What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out in 38 this afternoon and thought THIS IS THE DAY!!!

Came home in 45! ARRRRRRGH!

For a 16 HDCP, 45 ain't THAT bad is it? And 83 is great!

Shot an 88 today. Both nines started rocky with a triple on 1 and 10. Shot a 47 on the front and tripled 10...but then played the last eight holes in only +2 for a 41 back nine (with three penalties). Hit 8 greens in reg today which is nearly double my norm, so that was good.

First time sub-90 this year so not a bad day.

78 today, without putts dropping. Went for it foolishly on 17 when I knew not to and got the ball wet which lead to a double..

I can't be mad about breaking 80 though. It feels great.

Good scores all.. Looks like some handicaps are going to start dropping

Tap tap taparoo

Played 9 before work. And I shot pretty well. I had par, par, birdie, bogey, bogey, par, bogey, par, double for a 41. Par was 37. I felt really good about shooting a +4. I have to say that was my best start of the year for the first 3 holes. Now to continue it is what's next... LOL

Went back to get my revenge on this course today. Started with a par and got 3 more before the turn. ended up at 42. I was ready for the back this time and had a couple more pars, and a blow-up hole :angry: and went 44. So a decent 86 and my sanity back.
It was sure hot though. Yuck.

Nice come back T0AD, 8 strokes better always feels good.

Nice come back T0AD, 8 strokes better always feels good.

Thanks. Going to the base in a bit to see if I can continue the trend! :golf:

Played a friendly 9 hole match last night against my friend who is a scratch golfer. He played from the black tees (furthest back) and I played from the blue tees (2nd furthest back). I was even through 5 and was still down 1. Bogeyed 6, lost the hole, bogeyed 7, tied the hole. So I was 2 over through 7 and was dormie 2. This lead me to hit a shot I wouldn't have normally hit on hole 8 and ended up pulling it OB. So I lost but was playing good. I wasnt mad I lost, he is a hell of a golfer and I was almost keeping up. Even from the tees behind me he was still outdriving me. I was playing with the VR Pro Combos that I am testing and hit them well. More about that in that thread. We are playing again this afternoon so we'll see how it goes.

Had one of those weird rounds yesterday. I was 8 over on three holes and 4 over on the other 15. Had a string of 8 straight pars and made 2 triples and 1 double. I pride myself in not making big numbers but yesterday was not one of those days. I hit my second shot into a greenside bunker on #5 and it was lodged under the lip. I tried to muscle it out but it hit the lip went straight up and when it came down hit me in the chest then fell back into the bunker. Went on to make one of the triples. The other triple was on the first hole after I hit a great drive right down the middle I basically sh##ked my second shot into bunker 25 yards from the green. Then proceeded to pick it clean and hit it over the green, chipped back to 15 feet and three jacked it. Kind of set the tone for the day. Still ended up with an 84 which could have been far worse.

LOW ROUND OF THE YEAR (SO FAR!)

Saturday Jul 2 0820 tee time 75 degrees warming to 92 - hot and humid!
Pine View / Island View

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 3
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 3
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 4 5
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 4

Pine 34 Lake 37 - 71

A week ago in this thread I goaded a secret from TC on how he was playing well - and he said it was playing for the centers of the greens. So, I decided my approach this week would be to do just that, because except for occasional holes I generally shoot at pins or at least pin quadrants.

It started inauspiciously enough, as I drove it well right and hit a tree at the first tee - I was 185 uphill but fairly open to the pin, so I decided to take my 3H, choke down some and smooth it toward green center - and pulled it off beautifully, onto the front center of the green and a par. Then at #2 after a great drive, I had 145 to a cornered back right pin. I chose the 9I and aimed at the greens' center - and put it right there maybe 22-24 feet away - and drained it! On the par 5 3rd, I put it 10 yards off the front of the green in two and pitched to 20 inches for another birdie. I aimed at green center on the par 3 4th but blocked it off the right side, but again pitched to within a foot. A big drive down the middle on 5 put me 142 away from the back left pin - I aimed my 9I at the middle and drew it slightly toward the flag, and wound up 6 feet away for yet another birdie. Smokin' at -3! The par 3 7th had a front right pin on the downslope at 139 yds - I chose my 135-hitting PW and aimed at the center and went there, spinning back to the fringe but leaving an easy uphill 2-putt. My drive slid a bit right on me at the par 5 7th and a tree slapped it down, so I had to layup to the 100 marker (my ball was leaning on it!) and wedge on to 20 feet and easy par. Then trouble - I pulled my next drive into the edge of the woods, and could do nothing but gouge it out to about 75 yards, and from there did not wedge close enough to save the hole from bogey. A bit hot, I smashed one off the 9th tee that just cleared the left-center fairway bunker but sat right there leaving an awkward stance. The pin was right but I went safely to the middle and made easy par for -2 34.

