What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
62.....in a scramble hahha

Shot a 75 on an executive course. Blah

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Shot +4 40/ +4 40 for an 8 over 80 yesterday at my home course. I can't say it was a great ball striking day overall, but the short game was solid and 30 putts helped even though I hit a few more greens than a usual 30 putt round for me.

Tap,Tap,Tap

87 with 36 putts.....terrible putting on the front with a count of two zero...yes, 20 on the front.

Tappin' from my iPad!

91 @ Highview GC in Powassan, with my buddy, Pete. 97 for him. He liked his new driver I got for him. Struck some massive shots and my driver did not too bad also.

Played Grand Cypress South/East.
Another round and another 80. That is like 4 out of my last 6 rounds with the same score. 42 on the front and 38 on the back. All scrambling. Only hit 4 fairways as I was trying out a different shaft and accessory. The driver just never felt comfortable and while I was not missing horribly bad, I was not hitting the short grass.

104 (54/50) with 35 putts (14/21)

Had a very frustrating round today. 2 main themes of my round today. Theme 1 was 'if there's a tree just off the fairway my ball will roll up behind it.' A lot of my tee shots were smoked off the tee and if they didn't end up in the fairway the ended up just off it...behind a tree. I was constantly having to punch out for my second shot on nearly every hole. Theme 2 was 'if I'm 100 yds or less from the pin I'll make sure it takes me 4-5 shots to finish the hole.' I was cosmically bad with my wedges today and there was nothing I could do about it. I would do a great job in getting to a number of 90-115 only to hit a weak approach shot short and to the right of the hole. Then it would take me about 2-3 chips just to get it on to the green. I figure between all the punch shots and poor wedge shots I had today, I lost about 15-20 shots out there. It was like I had never used a wedge before. Although I had 35 putts today, I couldn't miss with the flat stick and had a career best 9 hole round of 14 putts. Back nine was a different story as I had three 3 jacks which really shows how bad my round was going since I rarely 3 putt. Hopefully tomorrow's round will go better

96. another excruciatingly slow round (close to 6hrs.). Stuck behind a "tournament" for the second time in as many weeks. Arg!

38-36 74. Very happy with the way I played. Had a few more birdies that almost dropped. Can't complain though

Saturday Sep 24 0800 tee time shotgun start 70 degrees warming to 86
Pine View / Island View

2 par 4 3
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 5
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 4 3
9 par 4 5

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 4

Pine 39 Island 39 - 78

All I can say is that I have to spend some time on the range this week. For the second week in a row my irons were awful. Decent off the tee, I only hit 7 greens and scramble fairly well to hold it to 78, including a chip-in at the first hole I played. On the last hole I went to my old faithful "SOLE MAN" swing thought and finally hit a semi-solid iron approach. I will try to build on that at the range.

104 (54/50) with 35 putts (14/21)

Had a very frustrating round today. 2 main themes of my round today. Theme 1 was 'if there's a tree just off the fairway my ball will roll up behind it.' A lot of my tee shots were smoked off the tee and if they didn't end up in the fairway the ended up just off it...behind a tree. I was constantly having to punch out for my second shot on nearly every hole. Theme 2 was 'if I'm 100 yds or less from the pin I'll make sure it takes me 4-5 shots to finish the hole.' I was cosmically bad with my wedges today and there was nothing I could do about it. I would do a great job in getting to a number of 90-115 only to hit a weak approach shot short and to the right of the hole. Then it would take me about 2-3 chips just to get it on to the green. I figure between all the punch shots and poor wedge shots I had today, I lost about 15-20 shots out there. It was like I had never used a wedge before. Although I had 35 putts today, I couldn't miss with the flat stick and had a career best 9 hole round of 14 putts. Back nine was a different story as I had three 3 jacks which really shows how bad my round was going since I rarely 3 putt. Hopefully tomorrow's round will go better

Wow, sounds like an average day for me....we must have the same game.:beat-up:

Some days I can find trouble that no one else knew about....

I played nine holes today. I ended up shooting -2 with my newly calibrated irons. I lipped out 2 other birdies putts which bounced on me after hitting something....oh well. I hit a 153 yard approach on a Par 5 to 5' and then a 170 yard 7 iron approach to 3'. Loving the adjustments and tempo/rythym.

Alex

Very nice shooting Alex!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Played a nice round with Idrops today, but shot a disappointing 90. My driver was again great, best its ever been, but my short game is just in shambles. I was great with my driver, pretty solid with my irons (although thanks to it being a shorter course, really didn't hit many long irons), but from 100 and in it was just ugly. I had holes where I would go be within 100 with in the drive, then have 3 shots from within 100, it was pitiful. Part of the problem is I just changed wedges, and I kept coming up short oh chips just because I'm now chipping with a 54 instead of 52, and didn't have my distances dialed in on full swings with my wedges. My front was awful with a 49, the back was a very respectable 41. If my driver keeps working for me like it is, I will see some decent scores in the near future. I have gone from adding 4 or more strokes on drives to not adding one all day off my drives (added one off an iron on a par 5), and only adding 1 in my last two rounds.

I hit the ball very well today. Played nine with friends and shot 38. Played nine with kellybo and shot another 38. Both rounds on the front nine. 76 for total 18 . I am totally satisfied with my ball striking heading into the Georgia Get Together!

I hit the ball very well today. Played nine with friends and shot 38. Played nine with kellybo and shot another 38. Both rounds on the front nine. 76 for total 18 . I am totally satisfied with my ball striking heading into the Georgia Get Together!

Did you beat Gerty and Beatrice thought cause they sent me a telegraph and told me they were striping the ball today.

Shot another 77 today. My putting was on with great lag putts and 3 birdies with one double bogey. No lost balls and just tons of GIRs maybe 13? 14? But my scrambling was fantastic as well. Just overall very good round.

Did you beat Gerty and Beatrice thought cause they sent me a telegraph and told me they were striping the ball today.

yea yea yea..... I just would love to be striking the ball 60 percent as well as I am right now for the outing....

yea yea yea..... I just would love to be striking the ball 60 percent as well as I am right now for the outing....

If you don't, Gray, then just tell everyone your going through a swing change!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

If you don't, Gray, then just tell everyone your going through a swing change!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

No more swing changes for me Colt! I love my swing and my ball striking just like it is right now....

Good shooting buddy, I know you will be leading us to a solid win at the outing. I am looking forward to meeting coltharris on Saturday and teeing it up. Thanks for the invite

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Good shooting buddy, I know you will be leading us to a solid win at the outing. I am looking forward to meeting coltharris on Saturday and teeing it up. Thanks for the invite

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Thanks Dawg and I hope you and the wife are having a GRAND old time in Hawaii!!!!! I did not realize that ColtHarris was coming to Blarsville?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back