2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting very antsy too, I pulled up THP on the new phone while at the golf course this morning just to be sure I could. This new smartphone is definitely smarter than me, but I will be sending in my email as soon as I can after 12 on the 8th.

I too dont think its smart for me to put my name in the hat this early. Coming right out of college, I dont know where I will be working, living, etc.

Maybe I can jump in on a cancellation later if I know more details or something, but ATM its just not logical for me to hop in on this one. Good Luck everyone!

The 31 Canadians will be the ones talking funny!

hahaha touche sir. touche. I never knew there was an "a" and a "w" in the words out and about until I moved to Ohio!

Also, 120 hours until email time. Booyah!

Looking....bad for me. We have been spending money left and right, seems when one thing breaks everything breaks. We are not going underwater, but a safe estimate for my wife and I to attend and enjoy ourselves is $1800 if not more. Totally worth it, but adding another couple grand on top of everything going on right now puts us in a situation where we would have to go into credit card debt. NOT going there, we are cash and carry. No matter how much money you make it's never enough I tell ya.

Griff - don't be too discouraged. While I hope this Outing fills up fast, there may be a few open spots for a little while or someone or two might end up backing out at the last minute. Last year, Mr. Blind 9 and I didn't sign up until December (I don't know when the 2011 sign ups opened). I know there were also two cancellations as we got closer to the Outing. So maybe this month is looks really bad - but may be next month it won't. There may still be spaces open in a month.

31 canadians=mikedean441 cancelling plans to Orlando....j/k

31 canadians=mikedean441 cancelling plans to Orlando....j/k

lol dont be scared of our brothers from the north a, this is good for me as this means i wont have the whitest legs there a hehe

You might be right with that one... I'm still peeling from my sunburn 2 weekends ago!

You might be right with that one... I'm still peeling from my sunburn 2 weekends ago!

I am pretty tan, and I wore spf 50 at the outing just to be safe.

I put on SPF 80 before I go play golf or tennis. You'll still get some sun here in Florida even with that on.

I wore no sunscreen. I really should start putting some one. I am beyond dark right now and yet my natural color is pretty pale. There is one picture of me in the last outing thread and I am bending over and you can see the tan line on the shorts. So bad.

I go with such strong sunscreen because I spent just about all day every single day at the beach skimming or surfing growing up and I just feel I've already been burnt to many times. I assume I'll have to have some skin cancer spots removed already in the future, so I'm just trying to minimize that. Also, growing up in Florida on the beach you see the older people with that leather skin and I would like to avoid that look.

I'm just stupid.
I wore sun screen on my neck/ears and they're fine, but not on my forearms. They're peeling rather badly right now.

I wore no sunscreen. I really should start putting some one. I am beyond dark right now and yet my natural color is pretty pale. There is one picture of me in the last outing thread and I am bending over and you can see the tan line on the shorts. So bad.

i never put on sun screen, just never have for some reason, my legs are the only thing thats gonna get burnt so thats not to bad lol

I go with such strong sunscreen because I spent just about all day every single day at the beach skimming or surfing growing up and I just feel I've already been burnt to many times. I assume I'll have to have some skin cancer spots removed already in the future, so I'm just trying to minimize that. Also, growing up in Florida on the beach you see the older people with that leather skin and I would like to avoid that look.

I was the same way, but still dont wear it. Growing up playing junior tennis for 18 years outside for 6 hours a day and then not playing for a decade you get pretty white. Now golf and I am back to being dark again. I know I should, but just dont.

Back on topic, GG and I are headed to Grand Cypress tomorrow for a few of the practice holes. Should be fun.

I was the same way, but still dont wear it. Growing up playing junior tennis for 18 years outside for 6 hours a day and then not playing for a decade you get pretty white. Now golf and I am back to being dark again. I know I should, but just dont.

Back on topic, GG and I are headed to Grand Cypress tomorrow for a few of the practice holes. Should be fun.

Have fun....Dont forget your spf 50....lol

sweet, are pics a possibility

What about a little THP tennis tourney one night of the outing? Would be real fun and keep people from indulging to much in the adult beverage department.

What about a little THP tennis tourney one night of the outing? Would be real fun and keep people from indulging to much in the adult beverage department.

Not sure there will be time. I don't play anymore, but if pros want to, the raquet club is next door

Or maybe encourage it :D

Can't wait to sign up on the 8th. Grand Cypress is truly a world class facility. From the staff to the courses, all top notch. Each nine is unique and the "new" course is a blast to play. Practice your putting on the drive way, they can get the greens slick. The testing facility is sick, looking forward to 2012.

JB & GG make sure you always wear plenty of sunscreen. That is ole gray's order,,,,,, Please!!!!!

JB & GG make sure you always wear plenty of sunscreen. That is ole gray's order,,,,,, Please!!!!!

Thanks OG. Only if you agree you are coming in 12?

Dont get too excited though. I will not let you apply it to me...hehe

I could hear Ole Gray's hopes and dreams deflating from up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back