What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my lowest scores ever for 9 holes, everything seemed to click......... for once. And my FIL just got a new Skycaddie that I fell in love with. Seriously gotta get one of those things.

miscwert234003-3.jpg

one of my lowest scores ever for 9 holes, everything seemed to click......... for once. And my FIL just got a new Skycaddie that I fell in love with. Seriously gotta get one of those things.

miscwert234003-3.jpg

Great 9! Gotta agree with ya that Skycaddies are awesome!

I shot 71. Despite two bogeys on the back that should never have happened (chunked a chip on 10 and hit my drive on 15 into a hazard), it was a great round. My one missed green on the front was an approach that rolled off onto the fringe. I decided not to do men's league tonight, which was a huge mistake. Here's the scorecard (via my awesome GolfShot app):

9.21 Round.png

That's an impressive score Dan!

well done man :)

Thanks!

i played a round last sunday which was the highland league finals day at kenmore.i started off well and was -2 through 6 but as usual fell apart and ended up +6 at the end.sadly the comp was non counting so i won't get cut as the ss would of definately went up 3 :(

I tried not to think about falling apart, which is what also usually happens to me with good rounds. Instead I just focused all my attention on each shot and I didn't have to try hard to stay relaxed. It was amazing. Golf was just easy yesterday. No doubt it will be the same every time now, right?

last night i played 9 holes at my home club after not playing since sunday and i played relatively ok,i played 2 balls and was +2 for 9 with both of them.i have 5 more competitive rounds before the golf season ends so i need to shoot a good low score,i haven't done this yet this year and i know i'm capable of it.

I haven't scored well in the men's league rounds I've played in. Inconsistency seems to strike during competitive rounds. We have until 2 Oct for the regular men's league, but we have a winter one also. I'm thinking about sticking around for that just to stay in practice, and next year I'll hit the amateur tournaments hard.

miscwert234003-3.jpg

Hey, that's a great score! If I hadn't missed a three foot birdie putt on the second hole I would be joining you there.

Keep it up!

Guy's golf trip last week with 5 rounds in 3 days up close to Asheville, NC. Friday - 43/42 for an 85 at Sequoyah National with a birdie on 18, followed by a 44/42 for an 86 at Maggie Valley Club (ugly round since I had 3 birdies but a couple of triples - ran out of gas). Saturday - 44/39 for an 83 at Mount Mitchell, followed by a 40/39 for a 79 at Marion Lake Club. Sunday - totally out-of-gas 45/40 for an 85 back at the Marion Lake Club. Great time, but to go along with 90 holes we spent a LOT of time driving on this trip, too (and I did all the driving).

only played 9 today and shot a 45. i warmed up on the range and really felt like i was going to play good. I just couldn't get it all working together on the course. I need more GIR's.

I very disappointing 83. I was -1 through 11. Then I completely lost it.

We had our section tournament (not sectionals, like the division championships) today. Par 72 course, I shot 82. Out of 54 total players there, I placed 10th overall, and was one of the medalists. A friend of mine placed 4th. Our team overall didn't do so well, but the two of us did good. After this and an encouraging 39 yesterday (+2) I am ready for the the 3 toughest teams in our league next week.

I shot 78 today, on a course I've never played before. Conditions were soggy, and my shots didn't carry well due to a persistant "fog like" shroud hanhging over the course. I played with a couple of young guys that were local and they helped me with yardages, lots of holes with the natural wildlife junk right up to the edge of areas dessigned for layups or go for broke. If I had played single, I would have been lost without the yardage help. Time to look at range finders maybe?

40 on the front of my home course - got caught in a super rain storm for the first 5 holes. Drove well, didn't adjust putting to the wet greens well.

Shot an 84 today
a6cd8857-ff47-7830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44-44 for 88. Sucks on the front I was +2 thru 4 then went back to back doubles. I'll be back tomorrow to redeem myself

tapatalk addict....

I shot a nasty 79 yesterday. Was -1 through 3.

I love playing at a course that you can course-manage the crap out of.

Shot a 39 in league play. My game is starting to improve, Thanks THP

I shot 39 on the front and 43 on the back for an 82 today. I shot 84 Wednesday so I got to get the scores back down again. I struck the ball pretty well but had a couple of doubles that were brainless...... Oh I did beat Mrs. Fanny Broadhips today overall and took her lunch money so all in all it was a good day. Mrs. Broadhips will turn 93 this weekend so I gave her a Birthday fanny whupping LOL.......

Congrats on your victory OldGray, Mrs broadhips can sure hit when she fires her hips through the ball.

I myself shot a 84 that easily could've been my first round under 80. Left at least 4 putts right on the edge and made several bad chips. I also hit one drive OB. Things are coming around though and I feel good about my game in general just need to eliminate the mental slips that blow up my scores.

Congrats on your victory OldGray, Mrs broadhips can sure hit when she fires her hips through the ball.

I myself shot a 84 that easily could've been my first round under 80. Left at least 4 putts right on the edge and made several bad chips. I also hit one drive OB. Things are coming around though and I feel good about my game in general just need to eliminate the mental slips that blow up my scores.

Good round buddy and it won't be long and you will be in the 70's!

86 today. 31 putts but not real good iron or wedge play around the green. Could have been worse!

Tappin' from my iPad!

44/42 for a 86. First round under 90 in almost a month after getting to the point where I was breaking 90 more often than not. The difference? I stopped trying to slow my tempo down, and just gave it my natural swing. After driving, chipping and putting pretty well, but striking my irons like crap for most of the front, on the 8th hole I decided to jsut fire away from 150 out, and pulled it just a bit put made great contact. From there on out I was back to my old swing, and was making great contact. I hit 10 fairways, which is my best ever. I'm looking forward to getting out and playing again, I'm starting to get my goove back.

Shot 4 over in a tournament, best ball. Problem was it was only 2 of us on our team. My playing partner had just started playing since his stroke a year ago and he had the effort but the poor guy just couldnt hit the ball. It also rained all day, thankfully I had just bought a dryjoy rain suit.

80 -.- (42-38) Was a really really bad round (had a nice triple bogey on the 8th and only 1 GIR)

Oh and I look like a lobster right now.

80 -.- (42-38) Was a really really bad round (had a nice triple bogey on the 8th and only 1 GIR)

Oh and I look like a lobster right now.

80 is great, IMO. Last time I played that course I shot a 95.

43(+7)/36(0)=79

Front 9: 7 Bogey's, 2 Pars
Back 9: 2 Bogeys, 5 Pars, 2 Birdies

12/14 FIR
6 GIR - ONE first 9, 5 second 9
31 Putts - Missed one 4 footer and had one damn 3-Jack

Played my local "Dog Track" again for a quick 18 after work, after the last round being my best (75) I hoped it would carry over but instead I got a train wreck. Started with 5 straight bogeys and 7 total on the front...but...I kept damage control on and hit some BIG bogey putts (one from 23) to prevent any true blow up doubles. Then, on the back it started to click, though I did have one 3-Jack there that went from birdie putt to bogey...pisses me off still to this moment.

I can't describe how good it feels to be playing like this, Its been a long time coming, but, I know there will be a train wreck day coming sometime...there always is in this game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back