THP Event Random Memories Thread

2014 MC on the range, Kevin and I standing next to JB watching guys hit balls and check out their new gear. "Word on the street" was that we might have uninvited guests show up, so Kevin was on patrol!

Random guy starts walking to the range and in classic Kevin fashion he says a few choice words and starts towards the guy. JB steps in "No Kevin he's good. He's the pro here at True Blue"

All I could do was laugh and imagine the pro at TB getting roughed up by Kevin.

2012 Demo day at GRAND Cypress. Im playing a round with Wareagle and two other thprs. War and I are about 100 yards in front of the other twosome and Danny (other twosome) proceeds to top his 5 wood right into Wars calf. I heard the smack and saw the bruise for weeks. I don't recall hear 'fore' called out.

I was present for that. I remember also being on the 17th and watching the group infront of us take their times over 3 foot putts. Meanwhile we were all trying to get play in and race to dinner that night. Danny hit some epic top shots.

2014 King playung with Harry, Finely and Hashtag. I skank my driver and shank a 7 iron from the rough. I then hear Harry tell Finely he just has to green it and hw wins the hole. I proceed to dunk my next shot for birdie and the route was on.
Chad lost the title but we built some great memories that weekend.

Love Is In The Air 2014 - I can't remember whose wife it was....I want to say Erky's maybe? We were on a par 3 and whomever it was, was trying to give advice to his wife on how to hit the putt. It was like a 40 footer. She steps up and says "Stop. Don't worry about it, I've got this". Takes a swing and sent that gold sparkling ball to the bottom of the cup. It was awesome!

2014 THP Invitational Louisanna.
Ward hitting on the range and tops 3 balls in a row and then when he sees people watching says "Working on my stinger".
I just had people in the office nearby ask if I was OK. :laughing:

I was present for that. I remember also being on the 17th and watching the group infront of us take their times over 3 foot putts. Meanwhile we were all trying to get play in and race to dinner that night. Danny hit some epic top shots.
I thought that was you as I typed that. Great weekend!

Anyone else look at that picture and think how much some of us (guys only) have aged in just over two years?

That was my first event so all I see is how many people I know now that I didn't realize we're at that event.

And how much better I understand some of the inside jokes that went on that day, haha

This is what happens when you tell jokes on the range while people are hitting drivers. (Cc: Howzat 2014 Morgan cup)

a0c56a9396eec9e901c34b833c7ce2ed.jpg

Thus is what happens when you're DevRickus' partner at an invitational (cc:Jman at the indy invitational)

584e0d065c9b63575d74c4ac7fac9305.jpg

Haha, it is tough to play good gold when you are having that much fun. I love this thread. So many great times and cool people I have met thanks to THP. The best part is there is always another event around the corner.

hahaha T2GRN18 was on a MISSION at last years Morgan Cup. Sprawled out on the ground on #6 at True Blue snapping photos...

I said "Kevin what in the world are you doing?" to which he responded "I don't half-*** anything bro, I'm getting this **** done."

What a freaking boss.

2014 King playung with Harry, Finely and Hashtag. I skank my driver and shank a 7 iron from the rough. I then hear Harry tell Finely he just has to green it and hw wins the hole. I proceed to dunk my next shot for birdie and the route was on.
That was such a great moment. We thought the golf gods were on our side at that point.

THP Invitational in Connecticut

JB comes up to our group on the 9th. Ray and I are already out of the inviational running at this point. JB decides he and I should do an up and in contest from about 50 yards. He goes first and hits one to about 10-12 feet. I chunk mine and it gets to the front of the green about 35 feet away. Meanwhile taking all the trash talk after that shot, I stepped up and drained the putt. #Winner

Anyone else look at that picture and think how much some of us (guys only) have aged in just over two years?

That is a great picture, Lpts of good peoples in that one .

THP Invitational in CT

We see a person undoing their bag at the 8th hole. Ask what is going on. Response "we dont have a shot, so I am leaving". I ask MikeDean (his partner) what to do and he says he has no clue what just happened. I offer to fill in and play the back 9 and have a blast doing it.

