Taken out of context

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I have been a member of this forum for a couple of years now and have made many friends. Sometimes we say things that are meant one way and then taken totally different by our coharts. Has that ever happened to you? I have seen friends on the internet (not just THP), go to to war over minor issues which in my opinion, were no big deal. Maybe a bit too much drama? Sometimes I think so and hopefully good friends will stay good friends. Maybe we can learn from the book titled, "Don't sweat the small stuff"... Now you can tell the ol man to shut up and mind his own business. I just love all of you and hope we can all be good friends when the dust settles. I like the way JB says it. Let's agree to disagree but in the end, it's all about fun. That's about all I got to say.

Last edited:
Amen to that! I don't get too tied up to any sort of drama on the site, a lot of times if I see some tension building in a particular thread I just slide out the back door and move my happy butt down the way. I do think at the end of the day we're all here for the same reason, we love golf and we love THP!

I personally have done this very recently. In my thread on "local rules" I took Fourputt's comments out of porportion, and responded in unwarranted anger, without really considering what I was saying. For some reason this thread made me think about that. Sorry, if you read this, man. My teenage brain is a little... hot tempered.

Amen to that! I don't get too tied up to any sort of drama on the site, a lot of times if I see some tension building in a particular thread I just slide out the back door and move my happy butt down the way. I do think at the end of the day we're all here for the same reason, we love golf and we love THP!

Exactly the way I feel P4B.

Well said good sir!

Said while having tongue firmly planted in cheek: I would just like to say you know how awesome winning a THP contest is when a guy so chill he could bring on a ice age at will, almost had a heart attack.

Well said Gray! I try not to let people's words get into my skin!

Ole Gray, I know that if people let differences fester that is not a good thing. We should always be willing to try to reconcile our problems with others before a friend becomes an enemy. I like your reference to "Don't sweat the small stuff" because I adopted the philosophy that if something is not important 5 years from now, it really ain't too important right now.

Shut up and mind your own business, old man.

Well, he said we could tell him.

Kevin

Grey, you always have the knack to say the right thing. Kudos to you for not saying the same old song and dance.

Gray,
I think all your love confused you. I believe you mean Context. :beauty:

Only threads that usually seem to get heated are the sports ones. :rotfl:

Great comment Yoda! I think it was very timely and needed. We all have certain buttons that can get pushed from time to time and it only human take things personally every now and then. As someone said a few posts ago, we are all here for the same reason and that is to share information and have fun. I do believe that the open bantering can sometimes go too far, but in the end we all still love one another. Heck, my THP family is no different from my real family; We Love, We Bicker, We Make Up, We Love again.

Peace

SMG

Only threads that usually seem to get heated are the sports ones. :rotfl:

I'll take 45% of the responsibility for that :)

Why did I know that was coming ? :D

Shut up and mind your own business, old man.

Well, he said we could tell him.

Kevin

Gray,
I think all your love confused you. I believe you mean Context. :beauty:

hmmmm can you FIFY?

I'll take 45% of the responsibility for that :)

Bridges is the other 55%! LOL

*not a shot at bridges, I just know he is in the sports threads a lot*

"If you always think like me and agree with me, one of us is not needed"

We're not friends anymore CC!!! I do not like you taking shots at me Lol

What if I say I love the Longhorns and the Rangers?

Well said Ole Gray, why can't we all just get along?

Back