TW Nike Free Golf shoes.

Thanks, I've basically only worn NIke shoes for the past 18 years of basketball, golf and running, and I've always been a 13 in their shoes. I don't see why these would be any smaller.

I think maybe since these are more a minimalist shoe they kind of wanted to make you feel like the shoe is more a part of your foot. Hence no extra "wiggle room". I'd call them a quarter size smaller.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

At least the Blacks. Might get the Whites as well.

I saw the white ones Buckjob has....they are really sharp.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Why oh why must I be cursed with a size 14 foot!!!!!?????

So jealous of you narrow footed folks. Since these are geared to provide a true fit I'll have to wait until they get the wide sizes in. Ill be contacting Blind 9 then. Maybe I'll just pick them up from their place in November.

I am very interested in these shoes. I have the trainer version of this shoe and I like it. I would love to try these shoes but Idk how good the waterproofing would be which is very important cause for school we golf rain or shine. Forum testing!? I think yes!

A little update after playing 45 holes in these over the weekend...

Walked 18 friday afternoon - my first round in them. I picked up my normal size 11 and they fit perfect front to back. They are/were just a bit snug width wise in the front of the foot, just before the toes. I wore socks that were just a bit higher than my normal no-show socks. Had zero problems with them slipping down my heel and didnt have any issues with the tongue. These are so stable during the swing. The combination of the champ spikes, built-in traction and free-motion of the sole keeps you firmly planted during the swing. I have a pretty aggressive driver swing, ~115mph and I felt like I was able to keep my balance better in my follow through.

Another thing I noticed about these shoes is that they're a bit lower to the ground than my lunar controls. Not enough to mess up my full swings, but enough where I stubbed a few chips around the green. Minor adjustment that I sorted out after a few holes. Anyone already using lower profile shoes probably wont have this problem.

Saturday was the real test, range session, AM 18 hole member 4 ball and PM 9 holes. I tried on a different sock with these, complete no-show, dri-fit nike socks that I normally wear while working out. Again, I had no problem with these slipping down my heel (which was a problem with these socks in my lunar controls) and even though these socks were below the tongue of the shoe, I didnt even notice it. I did notice some irritation around the last lace eyelets. The fingers (or whatever you want to call them) that connect from the bottom of the shoe into the lace eyelets started to rub. The fingers are stitched in right at the top and have a few edges that were awkward. Thinking these will soften up over time.

I mentioned that these were a bit narrow for me and my feet were a bit sore after that first round friday afternoon. I noticed similar soreness when I first laced these up saturday morning for a range session, but after about 5 swings, they were broken in. I hit a large bucket to try and cure some driver yips I had. I never slipped in these in the dewey conditions out on the range in the morning, and again, I feel as though my balance has improved through out my swing, but especially in the follow through. I'm able to hold my finish with the driver about 90% of the time now, where before it was probably only 75%, and the results are better.

Walking Saturday morning was great, we played in a slight drizzle for about 15 holes before the clouds finally broke. Again, zero problems with traction. I remember when one reporter asked tiger about using soft spikes in these and if he thought he'd go back to metal spikes. He said he didnt need them because he felt like he could grip the ground with his toes. I chuckled thinking about how ridiculous that sounded, but after wearing these for a few rounds, it really is true. I can feel myself using all my toes to keep balance, just like I'm barefoot.

I took a cart saturday afternoon as my legs were pretty tired after 36 holes and a range session. Good news though, these shoes work great in a cart for you less-than-serious golfers :alien:.

I have the white pair and they do show dirt just like any other white shoe. I did find these easier to clean after the round though since the upper is a smooth waterproof material. Nothing to collect the dirt like the saddle/flywire section of my lunar controls. A little maintenance after every round should keep these sparkling clean. Now all I have to do is save up enough for a black pair.

Hope this helps everyone on the fence about these!

Awesome report mhuelsman131, I can confirm just about everything you said and I'll even add to it. I only walked 9 this morning but I don't even feel like walked that, the shoes made walking a breeze, and It felt no different than walking in tennis shoes other than the gripping power. The course was a bit wet and I had no issues regarding traction either, they held fine on several types of lies, uphill, sidehill, downhill, and in the bunker it felt fine. I have a bunch of different shoes and after walking 9 or 18 my right knee is usually killing me, Not Today! I don't feel any pain, nor do I feel overly fatigued. I've been bitten by the technology bug and I'm not going backwards, today I'm going to go get the black pair as well. Fun shoes to wear.

I guess these are sold out everywhere? Golfsmith shows shipping at the end of August.

Just saw this commercial on TV

[video=youtube;v4wGVv-d0d8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4wGVv-d0d8[/video]

I've gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed I didn't wait for these. I picked up a pair of lunar controls in April, I love them but these sound maginficant.

Great update man, thanks for putting that together. Without a doubt these will be mine.

My GG has 2 pair left from their initial stock...size 9.5 and size 10...both in black i believe.

I guess these are sold out everywhere? Golfsmith shows shipping at the end of August.

twirling the driver? pffft....Tiger kick from now on....

Just saw this commercial on TV

[video=youtube;v4wGVv-d0d8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4wGVv-d0d8[/video]

These are the first shoes I have pondered all year, last year I pondered the Adidas ATV's some but nothing to the extent of these. These just look so comfy!

9 holes in these today out of 27 I played. These are really comfortable. The black pair will also be mine down the road. Def a good walking shoe. Best sneaker type shoe I've ever worn on the course.

9 holes in these today out of 27 I played. These are really comfortable. The black pair will also be mine down the road. Def a good walking shoe. Best sneaker type shoe I've ever worn on the course.

what other ones have you tried Buck?

Tried almost all kinds on. I never feel like I have enough support. I own 2 pair of ecco streets currently. These are just so different compared to anything else I've tried on. I always hate how they feel. I think I'm gonna twist an ankle. These just feel solid and there's nothing there really.

Tried almost all kinds on. I never feel like I have enough support. I own 2 pair of ecco streets currently. These are just so different compared to anything else I've tried on. I always hate how they feel. I think I'm gonna twist an ankle. These just feel solid and there's nothing there really.

perfect thanks! I have a pair of the ecco streets, and while I like them a lot, I know the feeling you are talking about.

stop swinging so hard dude...you launch the ball far enough as it is haha

Hows the waterproofing? Good as leather?

I thought it was fine, the course was pretty wet this morning and I had dry feet walking 9.

I thought it was good and they wipe clean pretty easy. Mud wiped right off.

My first round in these I started the round off getting this vicious Hawaiian red clay dirt all over my shoes. It started to sprinkle a bit and kind of really stuck the dirt onto the shoes.

Throughout the rain my feet stayed dry and with a little Resolve clothing stain remover (don know if I really actually even needed it) and a simple rag I got off every last remnant of dirt. The shoes looked EXACTLY the way they did when I bought them as far as being bright white. They do start to wrinkle up in the toe area fairly quickly, but that's pretty much all Nike Free's and me being picky.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

All this talk has me intrigued; I hope they hit some stores soon where I could try them on...

Back