Cobra ZL Encore Driver

This driver looks great,can't wait to try one out when they hit the stores.

I really like the S2 that I bagged back in late July. It's been a great addition to my game. I looked at the all white special edition S3 and it was pretty neat but I'm not very anal about caring for clubs so it would look pretty crappy in short order. My Corza Ghost putter looks like I dragged it through a pile of scrap metal. I'm very curious to see the reviews on this new baby, though. I was surprised by the S2 -- it beat out the Srixon ZrW and the Ping Rapture that I've been playing and it out-performed a number of contemporary drivers that I tested at the same time. Very nice equipment from the snake.

Great looking driver. Like others I like the carbon fiber look on it.

What grip is on it? Only got a short glance in the video and it looks almost like the white Tour Wrap grip I have on mine.

What grip is on it? Only got a short glance in the video and it looks almost like the white Tour Wrap grip I have on mine.

Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound.

Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound.

A special one just for this driver? I also have one of these on my other driver, and it has black on it. This one looks all white so I'm guessing a special grip. Good stuff though, looks like a great driver.

I like the look of this driver. The Cobra white is almost a pearlescent kinda look, and it really stands out.

Looking forward to hearing how it performs. I really like the F1 shaft in my R9 TP woods, so this interests me.

This is the best looking white driver I've ever seen! I can't wait to see it in person.

I like the all white look. Very sweet.

Love the look of this stick! I really like the white with grey accents of the carbon fiber material. the subtle touch of a silver face vs. a black face gives an even cleaner look. The inconspicuous 'cobra' alignment aid is a nice change from the previous 'coiled snake' look as well.

I guess I'll be the first to say that I don't like the looks of this driver. It looks like it should be called the iDriver, but that's just my completely biased opinion. If it performed better than my current driver, I'd play it--I wasn't a fan of the looks of my current driver either, but bought it based on pure performance.

Spent some time on the range with this today and came away fairly impressed. I will say that it is a very high launching driver from my early thoughts. But two things that stuck out to me that I really liked was first the look. It looks quite good when swinging the all white club. Second, the sound. Cobra clubs have been known to be rather loud, but the ZL Encore has a really good deep crack to it.

Distance was decent, although I did see a little too high a ball flight and it led to some distance loss. More coming soon.

Nice video, it is a stunning looking club. Love that white headcover too.

Nice video JB. I really like the look of the all white. Glad to hear Cobra has toned down the sound a little bit.

Thanks for the additional info JB. I see that the loft is 10.5 which I think is standard for what you typically play so I would guess that it is a shaft issue causing the high launch? Is the Motore F1 a shaft you have used before to be able to compare against what you are seeing now?

Thanks for the additional info JB. I see that the loft is 10.5 which I think is standard for what you typically play so I would guess that it is a shaft issue causing the high launch? Is the Motore F1 a shaft you have used before to be able to compare against what you are seeing now?

It will take some more time with it to give you some more detailed feedback. Playing again on Friday and will put it in play for the round.

I was under the impression the F1 was a low launch low spin shaft. Is this not the real deal or is the head just that high launching.

I was under the impression the F1 was a low launch low spin shaft. Is this not the real deal or is the head just that high launching.

x2 on this thought.....will be interesting to hear how it performs....

Man I really love the looks of this driver, stunning!

Man I really love the looks of this driver, stunning!

Rut Ro. The driver HO is on the hunt! :D

Seriously it is a stunning looking driver and I am looking forward to seeing how she performs in future tests.

That looks nice at address. I havent swung a cobra driver since HS I might have to give this one a test when it comes to the stores.

No doubt this is a real beauty to me, but don't think I would like the white grip after a few rounds. I also wonder about the sound, but based on looks alone, this is a stunner.

No doubt this is a real beauty to me, but don't think I would like the white grip after a few rounds. I also wonder about the sound, but based on looks alone, this is a stunner.

See above Duey.

I really have liked the last few driver releases by Cobra. I owned one in the past and it was the longest driver I have ever hit- even to this day. I just couldn't control the thing worth a darn. Love the white look too. Very clean looking.

F1? Mid launch, mid/low spin in theory. The ZL's are higher launching, higher spinning heads though vs the S3/S2 (no idea how they will be versus the Amp). When ordering my ZL I dropped the loft and went with a lower launch/spin setup (9 with HD6).

Interesting first thoughts JB. It's still another 3 weeks until mine rolls in (curse you special orders) and this only makes me more jealous heh.

Back