Tressel out at Ohio State!!!

Ohio St should try to get Frank Solich from Ohio he would be a great fit , not sure if he wants to go big time again

Ohio St should try to get Frank Solich from Ohio he would be a great fit , not sure if he wants to go big time again

I don't see them going after someone's scraps, they'll try and lure someone away from a smaller or try a big splash...look out Oregon

--
tapatalk

The assistants will take over for this year and next year, Urban Mayer is the head coach of the most hated program in college football. Thats bad news for the rest of the big ten.

CB -- I thought Urban was out of college football? Where did he go when he left the Gators?

It doens't matter what should or should not be a regulation. There are a bunch of dumb rules in every walk of life. Fact is, the players knew they were breaking the rules and the coach knew they were breaking the rules. Then he lied about knowing and tried to cover it up.

That is a fact! Players and coaches are there to represent the schools under the rules that are in place. The players acted in a selfish manner, and the coach followed suit to win at any cost, in a selfish manner.

I like it! Let the record show I am not a USC fan, but somewhat of a Lendale fan since he grew up basically down the street from where I grew up...

Funny and true. Lendale loves him some donuts.

And Patron!

But I digress, this is about the fall from grace of a once renowned program and coach. They should have pulled that National Championship because they proved Clarett cheated back then too (but that's because I'm a UM fan!).

Things are about to get really ugly.
Couldnt happen to better fans. :D
I kid of course....Kind of.

I think this whole thing is hilarious, but mostly because there are a bunch of people around me that have never stepped foot on OSU campus yet bleed scarlet and whatever who are most likely sobbing the weekend away right now..

I just don't get the obsession.

Dang it. Now what Ohio football team will be winning? Guess I can become an Ohio Bobcats fan, they did ok last year. Maybe Toledo Rockets? Oh well, Tressel goes down with the ship. Admire him for not throwing his players under the bus when this first came around even if it was outside the oddish NCAA rules.

The bigger question in all of this, is what are OSU fans going to latch onto now? I mean for a decade it was always "The SEC are such cheaters" and that is why OSU couldnt compete. Hmmmmm. That says so much....:D

They are all going to become Blue Jackets fans, and the franchise will bloom into a dynasty! /pipedream

I swear every time I see this thread I think it says "Pressel" and it's about Morgan's little sister who is is college and that she got kicked out! haha

no worries we always have OSU basketball....right? It will be interesting to see how receuiting goes in the next few years, the talent is there this year to at least go 9-3

I don't know if this thread is the place for this question, but what coach would want the OSU job if the sanctions come down hard?

All I can say is this, now begins the reign and dynasty of the Iowa Hawkeyes!

All I can say is this, now begins the reign and dynasty of the Iowa Hawkeyes!

I was going to do a little FIFY but I'm just gonna say, more like the dynasty of Nebraska. As much as it pains me to say it living in Colorado.

I don't know if this thread is the place for this question, but what coach would want the OSU job if the sanctions come down hard?

Can't think of anyone.......but someone already said Rich Rodriguez. He is jobless.....

I've been a Tressel supporter from day 1 being a Buckeye fan. I've read his books and thought that they may be the best books written by or about coaches other than those of John Wooden. The Winner's Manual was something I looked back to a lot while coaching and have used bits and pieces of it in my everyday life and in the classroom.

As a Buckeye fan, I'm glad the program can now move on and begin the next chapter. However, as a Tressel fan, I'm sad that this great human being will forever go down as a liar and a cheat. He did so much for the university and community.

He made a mistake in covering this up and lying to the NCAA. I truly believe he was trying to protect his players and not himself. However, winning, may have played a role in that as well.

It will be interesting what the NCAA decides to do with OSU athletics. Those who should be punished have been punished. Pryor, Posey, Adams, Herron, and Thomas will all sit out 5 games and Tressel is no longer the face of the program. Any kind of punishment in terms of the loss of scholarships, bowl appearances, etc will only hurt those that are not at fault and should not be punished.

While I don't condone the actions of any of the players or Tressel, this type of thing goes on at every university in the country. D1 D2 D3, it doesn't matter. I had a friend that attended an SEC university from 2003-2005 before moving back to Ohio. While there he was a student assistant for the football program. He said that every prominent player on the team drove a white Land Rover. He also said that nearly every player was getting some sort of benefits for being on the team. He told a lot of stories about incoming freshman and what their possessions were at the beginning to what their possessions were just months after arrival. Cars, watches, jerseys, tattoos, and many other perks.

This is not just an issue at Ohio State, USC, or Auburn. This is a problem across the board from D1 schools to D3 schools.

All I can say is this, now begins the reign and dynasty of the Nebraska Cornhuskers!!

Fixed lol

No true love of the corn, just what I think will happen :arrogant:

I Heart OSU fans. They make me smile, chuckle, sad & laugh all at the same time. They are truly my favorite college football fans. :alien:

I Heart OSU fans. They make me smile, chuckle, sad & laugh all at the same time. They are truly my favorite college football fans. :alien:

They are a different bunch for sure, the fact that they can no longer keep bashing the SEC for blatant cheating all the time is going to take away from their repetiore but I'm sure they will find something else.

They are a different bunch for sure, the fact that they can no longer keep bashing the SEC for blatant cheating all the time is going to take away from their repetiore but I'm sure they will find something else.

When it was Cam, all we heard about is SEC cheating. Now its OSU and all we hear about is "it happens everywhere". Yet when the SEC fans (im not one) said "It happens everywhere", they were the ones being critical.

I truly love OSU fans.

Anyone talking about this who doesn't think that their favorite college program is in violation of any NCAA rules is blissfully ignorant. Does anyone else question how all of these college students afford 2k worth of tattoos on each arm? If you think that your star players don't get special treatment at local venues you are just plain dumb. It's all a matter of who is going to get caught, what assistant got fired and had access to the info and who has a problem with the program. Tressel was a hell of a coach who made the fans happy, made tons money for the school and was a great teacher for these kids. Who the hell cares what the players do with THEIR memorabilia, it is THEIR property and if they want to sell or trade it than that is fine by me.

When it was Cam, all we heard about is SEC cheating. Now its OSU and all we hear about is "it happens everywhere". Yet when the SEC fans (im not one) said "It happens everywhere", they were the ones being critical.

I truly love OSU fans.

Newton transfered schools for cash, these kids got tattos, and I doubt the tattoos were worth 180k, oh ya and nothing happened to him or his dad...

btw.. also as a Buckeye fan, I will be sick to my stomach if Pryor, Posey, Adams, Thomas, Herron, or Whiting step on the football field this year, especially if they're 5-0 when the suspension is over.

I strongly feel that Pryor's days at OSU are #'d though. July supplemental draft is my prediction.

Lastly, I don't know why there is all this general hate toward Buckeye fans. I guess I don't see what Buckeye fans do that any other fan of a different doesn't do. I understand the hatred between OSU and UM, but it seems like if you are not a Buckeye fan then you hate Buckeye fans no matter who you root for.

Back