Hello from Silver Spring

stu929

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello to all my fellow hackers. I have posted a few times and did not check in so my apologies

I took up the games a few years ago and got out of it about two years ago due to a cancer diagnosis, I have recently been reminded of my love of the game and I have acquired some new sticks and started taking lessons. Before I have up the game I could at times go out and shoot 88-90 and other times struggle to break 100 I was the epitome of consistently inconsistent much like my beloved redskins.

While I would love to play twice a week my job and my finances simply will not allow it I have dedicated to myself I will play about 2 times a month and hit the range every week in an effort to attempt to get better. Unfortunately living in the DC area is a killing for the golf budget but I have recently developed some great friendships that should help me to play some very nice courses for a price that will actually allow me to play.

I joined the site to get some perspective on newer equipment as well as courses in the area. Hopefully at some point may find some other people in the area to hit the course with from time to time.

By day I am a training manager for a major packaged food company and I travel heavily throughout Md and Va as well as DC (Always have the sticks in the trunk BTW!), by night I take care of the my two kids who I love dearly! I love football, fantasy football, hockey, and I love to bowl.

Welcome to THP!!!

:welcome:

Welcome!

Welcome to THP from a fellow MD and someone who spends lots of time in MoCo.

@ bgammill - How do you like the penta? Do you ever get out to Lake Presidential?

Welcome to THP

Welcome Stu. I travel a lot for work and my sticks stay in the trunk always! Hopefully the weather around these parts will dry up again soon!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, stu!

Welcome to THP neighbor. There's plenty to take in on the site for someone looking to upgrade their game and equipment. Enjoy

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP. Glad to have you.

Welcome to the forum!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Welcome to THP.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Welcome to THP !

Welcome!

:welcome: Its A great Second HOME

welcome stu, nice to have you here

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP . If you are ever in the Richmond Va area, PM me and we'll get together at a local course who owes me a favor or two. Least I can do for a Redskins fan--Go Pack, GO!

Hello to all my fellow hackers. I have posted a few times and did not check in so my apologies

I took up the games a few years ago and got out of it about two years ago due to a cancer diagnosis, I have recently been reminded of my love of the game and I have acquired some new sticks and started taking lessons. Before I have up the game I could at times go out and shoot 88-90 and other times struggle to break 100 I was the epitome of consistently inconsistent much like my beloved redskins.

While I would love to play twice a week my job and my finances simply will not allow it I have dedicated to myself I will play about 2 times a month and hit the range every week in an effort to attempt to get better. Unfortunately living in the DC area is a killing for the golf budget but I have recently developed some great friendships that should help me to play some very nice courses for a price that will actually allow me to play.

I joined the site to get some perspective on newer equipment as well as courses in the area. Hopefully at some point may find some other people in the area to hit the course with from time to time.

By day I am a training manager for a major packaged food company and I travel heavily throughout Md and Va as well as DC (Always have the sticks in the trunk BTW!), by night I take care of the my two kids who I love dearly! I love football, fantasy football, hockey, and I love to bowl.

Welcome to THP! I grew up in Gaithersburg. I, too, am limited in my golf by money and loved ones, but I am a graduate student with enough time to get a part time job at the local course, so I might be able to work something out here shortly.

Back