What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noodle "Soft Feel"

Verdict? I need my dang RX's to get here.

I'm currently playing Titleist NXT Tour - soft enough, but not too much spin off the driver - helps keep me pretty straight. I'm always looking for the ultimate ball, though, so often try different balls. Just keep coming back to the NXT.

Played my regular ball the Bridgestone B-330 RX, but this was one of the many white ones I still have as I bought 3 dozen before the optic yellows hit the market. It played just as well as the optic yellow, but I really miss the bright yellow staring at me after my tee shot and taking me directly to my ball instead of having to stop and look at all of the balls to pick mine out. It may be a small thing to others, but I have become very used to it when playing with my regular Wednesday group.

Played the Penta TP yesterday and it was performing great for me. Tee to green, my swing was in synch like rarely before. This ball lets you bomb drives yet still hold greens. I love the skip and stop chips with this ball. You can swing aggressively around the greens and stop the ball where you want.

TM Penta TP, and I'm not as happy with this ball as I'd like to be. It does get good distance, and it does get good spin. In fact, I'd say it outperforms the ProV1 in those areas. Where it does not shine is durability. I had to take the ball out of commission after 4 holes, because the cracks around the dimples was getting so severe that it appeared to be taking distance off the ball on longer shots and the ball flight just looked weird. Switched it out with another, first wedge shot shredded the cover.

This was not my first try with the Pentas. I got the free six pack, and I've been trying them out. I like their performance, just not their durability. Every ball so far has had issues.

I bought 15 ben hogan tour deeps at play it again sports and played them yesterday and,WOW these are great balls.I got more spin on approach shots than i get from pro v1's,fg tours,B330s and cally i(z)'s,the hogans are great from tee to green.Makes me wonder why they are not made anymore,i got one to hop twice and spin back a couple of feet off of my 9-iron (i had never seen that before).They were a tad short off the tee but,not much,it was barely noticable.I am going back to nashville and play it again in a few days and i hope i can dig thru the .33 cent balls and find more.

So my last 5 rounds I have played the TM Penta. While this ball does everything it claims I have lost 12 balls in 5 rounds. With the Bridgestone 330-RX I may lose a ball a round but not 4! I absolutely love the Penta but cant figure out why I lose so many? Its not as soft with the putter as the 330-RX but it really does do everything advertised. Long off the tee, checks up, spins on the green and rolls well on the green. My friends just laugh at me over losing these balls, but I still have 2 box's left. Hope those last 10 more rounds :banghead:

Play with a el cheapo Maxfli revolution today. My shots were all over the place on my warm up bucket of balls at the range. So I grabbed one of these out of the throw away/ try to carry water bag. Then WOW this ball seemed to work very well. I was shocked i gamed it all the way threw the front nine and shot a all time low of 41 on the front nine. Then the rain storm moved in, a hour later we played the back nine. Shot a 45 with a penta. They we both around the same off the tee and iron ranges, penta check up a bit better on short chips. But was very surprised that this ball gamed so well.

I bought and used a NTX my on Monday. Shot my lowest round by 12 strokes and ended up with the same ball I started with. It has the right amount of softness for me and it was stopping within 2' of where it landed on 8 iron approach shots. This will be the ball I play with for awhile. Right now they are on sale for $20.99/dz.

Maxfli Noodle.

Played 5 holes last night avoiding the rain before and after, it was just a knock about really so used a maxfli noodle.

For the price (£15 for three dozen), they really are great. Just appreciate your not going to get spin around the greens or from anywhere really and what more could you want. Decent feel of the face, good distance and you can move them around off the tee also.

Srixon Z-Star Yellow

One. Only one for the full round. Looks great still, I love the yellow golf balls. To compare this to the Noodles I played the last two rounds would be a joke. I really like this ball, I planned on going 9 with the Z-Star and 9 with the RX but I just couldn't do it. I hardly ever (3 times ever I think) play one ball an entire 18. Nice.

Ive been playing the NIke 20X1 Black and I am really enjoying it. Today I put it up in play against another ball I play on a regular basis, MG C4 pro. I like both balls, they travel far, spin well and putt well. The Nike has a lower ball flight, it's more penetrating. MG tends to have more movement on miss hits. I like both balls if given a choice I'd say Nike Wins out.
I buy the MG because it's a good substitute at a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been playing the NIke 20X1 Black and I am really enjoying it. Today I put it up in play against another ball I play on a regular basis, MG C4 pro. I like both balls, they travel far, spin well and putt well. The Nike has a lower ball flight, it's more penetrating. MG tends to have more movement on miss hits. I like both balls if given a choice I'd say Nike Wins out.
I buy the MG because it's a good substitute at a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal Tad, I saw you post in the What Did You Shoot Today thread and was curious as to why you played the 2 different balls, and what your thoughts were on them. Thanks for posting this.

I played some leftover Nike PD Softs today. My game is finally starting to the point where I am consistent enough that I can notice the differences between the balls. Today I hit 3 or 4 greens and wasn't able to hold them. I'm fairly certain if I'd been playing my TM TP Blacks I would have had better control around the green and would have saved a couple strokes.

I only played a few holes before dark the other night and pulled out a noodle I had found the round earlier. I was impressed at the distance I found off the driver.

I played the Nike Ignite today. Decent ball, but I like the Srixon AD333 better. Didn't lose any, scuffs were minimal except when they met the cart paths.

Anyone ever game Maxfli Tour LC before? Picked up 2 dozen for $31 at GG today.

Tap tap taparoo

Wilson Staff X1 24 for $12.00

Anyone ever game Maxfli Tour LC before? Picked up 2 dozen for $31 at GG today.

Tap tap taparoo

No but i played with the revolution yesterday and got quite a surprise on how well it worked.

Last round was July 4th AM.
Played a B-330S and a Yellow E6 side by side.
The E6 I was used to playing, but I was very impressed by the 330s. Both balls hold up great, and both are good performers... the 330s edged out the E6.
I finally lost the B-330S on the 9th hole, so I played a yellow Z-Star that I found earlier in the round next to the E6, and the Z-Star ballooned on me on every shot. Really high ball with not as much distance.

I can't wait for MikeDean441's response to this thread today.. heh...

I used a TaylorMade Penta for all 18 holes today. Great spin on the green and good quality ball flight all the way through. Really enjoyed this ball.

I can't wait for MikeDean441's response to this thread today.. heh...

I used a TaylorMade Penta for all 18 holes today. Great spin on the green and good quality ball flight all the way through. Really enjoyed this ball.

Lol!

Top flight xl for the rollout chip and come back 30 foot putt.

Agree with ya on that penta- I love the feel of em.

Man you were killing that ball.

Longest 3 iron I've seen. I'll upload the video tonight and put it in the nike forum? Or would you like it elsewhere?

Longest 3 iron I've seen. I'll upload the video tonight and put it in the nike forum? Or would you like it elsewhere?

haha the VR Pro testing thread would be perfect.. Hopefully the uPro number showed up!!

I played 9 today with a Gamer v2. I found it to be very long off the tee, and decent action on the greens. Has anyone else tried these out, thoughts?

what ball did I play?

Hmm lets see

2 pentas, a bridgestone 330rx, a pinnacle gold, a wilson jack/spin, a taylormade TP black, a nike One Black and another Nike ball and 2 Top Flight XL Distance

Line of the weekend...."what , you mean to tell me my Top FLight XL Distance didnt check up on the green"

All joking aside, I hit 2 long putts with it

Dan I need the Penta back I gave you so I have a ball to play tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back