Love Is In The Air 2014 - I can't remember whose wife it was....I want to say Erky's maybe? We were on a par 3 and whomever it was, was trying to give advice to his wife on how to hit the putt. It was like a 40 footer. She steps up and says "Stop. Don't worry about it, I've got this". Takes a swing and sent that gold sparkling ball to the bottom of the cup. It was awesome!

Reminds me, deuce is looking at laying up instead of going for the green over the water and his wife says go for it. So he gives in and proceeds to hit into the water.

2014 MC, singles round.

My cart mate was uhh... Not doing well. 7 down thru 11. He hits his drive left, the punches his shot into the trees right. He thinks he can hit a punch shot through the trees and up near or on the green. Hits it heavy, and goes for the same shot again.

It bounces off a tree in front of him, back towards him. It misses him, hits the road that runs adjacent the hole, and into the back of a pickup truck going the other way.

2014 Morgan Cup and we had.......

55c96f9fe9fe933e150c4fce0551885a.jpg

2015 King -

1. Talking about different shots and I ask Kang about half wedge shots and his reply is "I don't do half shots on anything. Full bore on everything". He was DEAD serious. It was awesome.

2. Seeing Nebgolfer get news that he's going to be a dad again shortly after he wins the MVP for #TheKing, punching his way into the #Grandaddy. Truly a fantastic moment.

This was one of the greatest things I have ever seen. We sure kept that contest close...IIRC there were 360 points available and team Chad lost by a whole 5 or 6. Greatest golfing weekend of my life to date!

Yeah Brett's wife was all over him that day. I remember he hit a shot and she's like "Oh come on, that's it?!" It was an entertaining round for sure!

Reminds me, deuce is looking at laying up instead of going for the green over the water and his wife says go for it. So he gives in and proceeds to hit into the water.

2015 Pittsburgh Invitational

It was only about 90 degrees in Pete/Deans room, not sure why? There was only about 60 people in that room for several hours, still shocked no complaints were made about the noise.

2014 THP Bridgestone Championship

Playing Sunday with the Dean Duo. That is probably all that needs to be said but I will add that one of the memebers of this duo kept muttering that this was the worst best ball round ever played and that he needed a real A player. In the end though, there was cause for celebration as the final score stayed south of triple digits.

At the same event, I will probably never foget the deflated and astonished look on O'Carroll's face when he opened up his cooler to get another Yuengling only to find that only ice remained. I made sure Pete had plenty of free Yuengling at the gethering a few months later that hopefully helped ease the pain.

2015 Pittsburgh Invitational

It was only about 90 degrees in Pete/Deans room, not sure why? There was only about 60 people in that room for several hours, still shocked no complaints were made about the noise.

it was much cooler when we ordered pizza at 3AM

2014 THP Bridgestone Championship

Playing Sunday with the Dean Duo. That is probably all that needs to be said but I will add that one of the memebers of this duo kept muttering that this was the worst best ball round ever played and that he needed a real A player. In the end though, there was cause for celebration as the final score stayed south of triple digits.

At the same event, I will probably never foget the deflated and astonished look on O'Carroll's face when he opened up his cooler to get another Yuengling only to find that only ice remained. I made sure Pete had plenty of free Yuengling at the gethering a few months later that hopefully helped ease the pain.

I agree. My A Player partner failed to show up.

2012 THP Bridgestone Championship PGA National

Watching deandec propose to his now wife nerfny on the green at a THP Event...

2014 Indy Invitational
-Dave and Busters
-Hearing the morning drills at the military camp while on the range at The Fort
-Angry Orchard
-GregDan and his mistress waitress

2014 #PersonalDistance
-While the last couple fittings were being done, the group was given a tour of the entire Innovation Center. Mike Dean is the last to get fitted and the group is walking by the simulator/fitting area and I say to Hawk "sounds like Mike is pounding the ball". He looks at me and says with a very straight face "well he's not" hahaha

2015 LIITA
-Mike Yagley's love for the mini cream cone desert
-TO to me as were standing on the 18 tee at Waldorf Astoria: "You would think that after a career of building these damn things (drivers) that I would figure out how to hit one".
-celebrating my birthday at the Hibachi restaurant almost 3 months after my birthday

2015 Cure
-when thpers found the waitress from the pizza place on tinder later that night

So many more that I'm sure I'm missing that'll pop up later

Back