2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

man thats some funny stuff, cant wait to see some footage!

Even after a good night's sleep in my own bed I am still exhausted from such an incredible trip! I think the day after a person returns from the outing should be considered a holiday and everyone should be allowed to just veg on the couch.

I want to start by thanking all the amazing THP members who made this outing nothing short of incredible! I had such a wonderful time meeting everyone and getting a chance to spend some time chatting with everyone. I wish I had even more time to get to know you all better because it was such a blast to hang out with you! I wish that I could put into words how grateful I am for the over the top amazing gift you all presented me with at the dinner. I cannot wait to start baking in my new apron with my new baking items. I promise at the next outing I will have cookies for everyone!! I was able to use my spa gift card on Saturday to have the best massage ever. It was so good I fell asleep and I never do that when getting a massage. Plus I had incredible company to hang out with at the pool later. I had a blast spending some time with the girls just lounging by the pool. I always enjoy a little girl time!

I sincerely had the best time of my life and I cannot wait for the 2012 outing to be here! From the bottom of my heart thank you all for making this a trip I will never forget!!!

man thats some funny stuff, cant wait to see some footage!

I don't know if that video is ever going to ready for public consumption. If it does it will have to be a silent video because the entire time Hawk is trying to down his Baco Bits, a certain significant other is in his face taunting him saying "you better f@&$in do this!" Mean while Hawk is just dry heaving. It was sooo funny! I am just laughing thinking about it. One of the funniest moments of the whole trip!

She sure has a mouth on her. I made sure to be extra noisy getting ready at 6:00am on Sunday hehe.

Want to say thanks to Josh and Moran for putting on a great event.The first night we went to Josh's home and met the Calloway clan.We brought a 18 pack which lasted about 20 minutes.
The whole weekend was nothing but awesome. everyone i played golf with were great people.the golf was great the I bar was fun, with some very interesting conversations.
Ole Grey does Kellybo believe you did not smash your driver into the ground.that shot should be the best trick shot of the weekend,half of your driver is 5 yards behind you half in your hands and the ball 235 in the middle of the fairway
Thanks to everyone it was fun

2011 THP Outing Recap

2011 THP Outing Recap

2011 THP Outing Recap

I can’t believe it’s here and gone already. I know I am going to forget many people and many things in this post, so don’t offended if I have. I’m sure more will come back to me as I continue to look back on it.

THURSDAY
Arrived at PGA National around 4:30 on Thursday. Once I walked in it felt like I never left. I ran in to 9-iron and Adamsgirl as soon as I walked back out from throwing my bags in the room. It was great to see some familiar faces early in the trip. They introduced me to Carsten who came in from Denmark. That is awesome, someone from across the pond came to a THP Outing! That just goes to show you how amazing THP is. After Nerfny and I left the pool we got showered up and met JB, TC, White Rhino, One-T, Yoccos, Coolbreeze(he’s tall), and many others just outside the ibar. Just chatting it up with new and old friends Nerfny made the comment that it was like we all just hung out all of the time. Granted I talk to all of you everyday which is much more than I talk to my friends up here.

Dinner was good Thursday Night down at the Bear Trap. Wider did not mess up any of my orders for the week which was nice. However Yoccos ordered a side dish of Ranch that he is still waiting for. It was pretty much a low key night since a lot of people had traveled in that day and we knew demo day was going to be a long day.

FRIDAY - DEMO DAY
I dressed as Hunter Mahan, though TC told me I was a mix between Lee Westwood and Sean Foley. Rbelbin won the Dress Like a Pro Contest, but TrueTemper stole the show when he walked up to the range dressed as Gary McCord. People who dressed like a pro looked real good. There were some creative ideas out there.

