What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
golf drills to work on my back swing.... and practice putting indoors.

picked up my 20* g25 fairway, and hit over 200 balls at the range.

Been researching my first SeeMore putter. Trying to find one to buy.

THPing, shipped out a golf bag and iron shafts to a couple THPers, and trash talked the #ZooCrew.

THP....Twitter about #Grandaddy and Bolle glasses.....checked on the weather for golf 140 miles away for this weekend.

Put a new grip on the Nike VR Tour driver I bought last week from a fellow THPer. Ready to hit the course this weekend.

Ground the flange off my new wedge and added a couple strips of lead tape to it today. Nothing but flop shots coming up!
IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Played 18, had a good round (not score wise, it was a bit off but just an enjoyable one with some really nice shots), THP'd, payed my monthly bill at my club (ouch), and searched for shag balls across the road from my house so I can hit them again when I'm bored hahaha.

Started the day at the gym for an hour, then spent time on THP then watched some TGC golf instruction on DVR. Back to THP now.

hit a few buckets ..working on fixing my comming over the top move ive always have had ...now drawing the ball !

Had a lesson today from GolfTec....details coming soon!

Went to the range and hit too many range rocks. Even though it was one of the worst days striking the ball, it was fun. Twenty Seven degrees in a heated open range felt like 27 degrees in a heated range. Still able to hit with only two layers and no jacket.

My OTT was creaping back so bad today that I sent one of my alignment rods 15 yards into the range. The guy next to me was laughing about as hard as I was...OK...MORE. Good times.

I got a fitting, left my irons to get them lengthened and lies adjusted and am in full lust mode for the new driver and fwd I was fitted for.

Closest thing I did to anything golf related, was taking pics of clubs I'm trying to sell. It snowed about a foot here in Chicago suburbs so it made it hard to do anything today.

Dan

I went to the range and hit into a 15mph with 26mph gusting wind. Was planning on working on a few troubling shots with the TM Stage 2 fairway 3W, and I did, but spent most of my time hitting through my entire bag. Yet they were not my clubs. Cookie let me borrow his J40s for a, getting the feel for, couple days. So I have them on the range to enjoy and see if I like the feel. I start my warm up with the PW. Hitting the most beautiful flighted PW I have ever hit. I ended up hitting the entire first bucket with that pitching wedge. Time to start on the second bucket, which I already had, and finally moved on to the 9i. Same exact results. Beautiful high pin seeking shots. Shot after shot. I went throught the entire J40 collection in my bag. I was hitting nice high fades, beautiful high draws, and low penetrating stingers, one right after the other, until I had hit all the J40s. Finished off the second bucket.
Finally, on the third bucket, I get to the Stage 2. Worked the shots that I was originally going to work on today, but I only made it halfway through the bucket and had to finish it off with the J40s again. I could not believe how easy it is to hit quality shots with these.
When I got home, I told my wife that I now know for a fact that new irons were a must, I had just proven that my clubs were OLD technology and that I may actually know how to hit a golf ball. With my current set, it is questionable some times as to wether I have actually ever swung a club before, only occasionally. I am confinced that the J40s or teh JPX825 pros will be in the bag by the end of this month.
Here are some pic s of the clubs after todays practice session.
20130305_161617_zps7c09a4a2.jpg

Only thing left in the bag in this pic is the putter and the 58*.
20130305_162630_zps226b81c1.jpg

These babies need a bath after that range session.
20130305_201628_zps4edc6c92.jpg

20130305_201917_zps603e30ba.jpg

All bathed and dried.
20130305_203631_zpsf35f44f2.jpg

And put awaay in their beds.
20130305_203924_zps1e6838d0.jpg

I hope they look good enough cookie. They are getting better treatment than mine.

I ran a JV golf meet and then played a few holes after they were done.

Haha, great stuff afwcardinal! So glad they are helping to solidify your decision, much better than simulator crap.

On another note, I have never seen them that dirty!! LOL

I have to travel down to New York City today for work hopefully on my way home I can stop at PGA superstore New Jersey

Haha, great stuff afwcardinal! So glad they are helping to solidify your decision, much better than simulator crap.

On another note, I have never seen them that dirty!! LOL

They are really watering the practice tee. It was very soft out there. But these sure we're fun to hit. Thanks fit the chance.

afw doing WORK on those J40's, loved the before and after pics, sounds like you have found a winner!

Tons of internet surfing, and called Taylormade about the RBZ Stage 2 fairway. The guy told me after discussing the product, that he'll see what he can do in terms of getting me a discount or even free. Fingers crossed, because that was my favorite 3 wood at the demo day at my local range.

As soon as the frost breaks and a bit more sun comes out, I'm heading to play 18 again. Just gotta pick a course.

Waiting for the last bit of snow to melt off today. So I spent the morning in my shop reshafting my 588 RTX's with DG Spinners. They should make these feel and perform remarkable. Hopefully I can get them gripped in the morning and shoot them tomorrow.

Went to the heated range and hit a large bucket. I had someone explain gripping the club in detail and I was messing around with it. I normally have a 10 finger grip that he said based off the "v" in my left hand was weak. In other words it pointed to the middle of my chest instead of my right arm pit if that makes sense. So I focused on turning my left hand in and intertwining my pinky and or fingers. I had been practicing it with gripping a putter but first time swing a club. I had winter gloves on so it felt weird at first. But I was seeing really nice results sort of a 2 yard fade instead of a 10 yard fade. I only had my driver, 5 wood, 7 iron and pw with me. Ll was good except driver was a little shakey. However I was able to tee it up like I like it so that messed with me. Like every 3rd shot with driver was a real heavy draw almost a hook or a push right. All in all in felt good to swing the club. As well as try a "stronger" grip which I was liking. Once I don't have winter gloves on I bet it will feel more comfy.

Played 27 holes and hit 2 buckets . Man I'm tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back