Pro V1 Price Increase

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I was in Edwin Watts today noticed Titlest had increased the Pro V's to $47.99 per dozen. Not sure why but this caused me to pause because this brings a dzn balls at the $50 price point. I was curious if that would be a holy grail price for golf balls for anyone.

TapAhoy!

I think Titleist can pretty much charge what they want for the Prov1's. Many people who play them are very loyal, and play them because they are the "#1 ball on tour".

I don't play them, they can charge whatever they want for them! I don't pay anywhere near that much for the balls I use. And won't.

I don't pay for ProVs but this does have me worried because the ball manufacturers that i do buy may look at the ProV price as a barometer for the price of their golf balls. "if ProVs cost X, than we can charge Y for our balls". That is usually the way of it.

Interesting I never buy retail or from a store anymore I try for ebay or even just wait awhile

This I do not like. Hopefully Srixon doesn't follow suit. I am off the ProV1 train, but am interested in trying the new TM Penta when that drops.

ouch, glad I don't play them. There's some great balls that are a lot cheaper than that thankfully. I'm just going to have to find one I like enough,

Geez, that's a hefty price. I've never played them consistently so I've never even bought a dozen of them. Definitely won't be anytime soon either.

Bought two dozen Top Flite Gamer's for $24 bucks. Thank god for cheaper golf balls.

Heck, I could find two rounds of golf for a dozen ProV's.

Steel Tappin'

That's why you go with Pro V1 "PRACTICE" balls!

And I think Edwin Watts is driving up the price. RD is still moving them out the door at $43.99.

Last edited:
And I think Edwin Watts is driving up the price. RD is still moving them out the door at $43.99.

EW uses MAP pricing across the board. The price has gone up around here at just about every golf store, which leads me to believe that a price increase is coming from the company.

My guy at EW did say that Titlest had increased prices across the board on all equipment.

TapAhoy!

Pro V1's have been around that price for a while now up here. I stay away for them because of that.

Pro V1's have been around that price for a while now up here. I stay away for them because of that.

I agree. I will not pay that much for a golf ball so the Pro V will not be in my bag this year.

$50 dozen is just insane IMO. Now your talking $4 plus per ball.

Glad other premium ball makers are still available under $40.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I don't pay for ProVs but this does have me worried because the ball manufacturers that i do buy may look at the ProV price as a barometer for the price of their golf balls. "if ProVs cost X, than we can charge Y for our balls". That is usually the way of it.

I read through this thread with interest because I feel exactly as Dr.T does, I don't play ProV1's but I am concerned as to what this price increase may have on my perferred golf ball. I imagine the ProV1 users will do as I do, Bridgestones are occasionally on sale during the year and that is when I stock up, RX's can be pretty expensive too.

Damn, plus tax here in Md would push it up to $50...

ProVs are still the preferred high end ball. I would imagine other companies would try to keep their prices lower just to offer people a cheaper alternative.

I thought that was the price before the holiday sale when they dropped to 43. For some reason I thought I had seen prov1s a couple years ago at a course for 54. They are always at least $12 a sleeve at any course I've played. I don't play the prov1 anymore, but I still think that's what other companies strive for even if it's not the best ball anymore. It's still the pro v people compare premium balls to

I thought that was the price before the holiday sale when they dropped to 43. For some reason I thought I had seen prov1s a couple years ago at a course for 54. They are always at least $12 a sleeve at any course I've played. I don't play the prov1 anymore, but I still think that's what other companies strive for even if it's not the best ball anymore. It's still the pro v people compare premium balls to

Green grass shops many times sell at MSRP which for Pro V1s has gone to $58 a box. MAP has been $44 or so the last few years and appears to have gone to $48.

Green grass shops many times sell at MSRP which for Pro V1s has gone to $58 a box. MAP has been $44 or so the last few years and appears to have gone to $48.

I cant see how this a good move from a market stand point. With so many balls catching and passing the prov1 in the performance department, raising the price would seem to cut into their sales.

doubt a 2 buck increase will run away pro v users

People will still buy them. I remember thinking people wouldn't spend 399 on a driver.

This is the one thing that drives me away from Titleist. They are always driving their prices up. $250 for a fairway wood? Now $50 for golf balls. That's a little ridiculous! Titleist is seperating themselves from other manufactures by making
themselves the golf company for the "1 percenters"

Back