You want equipment? Oh My did we have it! It was like there was a golf superstore just dumped out on the range. I tried to make it a point to hit something from every single company but I’m not sure I accomplished that goal. Us Callaway Staffers secured 3 or 4 hitting areas around each other early in the day so we could get to work on testing clubs. That was a lot of fun. Later in the day I ended up hitting drivers between Biggsy and Beblin. It just wasn’t fair! JB and Hawk were working the launch monitor and as if you didn’t already know, JB knows his stuff. He was great to talk to about golf shafts and what numbers we should be looking for. He was extremely committed to helping people find their perfect setup that I think he may have hit 5 balls all day. He even skipped lunch and stayed out on the range(which he would later admit was the worst idea he had all weekend). The contests were awesome. During the wedge contest I tried to hit a massive flop shot that I fired about 40 yards over the green. The putting contest was much harder than last year. I watched half of the putters from above the hole and the 2nd half from down near the cup. From down near the cup it looked like a completely different putt. There were some great attempts, Spanks came within ½ ball from rolling it in. The driver contest gave people an opportunity to hit balls out at TC and JB and nobody took advantage of it :act-up: Yoccos walked away with a new driver after he hit the staff bag that was about 65 yards out.

Friday Night Dinner
BBQ was a fantastic choice! I thought the food was great last year, but this year was that much better. I thought the room was set up a little nicer too. The prize wheel was in full effect and we saw some excitement and some agony. The dinner comes right out of JB and GolferGal’s pockets so I want to thank them very much for throwing that together. It can’t possibly be cheap, but it offers a great venue for everyone to get out of golf cloths and relax.

Sat Am Golf
Teed off on the Squire with 3 captains, Captain TC, Captain Biggsy, and Capt Golf. It was a great group. We shared the first tee with JB, Hanks, Hawk, and Puttin4Bird. I want to thank Hawk for his first drive because that released some tension and nerves that I had prior to teeing off. My first drive split the fairway and we were off. I shared a cart with Biggsy. He was great to talk to. We talked about course strategy, equipment, where we throw away shots, and how to read greens. The Squire course was awesome. I really liked the layout of it and I thought the course conditions were great. I showed off some great workability with a nice shot on a par 3 that TC thought was going in the hole, and then 3 holes late I hit a big draw that may have killed a fish. He was impressed.

Sat PM Golf
Paired with Degoins, Hanks, and Puttin4Bird’s dad Denny. We were the last group out so we finished in the dark. Hanks back flared up and that derailed his round early. After spending time with Denny, I can see were Jake gets his personality from. Denny was great guy to share a cart with and an even better playing partner. I hope he can make future outings. Degoins swing makes my back ache. He creates such a big turn it amazes me. He hit some great clutch shots for us, include a huge bomb off of the number 10 tee when nobody was in the fairway. After he had to cancel his 2010 outing trip just weeks before, I was glad he got to make this one. As was with all of my pairings this weekend, I would play with this group again in a heartbeat.

Sat Night Dinner
Back down to the Bear Trap for food. Mega Grilled Cheese with Mushrooms, YES!!! It was kind of a laid back night, at least for me. My friend @Marcawesome had some different experiences. This time he made sure to get his side of Ranch. Later he and I were sitting on the balcony and we ran in to our magician friend. Once again he he threw some tricks out there that left us stunned. After a long day of golf in that heat, I called it an early night around 11:30. I didn’t hear of anyone riding the elevators which is good. However seeing OneT on Sunday morning showed me that perhaps it was a good idea for me to call it an early night.

Sunday Golf - Champions Course
Played with Nerfny, Flashy, and Rbelbin. That man can hit the ball a mile. I think he was hitting it further than Biggsy and more times than not it was straight. Just like last year I struggled out of the gate going +7 on the first 3 holes. I walked to the 9th tee with a 44 thinking I needed to avoid a 6 to break 50. My tee shot went right in to the left trees. I thought I had an opening for a heroic shot but before I swung I said “This is stupid, even I can’t convince myself to hit this.” So I went back and changed clubs to an 8iron so I could punch out and give myself about 90 yards to the green. Well I thought I was aimed perfectly so I played the ball back in my stance and swung. Pured the ball right off a tree that sent it flying back at me. I tried to jump out of the way and took one off the knee. That thing hurt like crazy. Luckily it just missed my knee cap or else that could have been bad. After that I decided I needed to try that crazy shot so I took out a 6 iron and set up for a massive hook. The ball ended up in the collection area to the right of the green that I got up and down from to save bogey and a 49. My other highlight was 15 from tips. I hit a 5 iron to about 15 feet though where the cup was that left a tough 2 putt. My first putt raced by around 8 feet and I made that for par. It was a fun day, I shot 41 on the back and had my only 3 putt of the week on 16 of the champions course.

