The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had a night course up this way. Which course is it?

Links of Naples, its just a little executive course in east Naples but its great practice. Mostly par 3's and shorter par 4's and since I really struggle on the 3's its quite handy. Plus it means more golf time for me in the short days of winter.

--
tapatalk

Links of Naples, its just a little executive course in east Naples but its great practice. Mostly par 3's and shorter par 4's and since I really struggle on the 3's its quite handy. Plus it means more golf time for me in the short days of winter.

--
tapatalk

Really need to get some night golf places up here in Sarasota, that would be very nice to have available.

Amazing thunder storm here right now. Keeps setting my house alarm door chimes off lol.

Tonight I am making big life decisions and am having trouble deciding. Hmmmmmm on one side we have a great financial move for the future but it will make money tighter for the next year and a half and I will have to play less golf, and quit my current club. On the other hand everything stays the same but its not as good a move for the future.

Really need to get some night golf places up here in Sarasota, that would be very nice to have available.

I thought for sure there would be one up your way.

--
tapatalk

Tonight I am making big life decisions and am having trouble deciding. Hmmmmmm on one side we have a great financial move for the future but it will make money tighter for the next year and a half and I will have to play less golf, and quit my current club. On the other hand everything stays the same but its not as good a move for the future.

Tough one, sacrifices now for a brighter future are often worth it though. You're a wise one though, best wishes dude.

--
tapatalk

Best of luck with the decisions CB. Making decisions that affect you now but benefit you down the road are often tough, but in the long run are usually worth it.

That's tough but IMO have to think long term. If not, you will regret it for a LONG time. Worst case (by the sounds of it) is frustration for 18 months.

18 months anger is much better than long time anger/regret!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Tough one, sacrifices now for a brighter future are often worth it though. You're a wise one though, best wishes dude.

--
tapatalk

Best of luck with the decisions CB. Making decisions that affect you now but benefit you down the road are often tough, but in the long run are usually worth it.

Thanks guys, it means moving too but to an amazing house. I would just be stretch financially for a while.

I've always found that things have a way of working out, buddy. Take the chance and you may be surprised what comes your way.

You gotta do what's best for the family, you're a really smart guy and I know you'll do the right thing. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sacrifice now for the betterment of tomorrow is what I always say. Besides you may be able to find ways to tighten the belt without less golf. A little nip and tuck here and there on the expenditures never really hurts and heck it might actually make you more efficient going forward. I say make it so.

--
tapatalk

Thanks everyone, I know you are all right. What we are thinking of doing is buying a second home and have an offer on the table. We would then be renting the house we currently live in, and then moving into the new one. My mortgage on the second house will be bigger than what mine is now on the current house, but I will be able to rent this house for more than my mortgage, and in a year and half I will be able to refinance this house for a much lower interest rate than what I have now. Its kind of a scary thought for me, owning two homes and having that much debt, but in the long term it is just such a good move.

Oh, and we love the other house.

Thanks everyone, I know you are all right. What we are thinking of doing is buying a second home and have an offer on the table. We would then be renting the house we currently live in, and then moving into the new one. My mortgage on the second house will be bigger than what mine is now on the current house, but I will be able to rent this house for more than my mortgage, and in a year and half I will be able to refinance this house for a much lower interest rate than what I have now. Its kind of a scary thought for me, owning two homes and having that much debt, but in the long term it is just such a good move.

I am in the same boat but I cant find a renter so I will most likely lose the house I am after. If you know you can afford it and all it means is cutting back on some of your golf and other fun money, go for it. If its the home you want go after it. Life is short and you have to make it the best you can, I try to enjoy everyday and if I want something I usually go after it pretty hard. Good luck with your decision but it sounds like you already know what your going to do.

Go with that log cabin dude! That place looked sick. 5 years from now you will be happy you did

I am in the same boat but I cant find a renter so I will most likely lose the house I am after. If you know you can afford it and all it means is cutting back on some of your golf and other fun money, go for it. If its the home you want go after it. Life is short and you have to make it the best you can, I try to enjoy everyday and if I want something I usually go after it pretty hard. Good luck with your decision but it sounds like you already know what your going to do.

Thanks Vince, I know its what I want to do, and if us and the seller can agree on a price then we will do it. I'll have to quit my club, but there is a different one I can join in Duncan which will be closer to where I would live that is less than half the price, and all other frills will have to go for the time being.

Good luck to you as well. Hopefully you can find someone to rent the place you are in now.

If it's the same house as the one you posted last week, then that house is absolutely amazing!

If it's the same house as the one you posted last week, then that house is absolutely amazing!

It is and thank you. We saw the house on sunday and fell in love to be honest, its perfect. So now its making it happen, or being willing to make it happen.

Welcome back DawgDaddy!! Missed you in the deal of the day thread among others. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks mc, I am a very tired traveler. Glad to be able to spend more time here with friends.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

**Residency Interview Update** hehehe

We've now already heard from 10 of the 27, pretty crazy.

Today was Methodist Health Systems in Dallas.

It's going to be a chaotic Nov/Dec/Jan in my household methinks.

Apparently, sinus infections are not contagious. I don't know why I didn't know that.

Apparently, sinus infections are not contagious. I don't know why I didn't know that.

B/c you are Wiscansin educated?

I would like to leave this place and get my golf on asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back