What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 77 today with 45 on front and 3 under 32 on the back. 4 birdies and 1 bogey after the turn. Talk about a turnaround. I guess I need beer to play this game. Lol

Shot 77 today with 45 on front and 3 under 32 on the back. 4 birdies and 1 bogey after the turn. Talk about a turnaround. I guess I need beer to play this game. Lol

Awesome back 9 buddy! :clapp:

38 - 37 - 75. Ball striking was not good at all but most of my misses left me with easy chips to salvage pars. 2 birdies, 5 bogeys. Only had 4 birdie putts inside 20 feet and made 2 and burned the edge on the other two. 3 for 3 on sand saves. Short game was key to my scoring today.

I played a pretty stellar even par round. It went as such:

2/2 fwys
2/2 girs
4 putts
For a grand total of 9.

In all seriousness I was playing great and I hate when I check the radar and there is nothing, get into the round and it starts pouring.

42/37 for an 79. Double bogeys killed me today or the score could have been lower. Had 3 of them in the round but had 2 birdies on the back to cap a decent back nine.

44 for 9 at my course. I have purposely stayed away from lessons for the last few weeks because I wanted to digest all the info I was getting and have been feeling good about my swing the last couple weeks. I could have gone lower today, but I noticed I've become way too cocky with my wedges. By that I mean I had a few shots where I was 50-60 yards out and instead of smartly running it up to the green, I kept opening up the face or coming in real steep to flop it at the pin. It definitely backfired a couple times and I lost from strokes because of it. Time to get back to basics; just get it on the green and putt it out!

A pretty cruddy 94. Just not a lot of good shots. Worked in getting the grip more in my fingers, which eventually worked out really well, but I spent a lot of the day chasing duck hooks.

I walked 36 today and shot an 81 (Whites) and an 83 (Blues).

My driver right down to my PW was on point today...but you think I could chip or pitch worth a damn? Nope...figures.

81 (40/41) - 2 birdies, the best being a 6-iron from 155 yds. to 2" from the pin, the other was a 25' putt. Back was still sore, but no excuses, and hit the ball good. Great foursome, great weather and a couple of great cigars.

Gross 85. Couldn't get off the tee. Everything else was pretty solid.

Shot 72 and pretty happy with it. The driver is really working well right now. Only missed 2 fairways today and both were still in good position.

Shot 86 on a course I'd never played before. 6250 yards and 117 slope. 42/44.

Shot 72 and pretty happy with it. The driver is really working well right now. Only missed 2 fairways today and both were still in good position.

Pretty happy with it?!?!

That's cause to be stupidly overly ecstatic in my book!

Time for an update;

It was another TURBULATORLICIOUS day with my new G30 Driver
12 of 12 Fairways

Also my new I25 irons were giving me some love today as well,
11 of 13 greens in regulation that I used an I25 Iron to hit into.
15 of 18 total greens in regulation.
one 3 putt.

38/38 for a 76

Played 9, and posted a 36 on a par 35. The swing just felt right. 14 putts, with a couple more birdies just sliding by.

Played 9, 38 par 36, 17 putts and 1 birdie.

Shot 37-42 for a 79 today. Short game was terrible with 4 3 putts and made 4 bogeys from missing green from middle of fairway inside 120 yards.

Ever have one of those days where if you don't laugh you will cry? That was me today. Started on the first tee where I hit the bottom edge of the driver and it just worm burnered down the fairway, and never got any better from then on. I managed to post my worst round of the year by 2 shots, an 88. I was so happy to see the 18 green. Lucky I had some good mates to share it with and they all played crap as well. We still had a few laughs though. Ill be back next week to hopefully play MUCH better.

Tee'd off at 6:30, done at 8:55, sitting in my family room by 9:10. 40/41 for an 81 - drove the ball better then stats indicate, only 4 FIR's but all misses were just into the first cut. Big issue today was GIR - only 9 - pretty much locked in the +9 round as the up and down game was just average today.

37/41-78. A few bad holes prevented a really low round, but I'm happy to be in the 70's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42-41 83 solid outing and a lot of fun. 3 re tees :( whamp...whammmp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty happy with it?!?!

That's cause to be stupidly overly ecstatic in my book!

I did forget to mention that it was a par 70 course, but yea, I am still pretty happy...ok...real happy.

I really am ecstatic about how the driver is working right now.
The wife took a lesson a couple of weeks ago and I took a tip from what she was supposed to work on.
That tip has me striking the driver extremely well and the irons are starting to follow.

Sometimes it's hard to get the emotional inflection in my posts.

73 today at Southern Dunes. Put my #1wide back in play and made 5 birdies. The course just held the superintendents tournament so greens were slick willy

73 today at Southern Dunes. Put my #1wide back in play and made 5 birdies. The course just held the superintendents tournament so greens were slick willy

I love that course. Nice shooting, that's not an easy track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back