After the round we showered up, checked out and ate lunch at the ibar while everyone finished. It was sad saying goodbye to everyone. Luckily I will see some in August.

JB and GolferGal. THANK YOU very much for everything this weekend. You guys do too much for us. I told JB last night I’m already saving for the 2012 outing. I will post some awards later as now it’s time I catch up on work.

Ok...I am a little more coherent now, so here is my recap. Chunkylover...I mean Yorkems Friend...and I left around 8pm and got there around 6am and luckily were able to check in. The plan was to sleep in for about 6 hours, then get up, hit the range, the pool, maybe a massage to loosen up the back from the long drive. The plan immediately fell apart as we only got about 3 hours of sleep. We got up, showered, and decided to hit the range and continue with the original plan from there. Well...that didn't work out either. We went to the rang, and then said "screw it. We're here to play golf. so lets go play golf." Huge mistake!! Played terribly because we were both exhausted, and then after the round, we went and got ready for dinner and to start meeting some people. Unfortunately, after we ate, we were both so tired we left early and went to bed. Now for the actual rounds:

Saturday Round 1: The Squire with Yorkem's Friend (I love that), OEMKevin, and One-T: I played terribly again, but these guys would not let me get down, and were nothing but complimentary, and helpful. One-T gave me a quick bunker tip that I will carry with me forever, and OEMKevin (my riding partner) kept me calm all day and gave me a great suggestion to help keep me out of some trouble (avoiding that sand trap was key since I made the putt, so thanks again for that) that helped to salvage my round at least a little bit. A little later, on a par 3, I could not find my ball, but One-T did. It was stuck IN a tree! I took a picture of it, and will try to get it posted later. It was hard for me to focus on what the others were doing because I played so poorly, but the fact that I walked off the course laughing is a testament to the kind of people OEMKevin, and One-T are. I just had a blast playing with these guys, and hope to do it again.

Saturday Round 2: The Champions scramble with rbelbin, adamsgirl, and mrs.belbin. I warned them early that I was not playing well, but that my short game was intact, so I would be able to help on, and around the greens. For those of you that don't know the legend of rbelbin, let me tell you this, he absolutely crushes the ball! I was literally amazed on every tee shot he hit, and there is nothing wrong with his short game either. It seemed as though every time I would drill a green, he would be inside me, but the most amazing thing I saw was him driving into the greenside bunker on a par 4. Unbelievable! Don't sleep on the ladies either. They were both straight down the middle all day, and pretty long too. We started out great, getting birdies on the first 6 holes, but then leveled out with 1 bogey, 9 pars, and 2 more birdies, one of which was on 15 (first hole of the Bear Trap). Adamsgirl made The Bear Trap her b!tch by putting us within 4 feet there for birdie. I did have my most embarassing moment during this rouund as well, especially since there was another group waiting on the tee with us when I bounced one down about 15 condo rooftops on a pulled drive, but I couldn't help but laugh along with every one else. By the way, I did not look for that ball. So we finished with a 65, minus 2 more for keeping the chromax ball alive, so a 63, and looke like we were going to a playoff, until TC decided to end the suspense by drilling a 12 footer for birdie on 18. This round was so much fun, and I finally started playing better which allowed me to contribute to the team, and definitely helped my confidence leading into Sunday.

Sunday: The Champions with Spanks Friend (Chris), and Fildini's Friend (Jon): Another great group. Chris and I played pretty similarly, and Jon tore it up to the tune of an 84. The Bear Trap caught him as he played those 3 holes at 4 over for a 40 on the back. He was just a machine all day. I actually scored pretty well, but I could not get off the tee all day, and shot a 96 but did go par, double, par on The Bear Trap which is something I am proud of. Chris is hysterical. He had me laughing all day long. Jon hit some crazy rbelbinesque drives, and got home in 2 on 18, but just missed the eagle putt. When we came to the hole that I had destroyed the roofs of the condos on the day before, I told them what had happened. I hit my drive down the right side again, but did not hit any houses this time. Jon joke with me that there was no terra cotta on my ball today, and then I hit my second shot...you guessed it...onto the roof tops again. I just started laughing and told Jon it was his fault. He jinxed me. he said he only meant for the tee shot. It was really funny.

