Tressel out at Ohio State!!!

Hmmm. I'm behind on my big ten news. What now?

Well, that was unexpected *sarcasm*

So who's next? I heard Rich Rodriguez is available.

I get the feeling that the NCAA is just getting started with this....no telling how many sanctions come down from this.

Good. While they will no doubt suffer in the short term I'm glad this came about. The program was starting to remind me of USC.

Good. While they will no doubt suffer in the short term I'm glad this came about. The program was starting to remind me of USC.

I agree. Makes you wonder what was happening inside the head of this great coach. Is it win at any cost? The guy is ruined for life while all he had to do is report what he knew when he found out. Sad.

hahahahahahaha! In the words of Lendale White; "Ohio State still sucks!"

tOSU is not the only program under scrutiny by the NCAA. I never take delight in others misfortune, however, I do believe that if you dance the dance you have got to pay the band. With his resignation I agree that there may be more news coming out of Ohio.

The assistants will take over for this year and next year, Urban Mayer is the head coach of the most hated program in college football. Thats bad news for the rest of the big ten.

tOSU is not the only program under scrutiny by the NCAA. I never take delight in others misfortune, however, I do believe that if you dance the dance you have got to pay the band. With his resignation I agree that there may be more news coming out of Ohio.

Just makes me wonder why in the world he would hide what he knew and when he knew it. How can a guy be that good of a coach and do that? The greed of wanting to win at any cost is high for sure.

The assistants will take over for this year and next year, Urban Mayer is the head coach of the most hated program in college football. Thats bad news for the rest of the big ten.

I think you could be right. This may be the one and only job he would return for. If it happens, history says it will be lights out for the rest of the Big Ten.

Are you saying that Urban will take the program over in 2 years? If so, I highly doubt it. By then he'll either find another school to coach or be so enamored with his announcing/analyst job that he won't be there for tOSU. I think it all depends on what the NCAA sanctions are before any HC will even consider the position.

Are you saying that Urban will take the program over in 2 years? If so, I highly doubt it. By then he'll either find another school to coach or be so enamored with his announcing/analyst job that he won't be there for tOSU. I think it all depends on what the NCAA sanctions are before any HC will even consider the position.

No I say that he takes it over after this season, he will have had a year off to recharge his batteries and play with his family, and then he will take that job, with or without sanctions.

great. My co worker is a Buckeye Alumn. I know what I'm going to be talking about for the next 10 hours. :banghead:

IMO - the ncaa regulations is an absolute joke. A TERRIBLE HYPOCRITICAL JOKE. These schools are making Millions of dollers off theses kids and as soon as a kid trys to make a little money all hell breaks loose. PS. Not a buckeye or tressel fan, but this is getting rediculous. And if people don't stand up for Tressel, who's gonna stand up for your fave coach when he accidently breaks regs by giving a kid a free ride home or a sweater cuz he's cold.

No I say that he takes it over after this season, he will have had a year off to recharge his batteries and play with his family, and then he will take that job, with or without sanctions.

Granted he's a homer and it's one of possibly 2 gigs he'll seriously consider to come back, I think he's pretty comfy where he is right now and the itch hasn't been that bad. I guess we'll see in a year and see if he'll scratch it.

great. My co worker is a Buckeye Alumn. I know what I'm going to be talking about for the next 10 hours. :banghead:

IMO - the ncaa regulations is an absolute joke. A TERRIBLE HYPOCRITICAL JOKE. These schools are making Millions of dollers off theses kids and as soon as a kid trys to make a little money all hell breaks loose. PS. Not a buckeye or tressel fan, but this is getting rediculous. And if people don't stand up for Tressel, who's gonna stand up for your fave coach when he accidently breaks regs by giving a kid a free ride home or a sweater cuz he's cold.

That is way different than what Tressel did. It is starting to look like not only did Tressel know what was happening, he tried to cover it up. His forced resignation implies even more.

No way Urban Meyer goes to OSU if they are sanctioned. He loves winning way to much to handicap himself.

Tressel had problems at Youngstown State also. I wouldn't count out Bob Stoops at tOSU in 2012.

That is way different than what Tressel did. It is starting to look like not only did Tressel know what was happening, he tried to cover it up. His forced resignation implies even more.

No way Urban Meyer goes to OSU if they are sanctioned. He loves winning way to much to handicap himself.

The cover up is always worse than the crime. Its the cover up that got him fired.

The cover up is always worse than the crime. Its the cover up that got him fired.

but why does he have to cover it up? is my problem. What those kids did selling a couple of jersey's should NOT be a breach in NCAA regulations IMO.

The bigger question in all of this, is what are OSU fans going to latch onto now? I mean for a decade it was always "The SEC are such cheaters" and that is why OSU couldnt compete. Hmmmmm. That says so much....:D

Funny and true. Lendale loves him some donuts.

I'd like to see tOSU go in a completely different direction. Employ a D first coach and run a pro style offense (since they'll have the recruiting base to do so). I'd like to see Greg Schiano from Rutgers take that gig. I want to see what he can do with an unlimited recruiting base.

but why does he have to cover it up? is my problem. What those kids did selling a couple of jersey's should NOT be a breach in NCAA regulations IMO.
It doens't matter what should or should not be a regulation. There are a bunch of dumb rules in every walk of life. Fact is, the players knew they were breaking the rules and the coach knew they were breaking the rules. Then he lied about knowing and tried to cover it up.

Back