Valero Texas Open Thread (Spoilers)

Nope. I had Matt Every. But that's about it. JB Holmes puked himself and AK WD.

nice job na on taking it as humorous everyone has a bad day

Anybody else see that Kelly Kraft got signed by Callaway? Pretty good move by them.

Looks like I joined in with everyone else today. Stellar 14 points. Holmes is out and Kuchar is in. Let's hope for a better showing the next 3 days.

Nice job by the few folks that picked Every! He was a GIR & putting machine today.

Kevin Na is a train wreck. Seriously, he is all over the place. +5 thru his first 6 holes?

I think its safe to say that's not his favorite course. +12 on par 4 9th last year.

Monster 18 pts today. Took Haas off the bench. Would have jumped to first in the Third group if I would have done that.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda.

We may see another course record today if these guys keep it up. Few notables:

Tringale is -5 through 6
Gay is -4 through 7
DiMarco is -4 through 5

16 points yesterday...yuck

Well, a bunch of low scores posted this morning including a pair of 65's from Tringale and Piercy.

Now, play has been suspended for inclement weather. Golf Channel coverage supposed to start in 30 minutes.

Well, looks like Wagner's going to miss the cut. Tringale going in...

All my guys had PM tee times today. This is gonna hurt.

All my guys had PM tee times today. This is gonna hurt.

Same here besides Tringale for me. Brutal afternoon conditions it sounds like.

Harris English just dumped all the points I'm going to get this afternoon.

Its a shame that half of the field is put at a competitive disadvantage due to the weather and the PGA forcing them to resume play.

Is it bad because being forced to play it down and plugged lies/mud balls? Have not seen any live afternoon coverage to see the cause of all the high scores.

My guys went +2,+2,+2,+4.......great day that way. A whopping 6 pts on the day.

Is it bad because being forced to play it down and plugged lies/mud balls? Have not seen any live afternoon coverage to see the cause of all the high scores.

Think it's more because of the wind. After the storm left here, the wind picked up tremendously.

On a side note, I was a volunteer caddie Wed for a pro-am and Ben Curtis was the pro. Guess I must be a good luck charm because he's at the top now!

At least the cut line shot up to +4 and all my players not named Na made it. Why did Na WD? Can he use general crappiness as an excuse without the PGA fining him?

7 of 8 guys had afternoon rounds. I got smoked. I might get 6 today and I'm shy an A player for the weekend. What were there, 5 or 6 in the A list? Choi, Holmes, Na all out, I forget who else there was.
Must have been just brutal out there, when I checked shottracker earlier in the day the scoring struck me as pretty low overall. The late rounds all look like trainwrecks.

22 points today. Lucky with Tringale shooting a great round early and 2 points from Hoffman.

Really unfortunate for the afternoon guys today. Course had to play 6 strokes tougher on average.

22 points today. Lucky with Tringale shooting a great round early and 2 points from Hoffman.

Really unfortunate for the afternoon guys today. Course had to play 6 strokes tougher on average.

That is a crazy number. I wonder what the record is for biggest turn around in a day.

That is a crazy number. I wonder what the record is for biggest turn around in a day.

Sorry about that, when I said that it was a guess by looking at the scores. Please don't take it as fact! Ha

Sorry about that, when I said that it was a guess by looking at the scores. Please don't take it as fact! Ha

haha it may have been a guess, but I would put it as a good one. Just about everyone in the afternoon was +.

Wow... just looked at the fantasy team and rocked a whole 2 points today.... Kuchar needs step it up this weekend

I don't think I've seen so many WDs thru 2 rounds. I guess those who didn't finish and far from the cut said screw it I'm outta here.

Fantasy is laughable this week. 8 pts for me today!

Back