Finally, it was time to go. I had such a great time, and met some really great people. TC was helping me out on the range. JB and GG are awesome. You can't meet nicer people than them. Hawk and his wife Erica were like old friends from the second I met them. My lefty brother coolbreeze was a blast to hang with during demo day (sorry about your ear brother). Fildini is hysterical, and so is Spank. Cmoors, Ah2Fly, AHA, and MrsAHA, TrueTemper, DrTeeth, Bulldog, KellyBo, Ole Gray, and everyone else I met. One more award from me. It is my biggest surprise award, and it goes to P4B. Super nice, full of personality, and just a ton of fun to be around. You were all awesome, and I can't wait until next year to renew these friendships in person. Thanks to all of you for making this trip a memory I will carry with me forever.

Wasn't it part of the deal that if he lost the match against JB that Chunkylover would forever be referred to as yorkem's friend?

Sunday: The Champions with Spanks Friend (Chris), and Fildini's Friend (Jon): Another great group. Chris and I played pretty similarly, and Jon tore it up to the tune of an 84. The Bear Trap caught him as he played those 3 holes at 4 over for a 40 on the back. He was just a machine all day. I actually scored pretty well, but I could not get off the tee all day, and shot a 96 but did go par, double, par on The Bear Trap which is something I am proud of. Chris is hysterical. He had me laughing all day long. Jon hit some crazy rbelbinesque drives, and got home in 2 on 18, but just missed the eagle putt. When we came to the hole that I had destroyed the roofs of the condos on the day before, I told them what had happened. I hit my drive down the right side again, but did not hit any houses this time. Jon joke with me that there was no terra cotta on my ball today, and then I hit my second shot...you guessed it...onto the roof tops again. I just started laughing and told Jon it was his fault. He jinxed me. he said he only meant for the tee shot. It was really funny.

Yorkem, that is some funny stuff. I didn't know that Jon said that! That shot you hit that riccocheted off those houses was legendary. My balls had some terra cotta on them as well.

Great to meet you man.

One other thing I'd like to say is THANK YOU to all of the companies that gave their support to the 2011 outing. I'd name them all, but I'm not sure that I could do it.

Thanks to all of the companies that sent equipment to demo. It was truly a breathtaking amount of gear and I know that there were a ton of very happy golfers on Friday. The information they will have to share should be enlightening for all of our readers.

Thanks to companies like Bridgestone, Pukka, Visor Versa, and Epoch for the awesome gifts that we were given in our bags. They are all companies that have earned my respect/support due to their generosity to THP.

Thanks to PGA National for having us. We are a noisy, demanding bunch of hackers and, once again, the golf, ammenities, and food were incredible.

This recap brought to you semi-live from the balcony outside iBar at PGA National! AdamsGirl and I will be here for a couple more days enjoying the beautiful Florida weather. First off, I have to say a HUGE thank you to JB, GG, and the THP Staff. This weekend was again beyond fun and you know we’ll do everything we can to attend every Outing we can. Now to the highlights.

Wednesday
Alarm went off at 2am so we could get off to the airport. Left the house at 3. Yes, I did forget my wedding ring. I realized it about 10 minutes after we had left. I am by no mean proud of my mistake, but we couldn’t go back for it. My sincerest apologies to AG. Dropped the car off at the airport and then the waiting game began. For the first time ever, I was not “randomly” selected for a pat-down. It was a nice change for me! Finally it was time to board, but for some reason, our flight was slightly delayed in leaving the terminal. I think we left 5-10 minutes late. Somewhere along the line, this 5-10 delay grew into 20-25 minutes by the time we reached Houston. Once we landed, we were rushing to get to our connecting flight. Quickly grabbed some lunch, and rushed out to the gate only to find the gate empty and no plane sitting on the tarmac. Apparently, our gate was changed since we had left Edmonton. More rushing to the new gate but we made it in time and were off shortly afterwards. Landed in WPB only to have our luggage not be there. Apparently, our bags were held by security and didn’t make our flight. We were not impressed, but luckily we had brought a change of clothes with us in our carry on.

