What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 38/38=76 from the white tees then decided to play 18 more from the senior tees shot 39/42=81. I think I was getting a little tired as I play the last three holes three over. Trying to get in shape for 5 straight days of golf at Myrtle Beach in 3 weeks. Ole Gray, you were on to something when Jonesco was your home course. You may as well play the senior tees there as there is very little difference in distance on most holes.

Awesome round, DD.

Shot a 80 (40/40) at Yucaipa Golf Couse dispite being in a cart with a guy that bitched about every damn thing, he hit from the back tees, and cussed worse than a sailor. Oh and the round took 5+ hours. Good times…...
I'm a retired Sailor....

Very nice, DD! Are you gaming the Yonex yet?

Thanks Josh, not full time. I wrote about it in the contest thread, I did not receive a tool with it and the launch was a little low for me. The Callaway tool is a touch too large but a friend at the course has a new R1 and the TMaG tool fit it perfectly. I upped the loft and look forward to giving it a better run next time out. Early on I like the feel and sound a lot so we will see how it works out.

Our charity scramble team shot a 59 gross/50.9 net today to take first place (and a set of RocketBladez for each of us!).

It was the best scramble group I've ever been in - everything was just clicking. We had a middle-schooler, who was allowed to play from the front tees, and he could drive it 200+ and down the middle every time. Us old guys were driving it pretty well, too, so he was never under any pressure and could just swing away. We picked a different order for drives, approaches, and putts and stuck with 'em. Our anchor putter (the kid) only had to putt 3 or 4 times, including a clutch 10+ footer par save. Everyone seemed to save their best shots for when the other 3 guys were off. We also had our share of luck, with 5 birdies coming from off the green (2 chip-ins & 3 putts from the fringe).

The pro gave me the stink-eye when he saw the card, but he knows we're all honest guys. He joked that we might need to hide when the other teams came in :)

Definitely the most fun I've had at one of these events in a long time!

46/48 for a 94. I left a lot of strokes out there, especially on the par 3's. Short irons were the difference; when I hit them well, the score reflected that and vice versa. Shot of the round was holing out from 50 yards with my lob wedge for a birdie.

Played the perfect warm up round today for my tournament this weekend. Went out with the goal of fairways and greens, and ended up with 9/14 fairways and 15/18 GIR and only made one bogey on my way to a -3 69. My game plan was to give myself a shot at the green with a well placed tee shot and then hit the fattest part of the green. The only greens I did miss were 2 longer par 4's where I caught approaches from the rough a little heavy and came up just short of the green leavin easy up and downs in those cases. The only bad miss I had was on our 11th hole, a 215yd par 3, where I double crossed my approach and left myself a tough pitch over a bunker to a tight pin about 4yds from the fringe. I actually played it smart and made sure the ball got on the green even though it wasn't the greatest look at par, I didn't try the hero shot and leave it short in the bunker bringing 5 into play. Overall I couldn't be happier with my effort and look forward to hopefully keeping my head out of my arse in my tourney this weekend.

Struggled a little with the driver today today.

46/43 = 89

7/13 Fairways
6 GIR
31 Putts
3 Penalty strokes
2 bunkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Struggled a little with the driver today today.

46/43 = 89

7/13 Fairways
6 GIR
31 Putts
3 Penalty strokes
2 bunkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your putting stroke ready to do damage my friend......

Nothing incredible tonight. I believe I finished at 38 with one birdie and three bogeys, but I had a few big time par saves after missing greens.

SeeMore m2 working overtime.

Played the perfect warm up round today for my tournament this weekend. Went out with the goal of fairways and greens, and ended up with 9/14 fairways and 15/18 GIR and only made one bogey on my way to a -3 69. My game plan was to give myself a shot at the green with a well placed tee shot and then hit the fattest part of the green. The only greens I did miss were 2 longer par 4's where I caught approaches from the rough a little heavy and came up just short of the green leavin easy up and downs in those cases. The only bad miss I had was on our 11th hole, a 215yd par 3, where I double crossed my approach and left myself a tough pitch over a bunker to a tight pin about 4yds from the fringe. I actually played it smart and made sure the ball got on the green even though it wasn't the greatest look at par, I didn't try the hero shot and leave it short in the bunker bringing 5 into play. Overall I couldn't be happier with my effort and look forward to hopefully keeping my head out of my arse in my tourney this weekend.

