What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played 9 holes against myself today using 2 different balls. bridgestone b330 s and a prov1
Finished 2 over with the bridgestone and 3 over with the prov.

happy with the results of both 330 slightly longer prov a touch softer in my oppinion.

Thanks...that actually helps me a bit since I played the ProV1x today and usually play the B330.

Can't wait till sat to try out these callaway tour I(s) balls, heard they are real good around the green

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

I haven't played the ProV1x's in awhile so I bought a box the other day. Recently I've been playing the TM pentas and Bridgestone e-6's. The prov1x's showed me a little extra effort out on the greens. They stopped when I needed and rolled when I wanted them to. I will say the Pentas have slightly more stopping power on the greens. I'm going to game the ProV1x for a few more rounds but so far it's like playing with a good old friend that I've kinda missed.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

E6 yesterday. 9 FWY hit! :D

I've been playing the B330 balls for a couple of weeks and they definitely helped me to hit the ball on a better lower trajectory than the Pro V's. I also found them to not get chewed up so bad when I hit them!

had 2 tm pentas in my pockets all round today and had no need to break them out
i played a pinnacle distance ball on a course i had never set foot on thinking it wouldnt last but a few holes
ended up not losing a ball and playing one of the best rounds ive had in a longggg time
distance wise it wasnt the best but that baby liked to run
it was a monster off the irons tho
didnt get scuffed at all even with my jaws wedges... sand traps... cart paths etc etc
kinda harsh off the putter but i adapted

Played the NXT tour and the 330 rx I find that the nxt tour is shorter off the tee and harder feeling. I find i like the 330 rx better.

tried the bridgetone B330S again today for 9 and decided to use my Pentas for the back 9 to compare more. still really impressed with the 330s they def roll more than the pentas do but i hit them well for the front 9 still don't think ill switch from my pentas but you never know.

another prov1 and it lasted the whole round till i got to the final hole when i decided to go for it from 220 out
it hit the berm and bounced backwards right into the water
it was a good ball but since the heat index was 120 today i think it decided to commit suicide on the home stretch

Played the Penta again last night, solid ball, felt real good chipping around the greens and the 9I and PW I was hitting off the tees

Played one tours. These seemed longer than the tour d to me and the spin...wow. You can chip right at the hole and it'll stop there.

I have been playing the Taylormade Penta's latley, really like the distance and spin you get around the greens. Full 5 iron stops within a metre, love them!

Srixon Zstar. Flight was ok but has a really soft feel off the driver and mid/long irons. Not used to that so the jury is still out.

I picked up a sleeve of Nike 20xi-S balls in the pro shop yesterday. They were a bit expensive at $13, but I had a gift card. I really love the Nike One Tours and wanted to see how these compare.

Looks: Nice bright white ball with a soft feeling cover. Big dimples mixed with medium and small dimples.

Putting: This ball felt really great off the putter. The greens were super slow and wet so it was hard to tell how they would do on fast greens.

Wedge shots: I had really great wedge results with these balls. They seemed to hop and stop quickly. I am sure that had to do with the soft and wet greens some, but I could tell a the balls had some spin on them.

Mid Irons: Beautiful ball flight for me. It was a nice rising ball flight that landed softly. They didn't seem to get much side spin on them. I even had a few of them back up a foot or two on the green. I don't really look for a lot of back spin, I like for my shots to end up close to where they land.

Low Irons: I thought the balls really preformed off of these irons. The ball seemed to hop and stop even with a 4 iron. I really loved that feature a lot.

Driver: This ball was great off the driver. It felt so smooth and I didn't have much trouble with side spin. I think I only hooked one drive all day with it. I think this was my favorite part of this ball's performance.

Overall- I thought this was a great ball. I really like the way I could stick the greens with it and have confidence behind that. I really like the Nike Tour One, but I am contemplating picking up a box of these. The price it a bit steep, but I think the performance is worth the price. I have been really impressed with the ball offerings that Nike has put up lately. I think they have really stepped it up in the past year in the golf market.

Last edited:
Vision X3 and UV X3, thoughts are in the testing thread

I picked up a sleeve of these balls in the pro shop yesterday. They were a bit expensive at $13, but I had a gift card. I really love the Nike One Tours and wanted to see how these compare.

Looks: Nice bright white ball with a soft feeling cover. Big dimples mixed with medium and small dimples.

Putting: This ball felt really great off the putter. The greens were super slow and wet so it was hard to tell how they would do on fast greens.

Wedge shots: I had really great wedge results with these balls. They seemed to hop and stop quickly. I am sure that had to do with the soft and wet greens some, but I could tell a the balls had some spin on them.

Mid Irons: Beautiful ball flight for me. It was a nice rising ball flight that landed softly. They didn't seem to get much side spin on them. I even had a few of them back up a foot or two on the green. I don't really look for a lot of back spin, I like for my shots to end up close to where they land.

Low Irons: I thought the balls really preformed off of these irons. The ball seemed to hop and stop even with a 4 iron. I really loved that feature a lot.

Driver: This ball was great off the driver. It felt so smooth and I didn't have much trouble with side spin. I think I only hooked one drive all day with it. I think this was my favorite part of this ball's performance.

Overall- I thought this was a great ball. I really like the way I could stick the greens with it and have confidence behind that. I really like the Nike Tour One, but I am contemplating picking up a box of these. The price it a bit steep, but I think the performance is worth the price. I have been really impressed with the ball offerings that Nike has put up lately. I think they have really stepped it up in the past year in the golf market.

What ball are "these"?

palyed the z-star today again as well as a prov1..

is it just me or does the z-star feel heavier then the V1? Off my driver the z-star feels like i am hitting a baseball. LONG though. Had a 326 yard drive today...

Played one tours. These seemed longer than the tour d to me and the spin...wow. You can chip right at the hole and it'll stop there.

Surprised that you find the One Tour longer. Do you think they launch higher and/or have more spin off the driver that the "D"?

Callaway diablo hx

Six holes yesterday (got rained out) and 9 tonight played a Srixon Z-Star. Hit it straight, sliced it, hit approaches, pitch-outs, chips, and putts like almost every other ball I've played this year. Give 'em to me I'll play them all day long, but not for $40 a dz (or any ball for that matter).

Yet another round with a Bridgestone B330-S. Played 27 holes (18 in the morning, 9 in the evening). Morning was dry, but it rained and the ground was soaked by my second round

During the morning 18, I LOVED this thing. Good rollout with the driver, and no real change in my sidespin. Around the greens, this ball was GREAT. It took one hop and stopped on pitches, and just sat down with my 52*. With the 56*, I could easily get it to suck back a few feet on full swing, and sit on 3/4 swings. It felt great off the putter (as usual)

During the wet round, I still got good roll considering the conditions. Out of moist rough, it was pretty appreciable spin, and still retained most spin off the soaked fairway.

New model of the ProV1 today. Really enjoyed it, but then again I was striking it pure and just sharpened my grooves yesterday. :D

Played the Wilson Staff FG Tour ball today and was very impressed. Good distance off the tee, and very good spin off the tee. It wasn't great at anything, but it was good at everything, and at 2 dozen for $38 they are a steal.

callaway warbird... cant believe it even lasted the whole front as bad as i was hitting it
lost it midway thru the back and went to the prov1 for the rest of the round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back