We met Rhino at the airport and shared some laughs which really helped lighten our moods. Shuttle took forever to pick us up, but it finally came and we were off to the familiar sights of PGA National. Had dinner with Rhino and I had my first Grilled Cheese. Man, they pack so much goodness in there! I’ve had it a few times since and it never really disappoints. Hung with Rhino for awhile after dinner and shared some more laughs. Went back to our room to find a nice surprise from PGA National. A plate of chocolate covered strawberries as a congrats on our wedding from the resort. That was a very nice gesture. The day ended with a call from the airline saying our luggage will be dropped off in the morning.

Thursday
The day started out with the awesome breakfast buffet with Rhino. cg13 stopped by on his way to the spa. After breakfast, it was pretty much the waiting game as we waited for our bags to show up. Hawk and Erica stopped by and said hi. Finally around 10:30 our bags showed up and then it was off to the pool, our honeymoon could finally begin! Chilled out there for a while and then went inside to say hi to the crew that drove down from Orlando. As we were doing that, the Philly crowd walked in and got to say to everyone there as well. After lunch, it was back out to the pool. A nice relaxing day. Thursday evening of course was meet and greet and got to meet everyone. It sure is nice to put faces to names.

Friday
Friday was Demo Day and Dress Like a Pro. Yours truly rocked the Rickie Fowler smurf outfit. Needless to say, I rocked it!! There was no way I was competing with Truetemper (old school Gary McCord) and rbelbin (Ian Poulter). These guys may have won, but I was the one to wear what my guy wore that day! Yes, my boy Rickie was rocking the smurf on Friday too!

Demo day was impressive to say the least. There was just so much stuff there. No way I was hitting it all. Some favorites were the Ping K15 irons, Adams V3 and Redline irons, and the Cleveland Ultralite Fairways. I took the 17* 3 wood out on the course with me over the weekend and I will be getting a couple of these. Mighty impressed with it.

THP dinner was fantastic as always. I’ve got a soft spot for BBQ and I loaded up. Didn’t even leave room for dessert. Shame on me! Biggsy’s speech was great and the gifts for JB, GG and TC were so awesome. The raffle was tones of fun too. I was the lucky recipient of the TP Mills putter for the Poker Chip draw. Beautiful putter!! I’ll get some picks up later. There’s no way I’ll be gaming it, I just have to find a good spot to keep it safe at home!! Thank to THP and all the companies for making the raffle another huge success!!

Saturday
I played the Squire with JB last year, but all that knowledge went out the window as I stumbled my way through the course. Played with cheffor, Truetemper and his Dad. Really nice guys. I played like complete poop. Posted my worst score ever. I can report that the Ghost putter I won at the last Outing is working so well. It’s the one saving grace about my game.

The afternoon was the scramble as Team Mad Science went to work. Played with RxGus, Dr. Teeth, and Capt Golf. All three guys have serious game. I felt rather bad not being able to play to the same standards of my team, but did manage to make some good chips and putts to help the team out. Shot of the weekend had to be on 18 as Dr. Teeth bombed driver from the left rough to put us just short of the green. Incredible shot. It was a long day, but was loads of fun.

Sunday
Champion Course take 2. Played with Rhino, SeeMoreGuy and bulldog. What a fun group! Rhino’s trick shot on 10 sure was impressive! My putting and chipping again were good, even chipped in on one hole, but the rest of my game sucked the big one. I guess I was pouring on the ranch all weekend. Oh well, no big deal. Still had great time.

Monday
Played the Haig with AG. Both our games took a turn for the worse. AG had a GREAT shot on 17. She chipped on to the green and was a quarter rotation short of the ball falling in. She would have gotten par. It was a great shot! Had dinner with Carsten. He’s a really cool dude!

That pretty much takes us to this morning. Slept in for the first time in a long time and it was pretty awesome. Just going to have a couple of relaxing days here and then we are off home on Thursday afternoon.

I want to thank THP again for such an awesome time! Big thanks as well to PGA National. This truly is a beautiful place!

Yorkem, that is some funny stuff. I didn't know that Jon said that! That shot you hit that riccocheted off those houses was legendary. My balls had some terra cotta on them as well.

Great to meet you man.

Maybe I should change my name to "The Terra Cotta King".:laughing:

wasn't it part of the deal that if he lost the match against jb that chunkylover would forever be referred to as yorkem's friend?

30 days!!!! 30 days!!!

Who's this Chunkylover guy I keep seeing post in here? Was he at the outing?

I dont think he was, there was an umpa lumpa there though that called himself Yorkems friend.

