2012 Outing Q&A + Villa Videos

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This is the thread for everyone to ask me questions about the outing, the resort, the golf, etc...To start I have some FAQ listed below:

Q: How do I sign up?
A: You will send an email to [email protected]. I will give you a phone number to call in order to make your reservation. You will receive a confirmation number which you will then email me back with. If you need to make any changed to your reservations you will do so through me. I will be available through email and PM whenever you need me.

Q: Will your deposit be taken immediately?
A: Yes, when you call to make your reservation your deposit will be taken out at that time.

Q: When making a reservation do I need to know the exact dates I will be staying?
A: No, you will just tell them the dates of the outing which would be a Check-in of Friday May 18th and a Check out of Sunday May 20th. If you know your dates that's great but if not, just give them those dates to start with and then let me know NO LATER THAN 45 DAYS BEFORE THE OUTING what your official dates will be.

Q: Do I need to know my roommate at sign up?
A: No, you do not have to have the name of your roommate as sign up BUT YOU MUST KNOW 45 DAYS BEFORE THE OUTING who you will be rooming with and you must let me know who that will be.

Q: What is the rate if I come early or stay late?
A: This depends if you will be golfing or not. If you plan to golf then your rate remains the same. If you are staying but not golfing then the rate is $199 for the room.**(I will explain more about this later)**.

Q: When does the all inclusive golf begin?
A: This begins from the day you check in until the day you check out. So if you check in on Thursday and Check out on Monday then you have unlimited golf Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. However if you want to stay but no longer golf (for non outing days) then please refer to the question above for pricing.

Q: How many guests am I allowed to bring to the THP dinner?
A: The THP Banquet dinner is a large part of this weekend for everybody. Some dress up, some relax, everybody enjoys a wonderful (and I mean wonderful) meal and we do our huge raffle for the weekend. We must note this year that each person is allowed to bring a single guest (to the dinner). In the past this has never been an issue, but being as though this is in Orlando, we know that some are coming with their families. Unfortunately there will be additional costs for additional guests to this dinner. If you need information on the additional cost, please contact GolferGal or JB.

There are still a few things I am waiting to get some answers on but I should have those within the hour. I should have the pricing for people who want to bring a family and stay in a room by themselves. The way it would work is that you can either get a 2/2 villa with a shared common space or you can just have a single room with a pull out couch, but there will be no shared kitchen common area.

UPDATE: For a 2 bedroom Villa with Kitchen would be $369.00 per room (which is per family, per couple), per night and this includes one golf package. This includes two king bedrooms, living room, dinning room, kitchen and oversized patio. If both people are golfing it's the same double rate and if just 1 person is golfing then it's the $369 rate. There is only a limited number of the 2/2 available. For the most part everything will be the 4/4 villa.

The villas are either 4bed/4bath with all the beds being kings or doubles. So you won't find a 4bed/4bath with 2 king rooms and 2 double rooms.

**The $199 rate is per room not per person. So it doesn't matter how many people are staying in that room for that night it's just $199 but golf WILL NOT be included in this rate. Also NOT included in this rate is the use of the common area. The common area is only for the days of the outing when the entire villa is occupied by THP'ers. However, if we have people coming in and staying late on the same dates then we can keep the common area for everyone, just as long as all 4 rooms are occupied by the THP crew. I hope that makes sense.

I found out that you have free use of the Hyatt just down the road and there is a free shuttle that will take you over there. They have an amazing spa and pool with a water slide for the kids. They even have a rock climbing wall. Here is a link to check out everything they have to offer over there http://www.grandcypress.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp.

I hope this answers everyone's questions and if you have any more ask them here and I will be sure to answer them. Please ask them in here because others might have the same question. Thanks!!

For the full details on the outing be sure to check out the Official 2012 Outing Thread here http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20581-2012-THP-Golf-Outing-amp-Demo-Day

This is where you can find the pricing, dates, links to resort, etc...

Villa Videos
Video of the single room
Spoiler

Video of the entire villa
Spoiler

Last edited:
wonder if flight times/ prices are available yet?

Just checked continental and it only goes up until May 9th right now. Probably next week. Also, how much of a deposit is needed? Is there a registration deadline?

GG - I saw the comment above about couples who want to stay in their own room, etc and that the pricing is forthcoming if I understood correctly.

From the other thread my understanding was that if my wife and I are coming and only I am golfing, then it is $299/night. Is that still accurate with our own room?

