Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, it is Thanksgiving here today and I am finally going to pull the trigger today on a 4 hybrid. I'm thinking possibly the Nike VR Pro, or Maybe the Nike Machspeed, but one way or another there will be a 4 hybrid in my bag after today, I really need one.
CB, I'd never hit a hybrid until I received a VR Pro 3-21* when I bought my VR Pro Driver, and I love this club. Plays incredibly straight.

Seth makes a good point. Just pay for shipping and it's yours.

Thats a really nice offer, I think I have to take you up on it.

Thats a really nice offer, I think I have to take you up on it.

I can ship it tomorrow as the post office is closed today. Just pm me your addy!

im pondering what Im going to ponder next, its been 2 weeks since Ive had a golf purchase

I'm pondering why in the heck I just can't decide on one ball. I noticed last night while cleaning my bag for an upcoming trip that there were no less than 5 different balls in there.

Oh and maybe something to replace the R11

I'm pondering why in the heck I just can't decide on one ball. I noticed last night while cleaning my bag for an upcoming trip that there were no less than 5 different balls in there.

Oh and maybe something to replace the R11

I had the same problem, I finally broke down and did a ball fitting. Best thing I could have done.

I'm starting to ponder a new driver shaft. Current setup is listed in my sig, had the chance to get on the Trackman at my golf lesson earlier today. The best swings had my ballspeed around 152 mph. Launch was as high as 13 degrees, but sometimes was a little lower at 10-11 degrees. Spin was anywhere from mid-2000s to low-3000s. I liked the ballflight on the good strikes, but would like a little tighter dispersion, like everyone else! It wouldn't be a cheap ponder, but I'm considering the Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61 in stiff flex, I guess you could say I've drank the kool-aid from others on here. Has anyone compared the Diamana Kai'li to the Miyazaki Kusala Blue? I'm specifically interesting in launch and spin characteristics.

For what it's worth, I was carrying range balls in the 245-250 yard range and ending up with total distance in the 270 yard range tonight on the best shots. My instructor told me that regular balls should result in higher ball speed, which would mean about 5-10 yards more carry. In that case, I'm not really looking for a lot more distance, I want more accuracy.

I went from the Diamana to the Miyazaki Blue. The launch was slightly higher for me with the Blue.
I thought overall the Miyazaki was smoother through the transition.

I went from the Diamana to the Miyazaki Blue. The launch was slightly higher for me with the Blue.
I thought overall the Miyazaki was smoother through the transition.

Thanks for the quick reply! Just for clarification, was it the Diamana Kai'li or one of the other Diamanas (Blueboard, etc.).

I feel like the Kai'li I'm playing right now is good when I make a smooth transition, but tends to feel a little softer when I make a harder transition at the ball. Of course, I get better results with the smooth transition which probably means I'm making a better swing overall. I'd just like something that didn't feel as loose at times when I swing a little harder and with a little less spin as well.

So many ponderings about hybrids. I have a credit at Golfsmith from when I returned my other hybrid and I just haven't found one I've liked a ton. Maybe the new Mashie? I don't really know what to get or when I'll get it. I may wait until more stuff comes out, but we'll see.

I had been pondering new irons but the X-24s have been flat out performing of late so they're probably around for next season after a wee bit of adjustment. For next season, I am going to take another look at the bag from 5i through various hybrids. I'm happy with the S2 driver and G15 4w but I'm not sold on the Mashie 2h and 4h, especially since the 2H is somewhat redundant with the 4W and I don't normally carry a 5i. I'm thinking a 3H / 5H set-up or something like 21 & 25 deg. Very interested in the Ping G20 and possibly the A12/A12OS along with considering putting a different pair of Mashie's into play. I'm looking to cover 175-190 and 190 - 205 distances. My 6i carries about 165-170 on average.

Still pondering changing my i15s to CG16 Tours, and my 910D2 & Fd to Cleveland models.

Gotta go to the range to try them out some more - I really am struggling with the pings :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So many ponderings about hybrids. I have a credit at Golfsmith from when I returned my other hybrid and I just haven't found one I've liked a ton. Maybe the new Mashie? I don't really know what to get or when I'll get it. I may wait until more stuff comes out, but we'll see.

Hit the new Adams a12 hybrids in either model, standard or OS. I think you will be very suprised.

Pondering new wedges. Will they be 588's or Vokey? I have no idea!

I feel like the Kai'li I'm playing right now is good when I make a smooth transition, but tends to feel a little softer when I make a harder transition at the ball. Of course, I get better results with the smooth transition which probably means I'm making a better swing overall. I'd just like something that didn't feel as loose at times when I swing a little harder and with a little less spin as well.

Miss K doesn't like to be pushed. Over swinging it means the tip doesn't perform properly as the mid section, which is fairly soft, doesn't let the tip arrive like it wants. If you moved to the 70, the mid section would be a little stiffer and could handle being pushed a bit more but in general the Kai'li isn't a shaft to go after it with. If you really want to do that a DI could be a better bet since the profile is like the Kai'li (stiff butt and tip, weaker mid) but the mid section is stronger. If you can stand to go up in LA, the Miya Blue can stand to being pushed a bit better.

Pondering so much...

Cleveland SL290 Driver
Cleveland FL FW Wood
Titelist 909 3,4 H
Mizuno MP-T11 wedges.

Basically a whole new bag

Pondering so much...

Cleveland SL290 Driver
Cleveland FL FW Wood
Titelist 909 3,4 H
Mizuno MP-T11 wedges.

Basically a whole new bag

The FL is *amazing*!

Just read on THPs twitter feed that the TM Ghost putters are now available in belly and long. Damn, serious pondering now. I can't wait to come across one in the store. That Spider has my name on it.

I'm hardcore pondering wedges. I'm in serious research mode.

Know it won't happen but wait for those lefty SCOR's. Money!

Same TC! I went and hit the Mizuno MP-T11s with the spinners the other day.. They have me thinking big time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back