What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shooting Lefty, I am on record right now as telling you if we are walking in Blairsville, I am forfeiting.
old_man_SMILEY.gif

OK, I will practice riding before that weekend and we will have us a good match and great time.
We have a fairly large group of us old guys that get out there and walk 3-4 days a week. I usually walk 5-6 days but all that rain messed up this week.

Shot an 84 at Red Hawk in Findlay ohio. Normally a very good course but the greens were in bad shape. Probably the worst I played on this year.

What did I shoot? I almost shot a duck, because almost the WHOLE damn course is under water!!!!!

I have really been struggling for a while, Haven't broke 90 in a few weeks, after I had gotten to the point where I broke it 1 out of every 2 rounds. This trend continued today as I shot a 52/48 for a 100 even, ouch. I was driving GREAT for the first 8 holes. I had one that I pulled real far left, but everything else was either in the fairway, or just outside. It felt great. Got to the 9th, and I hit two tee shots out of bounds. I didn't hit another straight driver for the rest of the time... it was painful. I putted pretty well, except on par 3's. I hit the green on all 4 par 3's, but 3 putted 3 of the 4 of them. Even the one where I stuck it within 8 feet. Super frustrating.

Typical of my game this year, 39 front and 51 back!!
Driving is killing me, hit 1 fairway on the back nine, and many that weren't even close!
It's now got to the point where I'm standing over the ball thinking 'where's this one going'!
Funny how they fly ok on the range, ah well, back to the drawing board.
Anybody know of a good shrink in my area!

Sorry, duplicate post!!

45-46=91 Couldn't hit a green to save my life (2 all day) and hit 8 bunkers. Every time the ball could bounce either into a good place or a bad place it bounced into the bad place. It's actually pretty amazing I managed to salvage a 91. Short game and putting bailed me out from being a lot worse.

First of all I shot a 42 + 41 today = 83 and got my butt handed to me on a platter! My buddy who I had beat the weekend before came back and shot a 72 today. Now I got to look at that the whole weekend!!!! I got to up my game for sure! I probably set an all time three putt record but it would not have mattered he would have whup my pants off just the same......

Gold tees, 72.2/137, walked. 39-39 78. Rolled the putts well.

well i had a tune up lesson from our former tour pro the other day and wow
i played a practice round with some alignment sticks i bought
shot 6 over today... reefrikkendiculous
i bet i woulda went much lower if the greens werent freshly aerated/sanded/top dressed
i really need to work on my distance control and a few more issues and ill be all set

Shot an 86 (44/42) on a course new to me. Had 3 3 putts and 3 1 putts. overall not a bad round for me since I had never Played the course.

Shot 40 today, par 35. Should have been a 37, but had 3 3 putts. UGH.

76 (+5) and a 36 (+1) tonight on a 27 hole twilight round. Hitting the driver as well as I've ever hit it. Still need a little work on the irons but I'm very close there as well, I hit a 210 yard 5 iron (downhill) to the green to setup an eagle try on a par 5. So I know the deal with the irons, just gotta get myself to do it...I'll get there.

Nice shooting Jake!

40-42 for an 82 with 3 birdies on the front 9

Nice shooting Jake!
Thanks Smallie, I've had better scores this year, but today's round was just better. Better ball striking, better driver game, didn't have to rely on something like a uncharacteristically good short game and/or putting. It was fun.

Thanks Smallie, I've had better scores this year, but today's round was just better. Better ball striking, better driver game, didn't have to rely on something like a uncharacteristically good short game and/or putting. It was fun.

Atta boy Jake. But if your no longer Jake straight, what are we gonna call it?

Atta boy Jake. But if your no longer Jake straight, what are we gonna call it?
It's still there, in fact I Jake Straighted an 8 iron today, wasn't sure where the heck that came from. It's slowing leaving my system though....once it's officially gone we'll just call it JakeAwesome...named after my good buddy MarcAwesome, I can only hope to roll like that dude rolls.

First of all I shot a 42 + 41 today = 83 and got my butt handed to me on a platter! My buddy who I had beat the weekend before came back and shot a 72 today. Now I got to look at that the whole weekend!!!! I got to up my game for sure! I probably set an all time three putt record but it would not have mattered he would have whup my pants off just the same......

Really not bad if you consider the boatload of 3 putts buddy, are you putting the new putter yet?

Gold tees, 72.2/137, walked. 39-39 78. Rolled the putts well.

Nice shooting Lefty, I shot the same today but on an easier course, and I rode.

79 today. 44/35 :) +8/-1 for the nines. I had 34 putts, and the majority of those were on the front. I did 3 jack twice on the back from crazy long 50+ft crazy breakers. (talking 20 ft of break, multiple tiers etc) Overall I am happy with the come back after the dismal front 9.

Shot 87 yesterday while testing my Nike VR Pro Combo irons. Greens were crap as they were aerated within the last month so some unpredictable bounces. 32 putts but wedge game around the greens is easily costing me 8 strokes per round right now. Played from the whites:

East_Course_Scorecard.jpg

Fulfilled my bet w/OG today and played from the men's white tees and gold tees. Shot 43 from the white and then moved to the gold and shot 42 for a total of 85. I had a chance for an eagle on the last par 5 hole today. Missed an easy 5' putt after hitting a great 3 wood shot onto the green.

It wasn't my best ball striking day at all but I was proud that I hung with the guys. We had a lot of fun and OG kept laughing at me and my outfit all day.

Fulfilled my bet w/OG today and played from the men's white tees and gold tees. Shot 43 from the white and then moved to the gold and shot 42 for a total of 85. I had a chance for an eagle on the last par 5 hole today. Missed an easy 5' putt after hitting a great 3 wood shot onto the green.

It wasn't my best ball striking day at all but I was proud that I hung with the guys. We had a lot of fun and OG kept laughing at me and my outfit all day.

Solid round KB; especially dressed like a man. Pictures now please!!

Solid round KB; especially dressed like a man. Pictures now please!!

OG took some pics on his iPhone but he's not here right now. We'll post a few later. I looked like a complete dork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back