Universal GPS Mount Review - Bracketron

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those who like that kind of thing, looks like it would work awesome. Personally, I don't see the point of mointing your GPS. It restricts you too much. Can't comfortably hold it in your hand to use the features on it and can't position it exactly where you want it to get the yardage.

I had one of these for my pushcart. It worked AWESOME for holding my Android (w/ GPS app). Then it got left in the backseat under a towel and my kid sat on it one day and broke it. :(

For $30 this is a solid investment, if I wasnt planning on walking so much this year, this would be a must buy for me. Sounds like it does everything that is expected and will fit a variety of GPS and smartphones out there which is a huge selling point.

I like the look of this one much better than the one I've been looking at with a screw type clamp. The price is right with this one. Great job Ryan!

Thanks for the great review Captain Hawk ! I need to get one of those for my uPro.

Nice review here Ryan! If I still used a GPS I would be all over this. Really like the fact that it can be used both on the push cart and the riding cart. $30 is a solid price for the multiple uses you get with this!

I put my phone in it last time out and used GolfLogix. Worked well with the touch screen too. You're able to pivot it so that it lies mostly flat for entering scores. Like I said, something I've looked for recently and just never was certain it would work, so I was hesitant to buy it. Found out that it's got a very wide range of applications.

Great thoughts Ryan, it seems that the Brackerton mount is truly as universal as they claim. I have thought about purchasing one several times but was somewhat skeptical as to how good it might fit my phone, looks like I need to go ahead and get one.

Great review, Hawk! I use my phone for my GPS during my round, and I was quite happy to see that it would fit in there! Thanks for the solid review!

Great review, Hawk! I use my phone for my GPS during my round, and I was quite happy to see that it would fit in there! Thanks for the solid review!

I think it would even fit your Zach Morris phone.

I think it would even fit your Zach Morris phone.
Haha, I'm back on the S3 right now.

Ironically, one of my biggest gripes about my Note was that it didnt fit in the cup holder in the cart.

I've actually almost doused my phone in the cupholder a few times.

Looks like a good device that won't break the bank. When I need to replace my GPS mount this will be a good choice.

For those who like that kind of thing, looks like it would work awesome. Personally, I don't see the point of mointing your GPS. It restricts you too much. Can't comfortably hold it in your hand to use the features on it and can't position it exactly where you want it to get the yardage.

Especially for people in riding carts, it makes sense to mount it. Drive up to the ball, look at the GPS and go grab a club. Unless you're one of the good players who have to know to the yard how far you are, in which case you probably would do better with a laser than a GPS. How often do you really need to know anything other than the distance? Of course all mine does is distrance, and to scroll through any screens, I push one of two buttons to go up or down.

One question I do have is how easy is it to remove it from the mount during a round? A lot of times (especially if I am going somewhere where riding carts aren't allowed, or if I don't need it and someone wants dropped off, my GPS gets removed from the mount a few times during the round.

Smalls, I reworded the review a bit to include that information and make it less confusing.

You actually squeeze the arms down to tighten them on the unit and the button on the lower right releases them. It's pretty easy to get out.

Thank you Hawk. That's a big thing for me!

I will be looking at purchasing one of these when I get home tonight. Great review Ryan. I have been wanting something like this for some time and it looks like this may be the product for me.

I actually have one of these except for a push cart. Where it connects is the only difference. It is a solid piece of equipment and real handy. Puts the GPS in the exact place you want it on the handle. Then angles easily. I didn't have mine slid in all the way at first. Hit it with my arm and it fell and hit the cart path. Of course it's not meant for that so it cracked. I emailed the company and they sent me a replacement. They have great customer service. Even fixed a problem do to operator error not defect. That's awesome. Plus, I've had a year of trouble free use out of the one I have had. Well worth the money if used properly! :banghead:

Thanks for the review Ryan! I am going to have to get me one of these for my cart, as I have been looking for one for quite some time and was skeptical about how well they worked.

Nice review of a useful device.

I picked one up last year and used it all summer. The mount works great no matter which base version you get. It is simple to operate and never let go of what was put in it.

Back