Maybe I should change my name to "The Terra Cotta King".:laughing:

I like it. The fact that Jon jinxed you is funny as well.

On that hole on sunday I hit a drive over those houses that didn't even make a sound.

He was there more than Hanks

Warning.....VERY LONG!!!

I have undergone a successful liver transplant and I’m as good as new. I did rather well, relatively speaking, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night but something when horribly wrong somewhere along the lines on Saturday. But you know, in the end I wouldn’t change anything because it was so much fun.

It all started with getting to reunite with my good friends JB and GolferGal on Wednesday night, I was so excited to get to their place that I didn’t even try to scale the walls of Isleworth to get to Tiger’s house on the way over. Staying with JB and GG were of course were 3 cartoon characters from a fictional place in the mountains where they spend their days dancing some funky kind of jig, drinking Sweet Tea and scaring children. These people of course are the Calloway boys. The entire flight and ride to THP HQ I tried to prepare my dad and my buddy Jeff (DakotaGolfer) for what they were about to witness. We walked in the house and it was like a scene from Talladega Nights with these guys, I was waiting for Ricky Bobby played by TC to SHAKE and BAKE Cal Naughton Jr played by One-T . Lucky for me Mary was also there and anytime I can see her I’m happy, she is so nice it is crazy. I also was happy to meet Ahh2Fly who was there for a while Wed night as well. The party didn’t last long (well because the Calloway Clan shot gunned all 18 of our beers in about 15 minutes) because we had an early morning ahead of us.

Thursday morning arrives; time to do a 3 minivan gangbuster to PGA National! We arrived with tons of time to spare so we were able to get checked in and have lunch after getting all the equipment loaded. Speaking of lunch, this is as good a time as any to give out my first award. The award for the most overhyped food item since Goober which is a pre-mix of PB and J goes to the supposedly world famous grilled cheese sandwich from the iBar. Good….yeah it was alright. THAT freakin good? Not a chance. I gave ½ my sandwich to TC, and you should all know that fat guys from South Dakota don’t share food. As we were sitting there though we had a steady stream of THP’ers walking up and man it was great to see all you guys. After hammering down the rest of the fries we gotta roll to our arrival round tee time on the Squire. I played with DeGoins and we were joined by Dr. Teeth and DakotaGolfer. We had a lot of fun and hit a lot of bad shots, but it was definitely a good time on a really fun course. Dr. Teeth has a video of me trying my best to imitate Thainer with a bunker shot, it was not pretty but no one was hurt so I’ll take my triple bogey and move on.

Thursdays meet and greet was a blast and catching up with all of the people I spend so much time chatting with on THP was great. A lot of familiar faces but with some new friends to meet as well made it a lot of fun. The award for best disappearing act goes to Chunky Lover and yorkem. At one point I was having people check under their shoes because I thought someone stepped on Chunky. We had really big day ahead of us so by 11:30 or so it was time to slip out the back door.

Demo Day this year was actually held on the surface of the sun. Are you kidding me?! How in the world do people live there? It was 135 degrees by 9 am with no signs of cooling off. People really enjoyed a big white sweaty goofball like me coming up to them asking if they needed help. Most of the time the reply was, “get away from me now or I’ll call the cops”. The dress like a pro contest was great and there were some of you that really brought their “A” game with your outfits, congrats to RBelbin on winning it! Speaking of RBelbin, the awesome golfer ever goes to RBelbin. He hits BOMBS and I’m sure the people on the opposite end of the range were not feeling real safe when he was sending moon shots to them. The reason he wins my award though is because he simply walks off the range where everyone else was afraid to hit drivers next to him and steps up and WINS the wedge contest. He’s money!

Dinner was so good it is hard to even describe. Nothing like a bunch of pulled pork for this big boy to dig into, I am happy to report that I didn’t wear any sauce on my person when I left the dinner. Apparently there were some that thought I might. The raffle was a lot of fun, seeing people go up there and spin the wheel of destiny and leave either dejected or in complete jubilation was really fun. Biggsy did a great job of presenting the gifts to JB and GG and it was fun watching GG take so long to open her gift and her reaction each time she saw something else included was priceless. Also to JB and GG, thank you so much for the generous gift of the amazing T.P. Mills putters, none of us ever expect anything and we help out around here because we like it and we like you guys but this was so thoughtful and very appreciated!

