The Publix Sub Thread

This man out here asking the real questions. We need details!
When they used to do it they had a jar there. I’m guessing this Green Wise location he visits still has the button For it

How did they go about it? Did they use the meatball sauce? Did you have to bring them a jar?
They used the meatball sauce. I told them I would be coming back for more and I would buy them a jar and put my name on it. 😂

They used the meatball sauce. I told them I would be coming back for more and I would buy them a jar and put my name on it. 😂
Thats fantastic.

When they used to do it they had a jar there. I’m guessing this Green Wise location he visits still has the button For it
Greenwise just told me they wouldn’t do it for me…I looked at the lady and said…well then I’ll just go across the street.

Greenwise just told me they wouldn’t do it for me…I looked at the lady and said…well then I’ll just go across the street.
No way really? Greenwise said no, but the Publix directly across the street will?

No way really? Greenwise said no, but the Publix directly across the street will?
Publix made it for me last time I was there. Green wise doesn’t have the meatball so I’m assuming that is why. I didn’t want to cause the older lady behind the counter anxiety. 🤷‍♂️

Publix made it for me last time I was there. Green wise doesn’t have the meatball so I’m assuming that is why. I didn’t want to cause the older lady behind the counter anxiety. 🤷‍♂️
Hahha. I could see you saying "So what you do is walk your way over to aisle 5, grab the sauce and pour some out."

Hahha. I could see you saying "So what you do is walk your way over to aisle 5, grab the sauce and pour some out."
The Publix ladies are so nice to me, I don't know if I could be a frustrated customer telling them how things are going to go.

Guess I’m going to have to try a Publix sub next time I’m down south. The interesting thing is that Publix rival (only from a supermarket ranking perspective) is Wegmans who also has incredible subs. Maybe that’s the key to a successful operation

Guess I’m going to have to try a Publix sub next time I’m down south. The interesting thing is that Publix rival (only from a supermarket ranking perspective) is Wegmans who also has incredible subs. Maybe that’s the key to a successful operation
Wegmans is a fantastic store too.

Of all the things I miss, Publix is a big one, and these damn subs are a large part of that.

I love the self checkout, it kind of fulfills my childhood playing pretend working at a checkout line. And then there is no awkward small talk with the cashier either. It’s a win all the way around for me.

I hate the small talk. The cashier doesn't want to answer or ask how I'm doing either. Just scan my stuff please :/

I hate the small talk. The cashier doesn't want to answer or ask how I'm doing either. Just scan my stuff please :/

Yes! Or I get the ones who want to talk about everything and anything and I just want to leave and they are still talking. I appreciate their friendliness, but I just want to buy my stuff and go.

Yes! Or I get the ones who want to talk about everything and anything and I just want to leave and they are still talking. I appreciate their friendliness, but I just want to buy my stuff and go.
My response is usually some form of “how am I doing? Great now since I have been a part of the Tony Robins Elite Growth program. It’s only $1,500 a session and I am on number 14 and I can already see the progress! Would you like me to send you a personal referral code?”

My response is usually some form of “how am I doing? Great now since I have been a part of the Tony Robins Elite Growth program. It’s only $1,500 a session and I am on number 14 and I can already see the progress! Would you like me to send you a personal referral code?”

If I heard someone say that I seriously don't think I would be able to keep my composure, lol!

If I heard someone say that I seriously don't think I would be able to keep my composure, lol!
Basically any story that ends with a high cost and a personal referral code will end a conversation. Could be Amway, crypto fund, etc. My favorite are MLM systems because it’s just so believable. I was using Lue La Roe for a while since my wife made me watch the documentary.

Im going to have words with @mmaynard11 as we went to HIS Publix today and they would not make the chicken parm sub. Although I can't complain as the tailgater I got, is one of the best I have had to date, so he gets points back there.

Im going to have words with @mmaynard11 as we went to HIS Publix today and they would not make the chicken parm sub. Although I can't complain as the tailgater I got, is one of the best I have had to date, so he gets points back there.
Let’s start a grass roots campaign to bring it back.

Seriously was it a young guy? I’ve only had one person make it for me.

So I got a turkey sub and asked for the Chipotle mayo and then I saw a guy next to me get honey mustard and though that would taste really good together, so I asked her to add that too and it was amazing! Sweet and spicy, I highly recommend that combination of sauces. I also had a full salad put on top of the turkey and @JB was embarrassed to be next to me when I ordered haha.

I had the Italian sub Friday night for the first time in quite a while. It was amazing just like I remembered!!!

So I got a turkey sub and asked for the Chipotle mayo and then I saw a guy next to me get honey mustard and though that would taste really good together, so I asked her to add that too and it was amazing! Sweet and spicy, I highly recommend that combination of sauces. I also had a full salad put on top of the turkey and @JB was embarrassed to be next to me when I ordered haha.
Stop it!!! Your making me want to head to Publix…even as I get ready to prepare some pizzas for the Traeger.

Tender subs went on sale today, so I tried to get the chicken parm and was denied. I think I need to take another run at this with a different person, though. The girl that made my sub was probably new, and she was young, so I didn't want to press the issue an rattle her. I had to settle for a tender sub tossed in buffalo, which is still excellent.

Back