Edited to add: maybe the above information in this post is only applicable to families needing multiple rooms.

• Admin
GG - I saw the comment above about couples who want to stay in their own room, etc and that the pricing is forthcoming if I understood correctly.

From the other thread my understanding was that if my wife and I are coming and only I am golfing, then it is $299/night. Is that still accurate with our own room?

Edited to add: maybe the above information in this post is only applicable to families needing multiple rooms.

I am referring to couples who want to share a villa with just one other couples. Meaning 4 people or 2 couples sharing 1 common area. That will have a different rate which I am working on getting asap.

Thanks for the info GG, I have a question though - my training course is now 9am-12pm MST (11-2pm EST) so I should be able to send you the e-mail, but I will not be able to make any phone calls while I'm in class.
Will this be a problem?
Also, could you post how much the deposit is? My student credit card really doesn't give me much leeway to play with - especially since I'm going to Montreal tomorrow night.

Is this filled yet?

Kevin

• Admin
Thanks for the info GG, I have a question though - my training course is now 9am-12pm MST (11-2pm EST) so I should be able to send you the e-mail, but I will not be able to make any phone calls while I'm in class.
Will this be a problem?
Also, could you post how much the deposit is? My student credit card really doesn't give me much leeway to play with - especially since I'm going to Montreal tomorrow night.

I am extremely confident that we won't sell out of spots in the first day or even the first month to be honest. So if you can't call to make your reservation for a few days you should be just fine.

As for the deposit, that will be equal to 1 nights stay at the golf/outing price. So for a single that is $299 and for a double (meaning you will have a roommate) that is $207.50. This amount will come out immediately and then you pay the difference at check out.

How many spots are available?

DUMB QUESTION AHEAD: If you and 4 guys know you want to stay together then the deposit for all of you would be what? Or can you even do that?

I am extremely confident that we won't sell out of spots in the first day or even the first month to be honest. So if you can't call to make your reservation for a few days you should be just fine.

As for the deposit, that will be equal to 1 nights stay at the golf/outing price. So for a single that is $299 and for a double (meaning you will have a roommate) that is $207.50. This amount will come out immediately and then you pay the difference at check out.

I need this to not be filled by the 16th

Yup, all filled up...try again next year. :wink:

I'll be surprised if it doesn't fill in a week. Maybe a couple days. The pictures and stories from the last one have to have driven people crazy.

DUMB QUESTION AHEAD: If you and 4 guys know you want to stay together then the deposit for all of you would be what? Or can you even do that?

Sounds like some whatnot is on the docket.

I'll stop ruining this thread now. Sorry.

Kevin

cool, thanks GG, im gonna be staying Thursday night- Saturday night and checking out sunday morning

The deposits are done individually. So if you are rooming with someone that is also golfing then your deposit would each be $207.50. If each of you wants your own room, and you do not want to do the double rate, then your deposit is $299.

Sorry that I didn't get this in earlier GG.

Can I assume that we can stay off site Thursday and partake in the demo day friday?

Yes, you can stay off property on Thursday and then just stay for Friday and Saturday nights. However, if you want to stay on property and not golf then the rate is $199 PER room not per person per room. So if 2 people were in that one room the rate would still only be $199...but only for the non golfing nights.

Yes, you can stay off property on Thursday and then just stay for Friday and Saturday nights. However, if you want to stay on property and not golf then the rate is $199 PER room not per person per room. So if 2 people were in that one room the rate would still only be $199...but only for the non golfing nights.

Thanks GG, you actually ended up answering my follow up question haha!

Lets keep this thread to the Q & A guys and leave the banter of the outing to the other thread. Thanks.

After reading some of the rate questions, I have another.

If we fly in Thursday (stay Thursday night, but do not golf, stay Sunday night, leave Monday morning, and are rooming), would we then each pay:
$99.50 + $207.50 + $207.50 + $99.50 ?

Or since we would be partaking in the demo day, would Thursday night's rate be $207.50?

If I were to come from NZ with my wife and daughter, and only me golfing we'd want a facility that we could maybe share with another similar family. Is that possible and if do what's the rate/deposit

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, I am not seeing the videos when I hit the spoiler button. Help.

Edit, I clicked on the properties and it popped up asking if I wanted to allow add ons, I clicked to always allow from THP and viola, there it is.

The 4 bedroom villas looked to be very comfortable, I am so looking forward to staying there.

Back