Great round. Excellent way to warm up for your tourney, and it can be a fun game when you keep it simple - fairways and greens...

Nothing incredible tonight. I believe I finished at 38 with one birdie and three bogeys, but I had a few big time par saves after missing greens.

SeeMore m2 working overtime.

Par saves can be so good...

Played 36 today....18 at Circling Raven - took a miserable 10 on the 17th hole to finish with 84.
Then played 18 at Meadowood and shot 4 over - 76.

I shot 77 on my second round today, but had a night out straight after so scorecard not available yet :D good night folks.

I love my FIR percentage!! :D

6vad.png

78 +6 (41/37)

Nothing spectacular today, just steady golf. Had some head scratchers on the front that put me in bad positions but just stayed positive and focused on the next shot.

ZooCrew better watch out.

78 +6 (41/37)

Nothing spectacular today, just steady golf. Had some head scratchers on the front that put me in bad positions but just stayed positive and focused on the next shot.

ZooCrew better watch out.

Great round man

Shot a ho-hum 81 at The Frog this morning. As expected, the swing changes with my wrist set did not translate really well on the course. There is a comfort level that has to be there, and I'm just not there yet. Putting was also off. I had a lot of good reads that did not have the speed (greens were surprisingly slow), but I also has several putts that just did not take the brake that I saw. Lots of burned edges.

Lots of things to work on, but progress is there.

Shot a 76, played solo, walked the whole thing.
I always play better when nobody is around to distract me lol

Visiting the Sacramento area and headed out to a nice little course called Whitney Oaks. Course is rated at 71.7/130 and we had the second tee time at 6:05am. The early start was required because the high is expected at 107° today. Had a great round and was able to minimize the potential danger out on this course. Had two birdies, including a rangy chip in. Drove the ball well and only missed two fairways. Ended up with a 39/41=80 and was very happy with the result. Would have liked to not bogey the last two but considering some of the breaks and the lucky chip in, all worked itself out.

Strong turnaround, Dan.

44/40 = 84
8/14 FW
8/18 GIR
38 putts

Tough time getting off the tee on a few holes that left me punching out. 2 penalty strokes off the tee.

5 doubles, no birdies. Lots of pars. Three 3 jacks......tough time reading both break and speed today.

Hyrons hit some great recovery shots. With how bad I felt I played, scoring was not terrible. 2 doubles on the backside 40 as well.

Strong turnaround, Dan.

Thanks buddy, and crazy enough, it should have been better. Two wedge shanks on the back (and a few on the front), a three putt, and a lipped bird from 4 feet on the final hole.

I'm not complaining about sub 80, but man, this rollercoaster is nauseating.

Thought the world was caving in after 9 but managed to combat some awful shots with some great ones..

42-36. +6.

Great back....what the frank happened on front?

62913MirrorLakeScorecard_zps035f99a8.jpg

League match today. I played incredible and tied my personal best. My opponent played worse than normal so the match was a total runaway. I won 15 holes, lost 0 and tied 3.
I'm so confident with the X-Hot Pro irons right now its just unbelievable. 72% GIR is just outstanding for me, have only done that a few times in my life. Have played the last 54 holes with the same ball, did have to rescue it from a hazard today though on its 39th hole. Started on the 10th hole today.

Shot a ho-hum 81 at The Frog this morning. As expected, the swing changes with my wrist set did not translate really well on the course. There is a comfort level that has to be there, and I'm just not there yet. Putting was also off. I had a lot of good reads that did not have the speed (greens were surprisingly slow), but I also has several putts that just did not take the brake that I saw. Lots of burned edges.

Lots of things to work on, but progress is there.

Greens over there felt slow to me on Thursday as well. Course is in great shape though. I'm sure you'll get that new wrist hinge burned into muscle memory soon. 81 is not bad considering your adding new swing thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back