At #10 I faced 140 uphill to a back right pin, but took the 9I at the middle and put it there for another easy par. Then I made sloppy iron shots at the next two holes and put both in greenside bunkers for bogeys. I righted ship with a big drive and with the pin back left, I again aimed at green center from 152 with 8I - I hit it well but pulled it slightly, but ended up pin high one inch off the green maybe 18 feet away and made easy par. At 14 I killed a drive up the right side, but must have gotten a horrid kick because we found it in the pines 25 yards right of the line it was flying. Only 90 out, I punched a 6I thru a nice hole - it went right past the pin but on to the back fringe. Putting from about 80 feet, I put it within inches for easy par. On the island green 15th, 160 to FINALLY a center pin, I of course blocked my 8I slightly 30 feet right but on - easy par. Par 5 #16 was an adventure - I skied my tee shot - first time in MANY years I put a sky mark on my driver (luckily it wiped off w/o a trace), then I skied my 3H, leaving me 175 out. I flushed a 6I right over the back pin into the rear bunker, but made a nifty sand save for a sweet par. At par 3 #17 playing 162, I hit a flushed 8 iron dead at the front center pin - the breeze off the lake pushed it 20 feet right, but once again easy par. The par 5 #18 I played in textbook Zach Johnson style, hitting 4I, 3H, LW from 65 yds to 6 feet and birdie. +1 37 is always a nice score on the island 9!

THANK YOU TC!!!!!!

Last edited:
That is some nice shooting SS, WTG.

Shot 96 at Parklands best round yet out of about 18 rounds since taking golf back up after 20 years!

cda0aa36.jpg

played sam nice round, i managed to hit a 46 over 9 again today 11 over only 1 par rest were bogeys or worse lol. not bad after 6-8 rounds seems im getting consistent

One of those days...Struggle from the gitgo today. 41 43 85. Not even the birdie on 18 made it feel any better. But I will go back tomorrow and go at it again.

Shot a 84. 42 on both nines. Left 3 putts for par and birdies 1 inch short. For 3 inches I would have shot a 81.........

80, had back to back doubles on 2 & 3. I've been working on not letting a bad shot get in my head. This past Monday I was cruising until a SW shot on the 15th flew the green and OB. That one shot led to a +8 on the last four holes and an 85. The fact I held it together after the 3rd today is progress.

It started off bad today. Double, triple, bogey but stayed strong and finished 78.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I envy you guys that can shoot and hit the center of the greens. I am a 13 handicapper so I don't expect to be a sharpshooter :D.... Hell if I hit the green at all I am thrilled and to be honest, if i hit it on the side I am really trying to aim at, it throws my game off. I shot an 83 today which is right in my wheel house for this time of the year. 80 - 85 is pretty much my average round for summer golf.

One of my senior friends who is a 6 handicapper, challenged me to a quarter a hole bet for nine more holes after we all finished 18 today. Did he beat me? Yep. Did he give me any strokes? Nope. Am I going to whup his arse tomorrow? Yep :thumb: He won four skins which is a buck but I am going to go after him like a flea hugging a dog tomorrow :deadhorse:. I am going to get my dollar back :golf2:

I shot a 92 today. Terrible with my irons. I have my first lesson tomorrow and I know what I will be working on!

Tap tap taparoo

My score card says 96 but my friends says I shot 98 so lets a 97. On a course that is rated 128/69.8 and my usual course is rated 110/60ish. I'm proud to say I didn't lose my ball at all.

46-46 for a 92 today. Played fairly steady for one of my lowest rounds of the season. Played later in the morning than usual and I think I like the more casual players than the early morning ones who seem more "intense". I think I might start playing later now..

Man I envy you guys that can shoot and hit the center of the greens. I am a 13 handicapper so I don't expect to be a sharpshooter :D.... Hell if I hit the green at all I am thrilled and to be honest, if i hit it on the side I am really trying to aim at, it throws my game off. I shot an 83 today which is right in my wheel house for this time of the year. 80 - 85 is pretty much my average round for summer golf.

One of my senior friends who is a 6 handicapper, challenged me to a quarter a hole bet for nine more holes after we all finished 18 today. Did he beat me? Yep. Did he give me any strokes? Nope. Am I going to whup his arse tomorrow? Yep :thumb: He won four skins which is a buck but I am going to go after him like a flea hugging a dog tomorrow :deadhorse:. I am going to get my dollar back :golf2:

That's about a week's allowance isn't it? :D Seriously, I know you will kick some serious tail tomorrow, GATA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back