way it should and if we ever do anything again, DEFINITE changes will be in affect.

Exactly!!!!!! You/I/MC'ers put in a ton of effort on videos and photos and updates and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who was watching and supporting and who wasn't.

What's being failed to be realized is what if THP's plans were to reward those who supported and participated with the MC 1.0 w/ the MC 2.0?

If people felt uncomfortable or out of place in the MC thread, one could say that's on us 16. Fine, I get that. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it.
If you are in a testing thread and feel it's getting ignored, couldn't that be a little on you just like the MC thread might be on us?

How many guys have been in the Precept iQ+ thread and commented? A lot of people only go into threads if it's a product of interest.

JB I am not sure if I am reading this right or not so forgive me if I am incorrect but wouldn't the video show someone has "viewed" it if they did via YouTube directly and not through THP?

Tapping my way down the highway

I want to post one thing here. THIS is the thread to discuss it. Lets remember we are all on the same team here and everything being addressed in this thread, should stay in this thread. Its clear there are some issues on both sides and I think its healthy to let everybody discuss it in one place.

JB I am not sure if I am reading this right or not so forgive me if I am incorrect but wouldn't the video show someone has "viewed" it if they did via YouTube directly and not through THP?

No, I can see how many viewed it on either place. The videos were not uploaded to THP, but still on YouTube embedded here. A view is a view in that case.

Now you're thinking where my head is dude. I'm sick of this garbage.

WTF? I posted about the ignor, but no rants about tests being ignored. Where's that coming from?

Really??? I can dig the post up. You mentioned your Superfast 2.0 3wood not 48 hours ago and how you felt like no one cared or read about it. My advice: don't come in here preaching about how you felt left out, it doesn't look good. And at this point, I'm pointing all of this stuff out. There were quite a few of you ranting about it in fact. I read everything and I don't forget stuff either.

I feel like our efforts are being discounted. We aren't better than anyone here, we're THP'ers the same as you and everyone else. To be told that we should be excluded is ********! Some of us put our hearts and souls into the MC. I really don't care at this point though. Have at it.

No, I can see how many viewed it on either place. The videos were not uploaded to THP, but still on YouTube embedded here. A view is a view in that case.

ok thank for the clarifcation. I was not sure what you could see as a moderator.

How many guys have been in the Precept iQ+ thread and commented?

Me :)

It wasn't hard to participate in the thread, but I get that some folks just liked to read. I had fun supporting the event and really enjoyed every minute of it as an outsider. I'd jump in on it again in a second whether there were no sponsors, donated equipment, or whatever.

I really loved the promo side of it, though. I thought that it was pretty cool to see personally. Some of the videos, even before the event, were very clever.

I know exactly what you mean by this. Video is a whole different animal, I have had the opportunity to do videos for compression board, SeeMore, and Nike VR Pro Combo irons and when I go out to my channel it can be disheartening to see the few number of views when you know how much time and effort it takes to put something together. But when you get a few comments in a thread it sure does help me forget about the low view numbers when you know that at least ONE person enjoyed or appreciated your thoughts & effort.

I've been in there and commented numerous times.

I knew you would say that. Most of the guys who have wives testing commented but other than those and one or two others, not many. My point is just that people usually only go into threads if they are interested in a certain product. I know I am guilty.

I know exactly what you mean by this. Video is a whole different animal, I have had the opportunity to do videos for compression board, SeeMore, and Nike VR Pro Combo irons and when I go out to my channel it can be disheartening to see the few number of views when you know how much time and effort it takes to put something together. But when you get a few comments in a thread it sure does help me forget about the low view numbers when you know that at least ONE person enjoyed or appreciated your thoughts & effort.

We did 50 videos or so in 3 weeks. For no other reason than to have some fun, talk some trash and try to incorporate more people in the event. In the end, most went unwatched by anybody outside of the MC. I have to say if we werent so used to it from the home page, it would be disheartening a little, so I know how a lot of guys feel.

Really??? I can dig the post up. You mentioned your Superfast 2.0 3wood not 48 hours ago and how you felt like no one cared or read about it. My advice: don't come in here preaching about how you felt left out, it doesn't look good. And at this point, I'm pointing all of this stuff out. There were quite a few of you ranting about it in fact. I read everything and I don't forget stuff either.

I feel like our efforts are being discounted. We aren't better than anyone here, we're THP'ers the same as you and everyone else. To be told that we should be excluded is ********! Some of us put our hearts and souls into the MC. I really don't care at this point though. Have at it.

That was no rant! I pointed out to him that there are posts that dont get a lot of attention. Screw this thread. I thought a question was asked, but looks like only certain answers where wanted.

I don't think your efforts are being discounted by any stretch of the imagination, at least not by me. Some people may be ignorant and think that you were just some lucky guys that got to go to Florida for a weekend of golf with some cool incentives thrown in, but I kept up with the MC thread and understand completely how much effort you guys had to put in as well. I'm all for you being mad at those ignorant types, but don't forget that you weren't forgotten. There's still some of us out here who appreciate what you guys did and the time/effort put forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back