Saturday was one LONG day, it started out with the Equipment Testers challenge and I gotta tell you, I didn’t realize that Ivan Drago played golf. Only this time he didn’t let the chump come back although it looked like it COULD happen for a second there. JB started out the first 6 holes like he was ready to run away with the match and our drivers. But then something happened. This video best describes what we saw there on the 7th hole, it was amazing. Special thanks goes to Hanks for playing the part of The Duke:

I'm not even sure if I got that many good blows in and as I said, the champ would rebound and sure enough the chump was sent packing. The results of the match weren’t what I was hoping for, but the entertainment of the round was worth every bit of it all. The round was fun and the company was even better.

Saturday afternoon I played with my boys One T, Yoccos and Spank and if my round 1 was a no holds barred knock down drag out then the afternoon round was more like a scene from Old School. The beverages were flowing and we were having some fun out there. Spank takes home the award for coolest cat on the golf course with his shot on the par 5 6th hole. We had 225 or so to the hole for our 2nd shot and after a couple of 3 stooges like shots from us Spank nails a 3 wood, immediately after making contact he says “we’re home boys” and walks to his cart. We all watch as the ball soars onto the green leaving us with a 12 footer for eagle that we EASILY 2-putted. Hehe. Great shot Spank! That round was a lot of laughs and even despite winning the drinking trophy handily we only finished 2 natural and 2 pink ball bonus strokes shy of the lead so we didn’t completely stink up the joint.

Saturday after golf has been well documented, we had so much fun at the Sports Bar watching the Bacos challenge and seeing who’s order would get messed up the most. The award for most inspirational cheerleader goes to Erica, Hawk I don’t know how you couldn’t complete that with those lovely words of support coming your way. Your girl is awesome and I’m glad I got to meet her!

Sunday morning we were up and at em early again, this time it was on the Champion where me and Thainer took on TC and OEM Kevin in match play. TC came out a lot like JB did the previous day, what is the deal with you guys, can you let a guy get the sleep out of his eye before putting the hammer down? Good stuff boys, that’s how you get it done and I learned a lot from it. I played like well…..a hungover fat kid with a sunburn for the first 8 holes then shot -2 on holes 9 thru 12 to at least save a little face but as the round wore on the exhaustion of the weekend took its toll. I limped home with a double on 15, par on 16, bogey on 17 and par on 18 to turn in a back nine 40 to go with the front nine’s 45. Someone slap me next time I decide to try to drink the resort out of any and all alcohol like that again ok? Sunday was a lot of fun and I was happy to play with such great guys. TC wins the award for my best buddy because he is such a great dude and someone that I’m just glad I know.

I’ve rambled on a long time but there were a lot of things to say. Thank you so much to all of you for helping make the 2011 THP Outing so amazing. I know I’m missing about 300 more awards that I could give out and funny stories but in the end one giant award for Best Forum Ever goes to THP. We didn’t have any weirdos that I could tell, so I know that means that I was the weirdo, but you guys still all talked to me anyway. It was a lot of hard work on the part of JB and GG and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do. My dad and my buddy Jeff had so much fun too, we spent the entire way home just laughing.

A couple more awards before I close:

The Ole Gray Nicest Guy at the outing award goes to Dr. Teeth. I am really glad I know you, you’re a great guy!

The award for being awesome goes to Coolbreeze. You’re such a positive person to be around and I thank you for all your help and I really look forward to hanging with you again in August.

The Captain Lou Albano Managerial award goes to White Rhino for his efforts in managing his Bushwood team to the win Saturday evening!

The I can’t hang out with you ever again award goes to One-T. You’re going to get me killed, but man we’ll have fun doing it won’t we pal?!

The coolest cat in the zip code again goes to Uncle Daddy. No explanation necessary, that’s one cool dude right there.

The biggest scaredy cat award goes to Hanks. So what if that water snake is poisonous, you could have played that shot out of the water dude. C’mon man! (I totally kid, but I had your back if he decided to come after you.)

Finally the award for don’t freaking ever bet against that guy award goes to JB. -1 and a comfortable 8 shot ahead after 6 holes is no joke. You can play golf when the pressure is on, good stuff buddy!

Back