What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
37/39 for a 76 at Honey Creek Golf Club. Course pictures can be found in the southern Iowa thread.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

Shot 39-41-80 today at Green Valley Ranch in Denver with KC720 and milehighgolfer. Was crazy hot out and the horseflies were in full force. I had 2 birdies, 6 bogeys, and 2 doubles. Hit my irons as well as I have, playing the par 3's at -1 and hitting 10 GIR. That GIR number could and should have been higher but I had a few knuckleheaded misses from < 80yds. Had some great runs at more birdies but couldn't get anything outside of 5ft to fall. Putting stroke felt much better though, just had some misreads. Was pretty cool having Kang and I stripe back to back 320s on the #18 tee to finish the round. Nice birdie there, Kang. Fun day. Now leaving on a jet plane...
Was definitely good time. Man was it hot...

I ended the day with 43/43 86. Started the day with two up and down pars on 1 and 2. On 3 I hit the green bit 3 putted. Then again on 4 and 5. Up to there tee to green were good. Hit every fairway and hit greens on 3,4, and 5. Three three putts in a row killed the momentum and I was pretty much a hack rest of the round. Putted much better on the back but ball striking was weak. Droppes a couple 40+ footers and had a few 30 to 40 foot putts lagged to tap in distance. I certainly could have played better but had some bright spots to take forward

42 and 41 at my home course before Jr. Practice. It was so so first 9 felt pretty dreadful but then got into a little groove and started playing well.

I need to figure out a practice routine for my rounds at this place. I play for free and I need to use a couple rounds a week to force myself to hit shots that I don't normally hit. Not sure how to go about this but I need to do a little research.

76 on a nice track love playing new courses even if knowing the layout would lead to a few less strokes.

76 on a nice track love playing new courses even if knowing the layout would lead to a few less strokes.
Nice shooting still

Where was that in OC ya Jerk?? nice round buddy.

Where was that in OC ya Jerk?? nice round buddy.

Been playing a bit more plus I didn't dunk any in any water today which always helps. Driver still needs work cut it down to 45" I am torn on my experiment. I am thinking a new shaft trial is next.

Good job Buckster! :bomb:

Nice round Buck!

Solid round dude. Even for never seeing the course that's a solid round.

38/41 for 79 at Squires Golf Club, 73.3 rating, 139 slope at 6900 yards par 70.

Solid round dude. Even for never seeing the course that's a solid round.

I'll take it, irons were really good today and 2 putt the heck out of it.

94 with Guitarcats at Rush Creek. I had two doubles and two triples on the front and 8 penalty strokes throughout the round. My ball striking wasn't that bad but my accuracy was terrible. On a lot of shots I could feel myself pulling my arms n on the swing. Putting was pretty good and I had a few nice drives.

A tough course, terrible wind. But some great golf!

1:55 walking, some time pressure from home :)

image.jpg

Shot 79 yesterday from the blues. Very solid round. Greens were scruffy and could have shot better if the ball would have rolled instead of hop

Good shooting GB :bomb:

Played a course this A.M. to clear the head. Played from the bag I left at my mom's with old equipment in it. On the first tee my driver head snapped off. I have a feeling, because it's happened before, the damn adapter wasn't tight. and a big swing just sheared it right off. So, now driverless and with a three wood I haven't swung in years, and a putter I've never used at all, off I go. Basically played with 11 clubs.

Shot an 88, 32 putts (1.67 per GIR), only one fwy so lots of scrambling. Missed an ace by about 3ft. Got totally jacked by someone's ball coming from the parallel fairway. Had fun.

Shot 84, my best round of the season. Played with a couple other THPers. Weather and company was spectacular.
Hit 10/14 fairways and the misses were just off although I caught a couple fairway bunkers. 6 GIR and 31 putts.

Shot 84, my best round of the season. Played with a couple other THPers. Weather and company was spectacular.
Hit 10/14 fairways and the misses were just off although I caught a couple fairway bunkers. 6 GIR and 31 putts.
Nice buddy! Who did you play with?

Nice buddy! Who did you play with?

I played with Allan and a friend of mine, Ben, who I just got to join THP. He's pretty psyched about it and is excited about getting into some events.

Shot 41/43 for an 84 today. Putting needs work

Went out this morning. On the front I managed to top three balls on the tee box. Had a 6 footer on 9 to keep the front nine under 40. Never even smelled the cup. On hole 10 (par 5) pin high in a bunker in two. Bladed sand shot and then TC Chen'd the next chip. Had a lot of looks at birdie from under 10'. Nothing rolled in though. 40-41 +9

43/40-83. I don't think I've ever burned so many edges with the putter in my life. It got to the point where I just started laughing when a ball lipped out or ran over the edge. Unfortunately I wasn't hitting the ball great so a lot of the putts were for par and they weren't dropping.

Somewhat rain soaked 39 - 39 - 78. 8 fairways, 8 greens, 29 putts. Only 1 birdie (GW on a par 3 playing short today to 4 feet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back